Could Unrest in Egypt Be The Beginning of the End Of Israel's Dominance in The ME?

Options
anthony7q
anthony7q Members Posts: 782
edited February 2011 in The Social Lounge
The people of Egypt are in the streets protesting and demanding for their dictator, (who the US has supported for 30 years because they're soft on Israel) to step down. Eygpt is the US second strongest ally next to Israel in that region and according to CNN they receive about 3 Billion in aid each year.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/28/clashes-erupt-in-cairo-elbaradei-told-to-stay-put-cnn-camera-confiscated/?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Comments

• Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fox news talking about how the US is 'reviewing' stopping foreign aid to Egypt in wake of this situation. We can hope
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have been admittedly ignorant about the situation in Egypt and our relations Egyptuntil recently. I had no idea that our gov't has been supporting a corrupt dictator for all of these years.

And as a sidenote, I think it's amazing that their gov't has a flip switch on the internet/ phone service. People are reporting that Twitter/ Facebook played a huge role in organizing the protests. I avoid FB and twitter like the plague because of all the BS and ignorance, but social media has an astonishing amount of influence and power now. It's actually a little boggling.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol @ facebook organizing a damn revolution. And all this started cuz of a damn Zuckerberg blog. 10 years later people using his site to take out dictators LOL

Anyway, I imagine that CIA and other Intelligence Agencies know exactly what they're doing by using facebook and all this ? to organize and destabilize regions where the population is ? about whatever.

The problem is we need to stop getting on "democracy's" ? . If we destabilize and take out the government and put in a democratic one....WHO DO U THINK THEY'RE GOING TO VOTE IN?

Them ? dont like the US.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    The problem is we need to stop getting on "democracy's" ? . If we destabilize and take out the government and put in a democratic one....WHO DO U THINK THEY'RE GOING TO VOTE IN?

Them ? dont like the US.

I was just having this conversation tonight. People are actually ignorant enough to believe that when we "bring democracy" to a 3rd world middle eastern country full of religious zealots, that they'll adopt our ideals of free speech, free religion, equal rights for minorities and women etc, just because it's democracy. People don't understand those things come from our Bill of Rights and were specifically written into the Constitution BECAUSE democracy has a tendency to violate those rights.

I been saying, when we "brought democracy to the region" after toppling Saddam's regime, if we want them to have a democracy, we have to accept that they're going to vote for things we hate. If our goal was to bring American values and ideals to the region, we should have installed a dictator who would force those values on the people. As oppressive as some of those regimes are, many middle eastern countries, when given a democratic government, would vote away their rights all over again.And that's just on the domestic front. When it comes to foreign policy, we were usually better off with the terrible evil dictators than the democratically elected leaders they'll end up putting into power.

It's just the arrogant assumption that so many people make: "We're going to liberate this region and give the people a democratic government, but obviously they have to elect leaders we approve of."
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LOL US supported dictators are getting overthrown man, first tunesia, now egypt(hopefully) after all these years of torment. Yo darksies and shootemwon, WTF you guys babbling about democracy and destablising the egyptian government when your government is one of the reasons the tunesian and egyptian dicators could reign for all these years man? This aren't US backed/organised coupes, this is a very deep rooted feeling of ending oppression and injustice, this is happening all over the region, even the moroccan king is ? himself right now. These are revolutions man

Oh and btw, Tunesia already had free speech/equal rights for women/minorities/freedom of religion etc, hell headscarves were banned in public councils/places etc. These revolutions are about the ? up dictator rule( like in Egypt for example the IRon trade is in complete control of the friend of the son of the dicator and most recently/right now there is a housing crisis, houses use a lot of iron, so that ? with his monopoly in egypots iron trade upped the prices beyond believe etc)

This is about getting a future man, many people over there are poor and cannot get out of that cycle man. These are real plights many people have gone on the streets even since that bro set himself on fire....

If you cats don't realize how big this is, look at a gottdamn map, the maghrib+egypt is bigger than the states. If the egyptian ? gets overthrown, hopefully morocco is next, hopefully this will have a effect worldwide. these are incredibly interesting times man
  • CrownChakra
    CrownChakra Members Posts: 351
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Contries will continue go fall into civil unrest and revolt because its happening more and more around the world. Its seems like a revolution is contagious. I just wander who will be next.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited January 2011
    Options
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/without-egypt-israel-will-be-left-with-no-friends-in-mideast-1.339926

Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast
    Without Egypt's Mubarak and with relations with Turkey in shambles, Israel will be forced to court new potential allies.
    By Aluf Benn

The fading power of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's government leaves Israel in a state of strategic distress. Without Mubarak, Israel is left with almost no friends in the Middle East; last year, Israel saw its alliance with Turkey collapse.

From now on, it will be hard for Israel to trust an Egyptian government torn apart by internal strife. Israel's increasing isolation in the region, coupled with a weakening United States, will force the government to court new potential allies.

Israel's foreign policy has depended on regional alliances which have provided the country with strategic depth since the 1950s. The country's first partner was France, which at the time ruled over northern Africa and provided Israel with advanced weaponry and nuclear capabilities.

After Israel's war against Egypt in 1956, David Ben-Gurion attempted to establish alliances with non-Arab countries in the region, including Iran, Turkey and Ethiopia. The Shah of Iran became a significant ally of Israel, supplying the country with oil and money from weapons purchases. The countries' militaries and intelligence agencies worked on joint operations against Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser's rule, which was seen as the main threat against Israel and pro-Western Arab governments.

Israel's next alliances were forged with Jordan's King Hussein and Morocco's King Hassan. These ties were operated in secret, as well as ties with leaders in Lebanon's Christian community. The late 1970s saw the fall of the Shah of Iran, with an anti-Israel Islamic republic created in his stead.

Around the same time, Egypt and Israel broke their cycle of conflict by signing a peace agreement. Egypt positioned itself on the side of Saudi Arabia, as head of the pro-American camp.

Mubarak inherited the peace agreement after President Anwar Sadat's assassination. Mubarak was cold in his public relations with Israel, refusing to visit the country except for Yitzhak Rabin's funeral, which decelerated normalization between the countries.

Relations between the Israel Defense Forces and the Egyptian army were conducted on a low level, with no joint exercises. Egyptian public opinion was openly hostile towards Israel and anti-Semitic terminaology was common. Civil relations between the countries were carried out by a handful of government workers and businessmen.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    This aren't US backed/organised coupes-
    wait, who claimed they were?
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Waiting patiently for illuminati conspiracy theorist...
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You Maghrebi my dude? And Eto'o >>> Messi
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Looks to me like MORE proMOslem governments are coming into being. Leading to the war Zeke predicted.
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As long as Sharia Law types don't come into power and ? with us, who cares
  • CrownChakra
    CrownChakra Members Posts: 351
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Waiting patiently for illuminati conspiracy theorist...

I really have nothing to say other then ? whoever the U.S supports
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Just to be clear, Sharia Law is NOT coming to America. This is just fear-mongering and anti-Muslim paranoia.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    It's here already.....didn't you notice in that video there's no mention of compromise....those Muslims are demanding that America has to adjust to them not the other way around.

And since those Muslims in the video aren't legislators, they do not determine our laws, regardless of what they may or may not be demanding.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LOL US supported dictators are getting overthrown man, first tunesia, now egypt(hopefully) after all these years of torment. Yo darksies and shootemwon, WTF you guys babbling about democracy and destablising the egyptian government when your government is one of the reasons the tunesian and egyptian dicators could reign for all these years man? This aren't US backed/organised coupes, this is a very deep rooted feeling of ending oppression and injustice, this is happening all over the region, even the moroccan king is ? himself right now. These are revolutions man

Oh and btw, Tunesia already had free speech/equal rights for women/minorities/freedom of religion etc, hell headscarves were banned in public councils/places etc. These revolutions are about the ? up dictator rule( like in Egypt for example the IRon trade is in complete control of the friend of the son of the dicator and most recently/right now there is a housing crisis, houses use a lot of iron, so that ? with his monopoly in egypots iron trade upped the prices beyond believe etc)
    c/s And them conservative Israel dickriders on Fox was talkin bout how bad this could be for the US cause the Muslim Brotherhood who don't like Israel is a part of this group thats overthrowin the government, these muhfuckas need to stop actin like the US and Israel are joined at the hip. They were tryna spin it to look like the new potential government is the one thats corrupt when the current government that the US supports is full of dictators, ? disgustin.
    This is about getting a future man, many people over there are poor and cannot get out of that cycle man. These are real plights many people have gone on the streets even since that bro set himself on fire....

If you cats don't realize how big this is, look at a gottdamn map, the maghrib+egypt is bigger than the states. If the egyptian ? gets overthrown, hopefully morocco is next, hopefully this will have a effect worldwide. these are incredibly interesting times man
    Word anytime you got cats doin that self-immolation ? you know there's legitimate hardships in that country, and I HOPE the other Maghreb states except for Libya get overthrown so they can finally form that Arab Maghreb Union which would become the dominant power in the Middle East and a major player on the world stage. Other then Gaddafi the currnet leaders of those countries are too stupid to realize how much better it would be for them to join forces and they stay beefin wit each other over ? , maybe wit new people in charge they'll put aside any differences in order to get more money and power.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You actually believe that those demands won't cause more problems,if they aren't accepted?

I don't exactly know what you're talking about, but it's safe to say that you're not talking about Sharia Law.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    I don't exactly know what you're talking about
    jay2.gif No one does
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Good post, I agree.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Will this happen in my lifetime? I seriously doubt it but the downfall of this country is inevitable. BTW did either one you doubters even watch that video in my post #16.

“? will destroy America by the hands of the Muslims. . . . ? will not give Japan or Europe the honor of bringing down the United States; this is an honor ? will bestow upon Muslims.”

Louis Farrakhan

America treating Muslims and Arabs around the world like trash is gonna come back to America sooner or later. I hope it doesn't happen, but let's face it, America has been bringing this ? upon itself. You can't support evil in the Middle East and not expect people to wish to do evil things back.

When Haitians freed themselves from Napoleon in the 1800s, French citizens in Haiti were butchered and slaughtered like cows, including some kids. Karma sometimes isn't a pretty thing, the English and Dutch have it pretty rough in Zimbabwe and South Africa too. Payback is a ? , let's hope the USA stops supporting genocide in Israeli territories sooner than later.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't know about that. As long as Israel can get support from the US and maintain a military state, they'll maintain dominance in the region imo.

I agree with you. Israel is too powerful a force, especially since so many countries in the world have given it so many weapons and money. Israel is surrounded by enemies, and yet is doing fairly well, at least economically.

Israel's time is running out though, it can't keep Palestinians in an apartheid state while the population of Palestinians is outpacing Israeli growth. I give Israel another 100 years before it is taken down by its own greed.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So it's America fault and not the policies that caused these problems. I'm curious as to why so many people from ME countries migrate to America given what you said above.....why do they want to come here? can you answer that question.

We have a higher standard of living and we used to offer social mobility.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree with you. Israel is too powerful a force, especially since so many countries in the world have given it so many weapons and money. Israel is surrounded by enemies, and yet is doing fairly well, at least economically.

Israel's time is running out though, it can't keep Palestinians in an apartheid state while the population of Palestinians is outpacing Israeli growth. I give Israel another 100 years before it is taken down by its own greed.

You say their time is "running out" like it's about to be a wrap, but then you give em another hundred years, and Israel has only been around for about 63 or so years. You're sayin they still got more ahead of them than behind them.

But I don't know why you would predict that the Palestinian issue will lead to Israel's demise in about 100 years based on the Palestinians are some of the poorest people on earth squeezed into a tiny deathtrap of a territory where they're unable to have any kind of meaningful economy. In such a situation, how would you even have any confidence in how their growth will continue 100 years into the future? With the entire Middle East so unstable right now, I wouldn't make any big predictions about the 22nd century. Something will probably happen one way or another long before that.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. 2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." Zechariah 12:1-3

World events continue to line up EXACTLY with Bible prophecy. No nation in the world, including America, will be Israels ally in the last days. Only then will the nation of Israel cry out for a deliverer and the Lord Jesus will rescue His chosen people.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why do so many Muslims want to come to America? So many of the radical elements within want America to be more like the countries they left & have no respect for American culture. I JUST CANNOT follow or accept how demanding many Muslims become once they get to America.....they start DEMANDING that we accommodate them.....try watching that video (post #16) I posted and tell me there aren't elements within our society that act this way.

And the Westboro Baptist Church celebrates the death of US soldiers in the line of duty. When will Christians stop with their hatred for our military?