Girls, engagement rings, do you care about the size?

Options

Comments

• stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    and that's realer than real deal Holyfield
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bassskim wrote: »
    Girls, as to engagement rings, do you care about the size? I think the size is not an issue, as long as it fits your finger, right? But my gf don't think so. The other day, I bought this ring for her(which I mean to give her on Valentine's day).
    http://giftmadesimple.com/product/18K%20White%20Gold%20Square%20Cut%20Diamond%20Solitaire%20Engagement%20Ring%20/55708/?rid=28903763
    Who knows, she said it not big enough. And she even implied the size is sort of matters.. If I don't get a good ring- then what does that say for the rest of the relationship or marriage... It predicts bad things! I'm so confused now. So, what's your opinion?

? her. No offense to your girl but ? her. If the chick really loved you the ring wouldn't matter. For her to even come at you like that, especially behind something you didn't have to do for her...? her, cheat on her then leave her for a fat girl.
  • kevmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the wedding is always all about the woman ...lol

So true.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i'll be in austin saturday

what are some fun family things to do

I'm sure there's a UT basketball game

Go to Phil's Ice House off Burnet Road . Good food and an outdoor playground. It's owned by Amy's Ice Cream... which is right next door

See the Bats off Congress Bridge

Alamo Drafthouse to see a movie... they serve food and beer/wine during the movie

Austin Children's Museum ususally has some nice exhibits
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That's thing about these ? ? and why it's hard to that them seriously. You can have a 3 karat or 2 karat rock, but if it's flawed is a low quality diamond it isn't worth as much 1/2 or 1 karat diamond that has an i.f., v.v.s or v.s. rating. If babygirl doesn't appreciate the ring you bought her, YOU NEED TO REALLY CONSIDER IF YOU WANT TO MARRY HER!!!!!

Here's a site on what to look for when buying diamonds. http://gia4cs.gia.edu/?gclid=CNKO_6Cv2KYCFYnd4AodK3UPGw
  • sammm
    sammm Members Posts: 1,139
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I know the exact ring I want.
    1.5 ct or 2 ct is good enough for me.
    I rather have a smaller ct ring from tiffanys than a big ass rock from some unknown ass place.
    But yeah it matters, she's suppose to wearing that thing till death do y'all part.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sammm wrote: »
    I know the exact ring I want.
    1.5 ct or 2 ct is good enough for me.
    I rather have a smaller ct ring from tiffanys than a big ass rock from some unknown ass place.
    But yeah it matters, she's suppose to wearing that thing till death do y'all part.

you aint never gettin married.. hell cheat, on you deny your kids,.. and hell beat you..because you put mayo on his sammiches..and leave you for a white girl or a man, and just in case you get married.. you'll still have that ring.. because we know you want give it back.. congratulations in advance.. a
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SMH.... and my thread gets moved to the powder room ?

While ? could sit here and talk about what size ring they want ?

FOH
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I find it funny how so many men say dumb that ? if she wants a nice ring

yet alot of you have no issues spending $3k or more on a TV and want women to be okay with that
  • ForeverMeah
    ForeverMeah Members Posts: 82
    edited January 2011
    Options
    honestly the ring size didn't matter to me...and each year we have upgraded. Some woman trip off the ring more so to show it off to everyone. Missing the entire purpose of it.
    No I wouldnt want my husband to go all out on a ring and have to struggle. That money could be used for other things. I'm just sayin *kanye shrug*
  • 7figz
    edited January 2011
    Options

yet alot of you have no issues spending $3k or more on a TV and want women to be okay with that

A TV = used just about every day - provides multiple forms of entertainment, learning, current events, etc...

VS

A ring ..... something to show ya' girlfriends ?
  • MsSouthern
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it's all about whats important to who

honestly I don't need a 60 something inch TV in my house but my man seems to like it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That Tv will last longer than the relationship..
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    relationships are made in China now.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It matters about as much as ? size
  • sandiegohiphophustle
    sandiegohiphophustle Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If a woman is tripping over a material item you need to charge her ass to the game ASAP. That says alot about her character and she'll be quick to leave you for a ? who has more then you do.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    CzySxyCool wrote: »
    ^^^ well trained^^^

sike but defiantly true!!!

A ring will not make up for what the relationship lacks... in other words if something happen to the ring he gave me will i still love him unconditionally??? people put so much into the material things now a day... a big reason why so many get divorced shortly after!

I see you got homie in shape eh.
  • kevmic
    edited January 2011
    Options

Because a 3k tv isn't bought on a maybe. Men know their tv will work, and even if it doesn't we can take it back for a new one. 3-5k on a ring is a lot of money for a maybe.
  • 7figz
    edited January 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    SMH.... and my thread gets moved to the powder room ?

While ? could sit here and talk about what size ring they want ?

FOH

• MsSouthern
    edited January 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »

you need to let that go

it's just a thread ......
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Only rang I'm givin to these ? out chea:

Ring-Pop.gif
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hell yes I do! I'm trying to get multiple carats.
  • 7figz
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you need to let that go

it's just a thread ......

Nothing personal but this is clearly a ladies' thread.

My thread was insighting interesting feedback from both males and females. Moving it to the powder room pretty much killed a good discussion and whichever mod did it never answered for it.... a ? move.
  • bassskim
    bassskim Members Posts: 29
    edited January 2011
    Options
    let me clairify too.....

the reason all that I said matters is cause if you are going to buy a diamond then it should be nice not some cheap itty bitty cloudy one

otherwise pick a different stone or style of ring

so, how much would u pay for a diamon ring for your wife/gf?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options

well that's mostly because a man doesn't see a television as symbol of how much his woman loves him while some women see a ring as a representation of the same thing...it's pretty stupid on a woman's part because it does nothing but put a price on you if you make TOO big of a deal out of the ring...no man wants his woman to have a ? ring, but we also don't want a woman who tries to equate how much we love her with how much we spend on a ring