Toning

hummingbird
hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Weight Room
So cans omeone help me out with some suggestions for toning.

Ive lost over 65lbs since september. So it happened rather quickly. My issue however is not with losing weight, its toning. Arms, stomach. My legs have always been nice and firmly toned.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    weights birdie...bulding muscle tones u up after the weight loss.... when u do your running try ankle and wrist weights to start off.. if ur bones aren't strong enough for that pressure... just do something light with either a machine or those little cute pink and purple coated weights at ur crib every other day....
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

Ive lost over 65lbs since september. So it happened rather quickly. My issue however is not with losing weight, its toning. Arms, stomach. My legs have always been nice and firmly toned.

hmm, start out with some single arm dumbbell extensions and do squats with some resistance, like about 10 pounds of weight on each side of the pole, put it around your back as in behind you neck, hold it and just go down with every breath. This will tone up your stomach area and arms as well. Not only that, but it works the buttocks and thighs as well. Some incline bench press and push ups can help you as well. Do about 5 push ups a day or 7. If you can't do the full push up. Do the half push up for females. What you do is, put you knees to the ground and put you arms in push ups stance and then lean forward in and out.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited January 2011

That's whats up what did you do?If you don't mind me asking....
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    still-SBP wrote: »

//////////////////////
  • hummingbird
    edited January 2011
    still-SBP wrote: »
    Max-b wrote: »
    //////////////////////

3.5 mile run 4 times a week
    2hours cardio a day
    900 cal diet
    cut out all fastfood and sodas and no sweets.

Most of the weigth loss is really coming from my change in activity because before august I wasnt even walking 10k steps a day much less doing cardio. Ah the life of a corporate accountant
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    2hours cardio a day
    900 cal diet

Most of the weigth loss is really coming from my change in activity because before august I wasnt even walking 10k steps a day much less doing cardio. Ah the life of a corporate accountant

damn good for you tho...
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    now learn to eat healthy so u can keep the weight off.....u dont wanna have to do that again...i kno u dont
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited January 2011
    2hours cardio a day
    900 cal diet

You have the energy for all that cardio on 900 calories?!!??! Your will power must be amazing.

You should look into high intensity interval training.... you get strength training and cardio. I've found it to be really effective.
  • still-SBP
    edited January 2011
    2hours cardio a day
    900 cal diet

damn that's will power
  • hummingbird
    edited January 2011
    lol the 900 cal thing isnt as hard as people think. I am a nut for vegetables and beans. so its really low cal - complex carbs. So my energy is good to go.

What helps me with the low cal stuff is this...

Any cals I dont eat a day I treat like rollover minutes.

so if I eat 850 today I have 50 in my rollover bank.

so say I stay at or under my 900 cals for 10days in a row and i accumlate say 300 rollover calories. Now on my 11th day if I mess up my cal intake I have this extra 300 to pull from. However no matter if I use 10 or all 300 of those rollover cals, the bank starts over on day 12. get it?

It has made it so much easier to get back on track if I slip up.

and yes I have crazy will power lol. I dont like to be told i cant do something.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    lol the 900 cal thing isnt as hard as people think. I am a nut for vegetables and beans. so its really low cal - complex carbs. So my energy is good to go.

What helps me with the low cal stuff is this...

Any cals I dont eat a day I treat like rollover minutes.

so if I eat 850 today I have 50 in my rollover bank.

so say I stay at or under my 900 cals for 10days in a row and i accumlate say 300 rollover calories. Now on my 11th day if I mess up my cal intake I have this extra 300 to pull from. However no matter if I use 10 or all 300 of those rollover cals, the bank starts over on day 12. get it?

It has made it so much easier to get back on track if I slip up.

and yes I have crazy will power lol. I dont like to be told i cant do something.

I got this book that I'm going to read called "The 4-Hour Body". They diet is a slow-carb diet...no bread and more beans for protein and fiber. I want to drop about 40lbs......You're looking good Bird!!!
  • hummingbird
    edited January 2011
    goat334 wrote: »
    I got this book that I'm going to read called "The 4-Hour Body". They diet is a slow-carb diet...no bread and more beans for protein and fiber. I want to drop about 40lbs......You're looking good Bird!!!

thanks babe!!!

yea i replaced alot of my rice portions with beans.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Good stuff, love :tu
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I have a question...Could you tone and lose weight simultaneously?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I have a question...Could you tone and lose weight simultaneously?
    You most certainly can.

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    oh cool. thanks for answering. :)
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    2hours cardio a day
    900 cal diet

Sodas and gas station coffee and cappucinno is my weakness
  • hummingbird
    edited January 2011
    thank ya'll.

I added weights this weekend and a ? body is killing her
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    yea i upped my weights this weekend, mines is killing me too
  • still-SBP
    edited January 2011
    caddo man wrote: »
    Sodas and gas station coffee and cappucinno is my weakness

Hold up that's bad for you???
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    ? ! 900 calories? Well if you were to be around up to 1500, you'll still be good.
  • hummingbird
    edited February 2011
    ? ! 900 calories? Well if you were to be around up to 1500, you'll still be good.

I will only be doing the 900 for another couple weeks then it increases to 1200.

Its really not as bad as it sounds lol. like for instance one cup of cooked black beans is only 150 cals. and a grilled chicken breast has about 100 cals and one cup of steamed broccolli has about 30 cals. And because of the slow carbs int he beans you feel really full for awhile. so thats a full dinner for me under 300 cals.