The Official Dmx Is Better Than Jay-Z Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Dopefiend
    Dopefiend Members Posts: 86
    edited January 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    DMX is more doped up than Jay-z, true ? !

X smokes ? , that ain't what dope is. Know ur basic hood facts b4 u insult a legend.

Nah, disagree with the thread. I got X in my top 10, but he ain't even close to ? with Jay. Nobody's callin DMX the GOAT.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    DMX has never been the best rapper alive. In 1998, he was what 50 Cent was in 2003: an insanely popular rapper that people looked up to as the 2nd coming of Pac. In 1998, people respected Jay, Big Pun and even Lauryn Hill lyrically over DMX. By '99, people had moved on to riding Em as a lyricist in addition to praising Nas again, and continuing to respect Jay Z as a lyricist. In 2000, the Em wave continued and Jay Z was moving up in the ranks. By '01, DMX wasn't even an issue as Jay Z and Nas battled for lyrical supremacy.

Umm wrong. Did you just say by 99 ppl had moved on..?

In '99 DMX did:

"Woodstock"
    Headlined Hard Knock Life Tour
    Recieved MULTIPLE awards like Billboards awards, MTV Music awards, Soul Train awards, Source Awards
    Belly came out in November '98 so he still had hype from that movie
    Had singles from "It's Dark.." and "Flesh Of My Flesh", while also puttin' out "Ryde Or Die Vol. 1" and "And Then There Was X" which came out late '99 which had joints like "What These ? Want", "Party Up", "What's My Name" etc on the radio.

Back in 2000 he had the joints from "And Then There Was X" playin, "Ryde Or Die Vol. 2", Headlined prolly the biggest tour that year beisde "Up In Smoke Tour" with Cash Money and did movies like "Romeo Must Die", had alot of chart topping features like the joint with Aaliyah, "Backstage" came out and etc.

Where X started to lose steam was after 2001. Now of course he had a smash hit back in 2003 but still.
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2011
    X was beasting ? and his presence was felt throughout.

He crushed the shiny suit era everybody was stuck on, including Jay with that colorful ass "Sunshine" video.
    It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and Flesh Of My Flesh..TWO #1 albums in the SAME YEAR and sold plenty, something Jay couldn't do.
    He was Def Jam's top selling artist at the time and hit Hollywood hard WITHOUT going pop to do it.

iight well since u a fake ass smart ? in here maybe u can answer this

Everything that DMX is better then Jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... so I seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...

and u reaching by the way with the "everybody was stuck on, including Jay with that colorful ass "Sunshine" video." lls ? it was one video on one album come on u can do better then that smh
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    and we knw the bolded how

we dont the ? just enjoy talking out his ass thats all
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011

He crushed the shiny suit era everybody was stuck on, including Jay with that colorful ass "Sunshine" video.
    It's Dark And Hell Is Hot and Flesh Of My Flesh..TWO #1 albums in the SAME YEAR and sold plenty, something Jay couldn't do.
    He was Def Jam's top selling artist at the time and hit Hollywood hard WITHOUT going pop to do it.

and how u figure that Jay COULDN'T make 2 number 1 albums in a year??? lls did he try and fail?? u hate jay that much u and ya big bro tomp be killin me over here lls
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    iight well since u a fake ass smart ? in here maybe u can answer this

Everything that DMX is better then Jay at he is also better then 99.9 percent of rappers at as well... so I seen a ? say can jay make a song like slippin... lls what rapper can???????????? I'll wait...

and u reaching by the way with the "everybody was stuck on, including Jay with that colorful ass "Sunshine" video." lls ? it was one video on one album come on u can do better then that smh

Smh @ this JayHova witness mad at my post. Two reasons:

(1) Everything in that post is ALL FACT. Can you refute it? NO. Stop being in denial and deal with it.
    (2) And yes, "Sunshine" came out in 1997, during the time when Puff was running ? with "No Way Out"..every artist and their moms THAT YEAR was trying to jump on that party/dance bandwagon, including Jay and the video resembled something Puff would have done. Not to mention he had a track on from that Volume 1 album called "I Know What Girls Like" which featured Puff and the usual Puff cameo. The only artist that didn't fall through that was Wu Tang Clan with Wu Tang Forever..

Smh..why these camel ? riders are always talking reckless when their hero doesn't get put a pedestal?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    and how u figure that Jay COULDN'T make 2 number 1 albums in a year??? lls did he try and fail?? u hate jay that much u and ya big bro tomp be killin me over here lls

He didn't. But DMX did. FACT.

Jay didn't start selling millions until Volume 2 (5 million)....FACT.

I don't hate Jay, I hate his dickriders who think the ? is impenetrable ....FACT.
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    Smh @ this JayHova witness mad at my post. Two reasons:

(1) Everything in that post is ALL FACT. Can you refute it? NO. Stop being in denial and deal with it.
    (2) And yes, "Sunshine" came out in 1997, during the time when Puff was running ? with "No Way Out"..every artist and their moms THAT YEAR was trying to jump on that party/dance bandwagon, including Jay and the video resembled something Puff would have done. Not to mention he had a track on from that Volume 1 album called "I Know What Girls Like" which featured Puff and the usual Puff cameo. The only artist that didn't fall through that was Wu Tang Clan with Wu Tang Forever..

Smh..why these camel ? riders are always talking reckless when their hero doesn't get put a pedestal?

lls its really funny how u try so hard to sound intelligent smh jay doing 1 video in shiny suits don't make him a shiny suite ? not after he had songs on the album like where i'm from, you must love me, real ? , and etc... so u just reaching with that comment to mention him as a shiny suite ? but if u believe he was then so be it i guess he was then huh lol

but i see how u still avoided the other part of my post about how EVERYTHING X was/is better then Jay at he better then pretty much every rapper at live shows, real deep emotional songs etc went platinum twice in one year who else could or have done that??? we all know the answer to that ya'll ? just hate Jay so much ya'll put him as the example we can put Nas here cause he doesn't stack up to those things i mentioned Em, Biggie, Pac, i mean who??? lls but all yall doin is showing just how great the ? is lls... but lyrically no X ain't ? with Jay and Album 4 Album he aint either
  • BOOGLIVE18
    BOOGLIVE18 Members Posts: 882
    edited January 2011
    Thread speaks for itself
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    never awnsered the question.....Jay-Z easily. way better lyrics, albums and he has had longevity & consistency
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I co sign this thread...
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Ok its official Dmx is better
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    lls its really funny how u try so hard to sound intelligent smh jay doing 1 video in shiny suits don't make him a shiny suite ? not after he had songs on the album like where i'm from, you must love me, real ? , and etc... so u just reaching with that comment to mention him as a shiny suite ? but if u believe he was then so be it i guess he was then huh lol

but i see how u still avoided the other part of my post about how EVERYTHING X was/is better then Jay at he better then pretty much every rapper at live shows, real deep emotional songs etc went platinum twice in one year who else could or have done that??? we all know the answer to that ya'll ? just hate Jay so much ya'll put him as the example we can put Nas here cause he doesn't stack up to those things i mentioned Em, Biggie, Pac, i mean who??? lls but all yall doin is showing just how great the ? is lls... but lyrically no X ain't ? with Jay and Album 4 Album he aint either

You obviously are in denial because of your infatuation with Mr. Carter Knowles and it's sickening. I NEVER said Jay was in any shiny suit so get your reading comprehension straight. Puff came with that he brought that jiggy era to wear fashion suits and being flashy and Jay wasn't too far behind and that's fact whether you like it or not.
    Look at: Jay's first 3 album covers and the videos: Feelin' It, The City Is Mine, Sunshine are just a few examples of Jay in the jiggy era. He didn't start actually dressing gutter until X came out. Plus X's live performances>>>>>Jay's. Way more energetic, plus emotional and spontaneous. Jay had none of those in this performances (to a certain extent he still doesn't) until he hooked up with X and he confessed himself he wouldn't be a better live performer if it wasn't for DMX. And I don't know how many times I say this..I don't hate Jay-Z. I hate ? that dickride him (like you) and think he has no weakness, like he's impenetrable. If I see something in an artist whether strength or weakness I'm gonna call 'me out and Jay is no exception. Lyrics in the technical sense, Jay>>>DMX, but what DMX had that Jay didn't was SOUL, EMOTION and ENERGY to keep a ? 's attention. Plus he didn't conform to the Jewish business powers and officially sell the ? out like your hero. That to me makes a better artist, IMO. Plus ALL of Jay's albums aren't great..
  • innercity99
    edited January 2011
    You obviously are in denial because of your infatuation with Mr. Carter Knowles and it's sickening. I NEVER said Jay was in any shiny suit so get your reading comprehension straight. Puff came with that he brought that jiggy era to wear fashion suits and being flashy and Jay wasn't too far behind and that's fact whether you like it or not.
    Look at: Jay's first 3 album covers and the videos: Feelin' It, The City Is Mine, Sunshine are just a few examples of Jay in the jiggy era. He didn't start actually dressing gutter until X came out. Plus X's live performances>>>>>Jay's. Way more energetic, plus emotional and spontaneous. Jay had none of those in this performances (to a certain extent he still doesn't) until he hooked up with X and he confessed himself he wouldn't be a better live performer if it wasn't for DMX. And I don't know how many times I say this..I don't hate Jay-Z. I hate ? that dickride him (like you) and think he has no weakness, like he's impenetrable. If I see something in an artist whether strength or weakness I'm gonna call 'me out and Jay is no exception. Lyrics in the technical sense, Jay>>>DMX, but what DMX had that Jay didn't was SOUL, EMOTION and ENERGY to keep a ? 's attention. Plus he didn't conform to the Jewish business powers and officially sell the ? out like your hero. That to me makes a better artist, IMO. Plus ALL of Jay's albums aren't great..

lls man b4 i read this i was thinking damn this ? might actual have some ? and know what the hell he talking about 4 once but then i read it and u disappointed me once again smh...

u never said jay was in a shiny suit yea ok let u tell it

infatuation with Jay lls really how when do u ever see me stanen the ? oh i'll wait...

when u ever see me respond to someone who doesnt like jay or think jay is great??? oh i'll wait...

when have u ever seen me try n convince a ? to like jay lls?????? oh i'll wait

when have u ever seen me talk about jay as if he doesn't have any flaws or he is perfect?? once again i'll wait

? u is a clown that talk out ya ass and u fake wanna be smart but u not u claim u don't hate jay but u in every jay hate thread c/s tomp like ya'll bonnie & Clyde smh but do u homie lls

if i was a jay stan i believe i would have a lot more then just 543 posts as many threads that get made about jay a day and i been here since december 09 i'd have well over 10k but i laugh at most of that ?

but back to the thread u claim he didnt start to dressen "Gutter" until X came out lls yea ok so how was he dressen in 96 during RD?

and once again u ignore the part about me saying EVERYTHING X IS BETTER THEN JAY AT HE'S BETTER THEN 99.9% OF RAPPERS IN had to say it in bold cap 4 the ? smh

so ? can u stop bringing up the obvious like "well X is a much better live performer then jay" lls ? is u stupid or dumb???????? lmaoooo

oh yea and one more thing what was the point of u sayin all jay's albums are not great?? lls was i stannin again and just didnt know it?? did i say jay had all classics and not a flaw in his resume? u tellin me that like X does or like any artist does 4 that matter

now GTFOH unless u goin come with something better then that ? u just posted
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    MrJR wrote: »
    Mods Sticky This

my swag is unimaginable.

HELLLLL NAW...Jay Z got a better flow, he's lyrically better, he's more versatile and he's the more complete rapper. PLUS J been at it for well over 10 years and DMX only had about 3 good albums....aint NO WAY he better if you look at the stats, this thread is just coming from the heart instead of FACTS
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited February 2011
    He's tight but too much yellin' & subliminal ? raps. Example: His verse on TOP SHOTTER. "Muthaf*cker, rip your ? outta place" HUH? WTF?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    DMX is way nicer than JayZ. Why is this even a comparison? It's real vs. fake. Music from the soul vs. pop music.