Girls, engagement rings, do you care about the size?

Options
bassskim
bassskim Members Posts: 29
edited January 2011 in The Powder Room
Girls, as to engagement rings, do you care about the size? I think the size is not an issue, as long as it fits your finger, right? But my gf don't think so. The other day, I bought this ring for her(which I mean to give her on Valentine's day).
http://giftmadesimple.com/product/18K%20White%20Gold%20Square%20Cut%20Diamond%20Solitaire%20Engagement%20Ring%20/55708/?rid=28903763
Who knows, she said it not big enough. And she even implied the size is sort of matters.. If I don't get a good ring- then what does that say for the rest of the relationship or marriage... It predicts bad things! I'm so confused now. So, what's your opinion?

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bruh you shelled out your hard earned money for that ring and she come at with "it's not big enough." ? that, i quickly would've snatched that ? off her finger, got my 2 stack refund, and told her to kick rocks. that is just ungrateful as hell. lol why'd u even want to marry someone like that..?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RicanPrince thread.

The ring means nothing its extra..

The wedding is a prom..

The Marriage.. the dare i say it STAATE OF THE UNION.. is chief.. because that makes.. the ring worth it.. regardless of the price.. and the pomp and circumstance of the wedding
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    unless you got that ? from a ? shop for $60 and tried to pretend it was a real ass expensive diamond ring...

shorty geeking...
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw, my only concern is that the ring better not be silver
  • bugsy0911
    bugsy0911 Members Posts: 373
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sorry to tell you this buddy but size does matter. And if the ring you gave her is the one you linked, I would have told you the same thing. That ring looks like something you give a highschool sweetheart, not a ring you expect your wife to wear and cherish the rest of her life. If you don't have the money for a quality ring now, save until you can afford one. Even if it's until after you're married, she'll appreciate that you thought she was worth it.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Haha... T minus 2 years until the "My Ex Wife aint S&*&t" thread.

If my woman was like the engagement ring aint big enough...I swear before ? almighty my next words are going to be "Then this isn't for you then" and walk out.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Options

If my woman was like the engagement ring aint big enough...I swear before ? almighty my next words are going to be "Then this isn't for you then" and walk out.

^^^

this...

dude gave shorty a 1800 white gold ring....and she said it ain't big enough, lmao...
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Give that chick a decoder ring.. and in 10 years if ? is real.. give her a real ring.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

That will be the "ether" right there, if she talking that ? now ? her. If your bread ain't in that atmosphere get what you can until you can do better. If she not standing by your side til then, then you came out good getting her ass the cheaper ring
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well now that i've clicked your link...3/8th carat really aint that much, i mean, thats not even half a carat

im just saying
  • yogirlsxman
    yogirlsxman Banned Users Posts: 499
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Give that chick a decoder ring.. and in 10 years if ? is real.. give her a real ring.

^^^^^ this get something to get things started and on the 10 year reunion get the good stuff. Save for 10 years if the marriage or relationship fails with in that time use that ring money to party or invest it.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah women care...they need someone else menial to brag/compete about wit their girlfriends lol.
  • thehonorable
    edited January 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    well now that i've clicked your link...3/8th carat really aint that much, i mean, thats not even half a carat

im just saying

cool. I see.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hit her off with one of these.. Diamonds dont taste good.. *BONUS* and if she right shell make it last forever

Ring-Pop.gif
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not all women care.

I dont care. It could even be silver. Or hell even the decoder ring ol boy was talking about. But then again im a carefree kinda gal and just the sheer humor of getting a decoder ring or ring pop would win me over cause thats my personality.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes size matters

but so does clairity and the color and the cut and the setting
  • thehonorable
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Im doing a cheap ring. She will know why.

If we last...then the money can flow.

Really if you are that shallow to let a ring determine if a man is good enough for you and not his actions...well...

you deserve to be alone talking ish about the chick with the cheap ring but solid marriage.
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2011
    Options
    let me clairify too.....

the reason all that I said matters is cause if you are going to buy a diamond then it should be nice not some cheap itty bitty cloudy one

otherwise pick a different stone or style of ring
  • stilldat_dude
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ladies can you answer this because i have heard two different answers....does a man give you two rings...or is the engagement ring the wedding ring too...my woman's had the same one when she got married (? is like 5 carrots or some outlandish ? )...but i've heard women say they got two rings as well.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Options
    real talk, i don't even think it's the ring itself....i think it's the effort forreal....

in most cases...
    ? ring=bare minimum effort

only time you can get away with a ? ring is if she knows that ? ring was the absolute best you coud do... if she knows you can do better...like much much much better.. then she assumes you don't care....

women are funny like that...
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Invest in the marr-iage.
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2011
    Options
    an engagement ring ... usually the one with the diamond or whatever and a wedding band are traditional

the wedding band usually matches or compliments the engagement ring

most buy them in sets
  • stilldat_dude
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks Ms. S well i guess if she has a band she doesn't wear it because I've only seen the ring...the man's ? seem to suck ass in compared to the womens lol
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks Ms. S well i guess if she has a band she doesn't wear it because I've only seen the ring...the man's ? seem to suck ass in compared to the womens lol

the wedding is always all about the woman ...lol
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the wedding is always all about the woman ...lol

i'll be in austin saturday

what are some fun family things to do