Girls, engagement rings, do you care about the size?

Options
13»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the wedding is always all about the woman ...lol

one of my gf's friend said this recently after she got engaged...I told her "You need to marry you ? self then since the day is all about you and tell your fiance to not even show up"...she got quiet real quick
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bassskim wrote: »
    so, how much would u pay for a diamon ring for your wife/gf?

I'm not ? soooo.....
    blackrain wrote: »
    well that's mostly because a man doesn't see a television as symbol of how much his woman loves him while some women see a ring as a representation of the same thing...it's pretty stupid on a woman's part because it does nothing but put a price on you if you make TOO big of a deal out of the ring...no man wants his woman to have a ? ring, but we also don't want a woman who tries to equate how much we love her with how much we spend on a ring

I don't think it should be a symbol of how much a man loves a woman. But it should be something the woman wants to wear.
    blackrain wrote: »
    one of my gf's friend said this recently after she got engaged...I told her "You need to marry you ? self then since the day is all about you and tell your fiance to not even show up"...she got quiet real quick

lol so sad but yet happens all the time
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm not ? soooo.....

I don't think it should be a symbol of how much a man loves a woman. But it should be something the woman wants to wear.

lol so sad but yet happens all the time

I agree but the tv comparison just didn't fit...the ring should be something a woman wants to wear but society has been duped into thinking that the whole 3 months salary thing is a real tradition and some women just want a diamond ring to say they have a diamond ring and show off...IMO it's an engagement ring isn't something that should be seen as that type of materialistic item..even if i were to get my fiance, whenever I decide to get married, an expensive ring without it being detrimental to my bank account I'd take that ? back in a heartbeat if I felt that she valued the ring more than what the ring stands for...and as for my gf's friend...let's just say her and her fiance are already have issues over planning their wedding...it seems in planning her "dream wedding" since she was 12 she forgot she may actually have to consider what her fiance may want on that day as well lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ill buy you some shoes.. then...
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the size or cost didn't matter to me but the cut, gold did. I would have been ? if it was a round diamond with white gold or silver. (I can't wear silver) Luckily my husband paid attention when I said (at some point) that I like marquis cut diamond solitare yellow gold rings.

But, whatever he bought me I still would have worn....except silver or 10k gold. I'm allergic.
  • MERYLISGOAT
    MERYLISGOAT Members Posts: 781
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not to me

shrugs
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sounds like your chick aint ? and you're an idiot for having to ask us instead of figuring this easy ? out yourself. *Kanye shrug*
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks Ms. S well i guess if she has a band she doesn't wear it because I've only seen the ring...the man's ? seem to suck ass in compared to the womens lol

not always. my wife got me one with 5 diamonds in it and i think that's over done. I wouldn't have gave a ? if it was a fruitloop.

similar to this one...

diaduo1ctx150wbg.jpg

SMH I was a street ? and she got me looking like a damn softee