To "John Prewett"

KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Social Lounge
Just a thread where we can ask John Prewett a few questions...

John, my first question is, I was wondering how you came across allhiphop.com forums?

Do you really reside in Thailand? I have had many work friends visit during their annual leave, was considering it myself, as have heard lovely place, and also prices are low for almost anything and everything?

Do you listen to any hiphop artists?? Or here mainly for the Social Lounge conversations?

Feel free to add more people

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    John, are you* the poster formerly known as* It'sOver:2012?
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited January 2011
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Just a thread where we can ask John Prewett a few questions...

Flattered.
    John, my first question is, I was wondering how you came across allhiphop.com forums?

I forget what connection lead I followed to get me here.
    I participate in several forums [and over the years have been banned from several others].
    I'm always on the lookout for public forums.
    Do you really reside in Thailand?

Yes. And have since October of 1998.
    I have had many work friends visit during their annual leave, was considering it myself,
    as have heard lovely place, and also prices are low for almost anything and everything?

I agree with the assesments of your friends. Prices are low for everything labor intensive. Low for rent. Low for food.
    Manufactured goods are bout the same as USA. Goods imported into Thailand are more expensive than USA.
    Do you listen to any hiphop artists??

I don't spend much time just listening to music of any kind. What music I have on hand is mostly old country and old "pop."

Like most white guys my age, I never got acquainted with hiphop. Nor got acquainted with opera nor jazz.

Please tell me what hiphop means to you ?
    What would you say are the top three "messages" [for want of a better word] that hiphop artist seek to deliver ?
    How you think it affects America/American culture in general.

Give me three hiphop song addresses, and I'll listen to them and tell you what I think about them.
    Or here mainly for the Social Lounge conversations?

The Religion and Race section would be my most used section.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    John, are you* the poster formerly known as* It'sOver:2012?

Nope. Since beginning in forums around 14 years ago [with a few years of non activity],

I'm a bit of proud of having always used my real name and a real pic of me.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Nope. Since beginning in forums around 14 years ago [with a few years of non activity],

I'm a bit of proud of having always used my real name and a real pic of me.

That's cool. You ever been a poster on the pravda forum?
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    John, in an earlier thread someone mentioned that you also post on the forum at Wu-Tang's website. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, I have to think it's more than coincidence that you're now at another hip-hop forum. You said you've never been acquainted with hip-hop, so why did you take interest in a hip hop forum when there are thousands of forums catering to just about any subject? This is a serious question. I post here in the Social Lounge, but I also post at on a forum that is primarily focused on politics. Even though we talk about politics here in the Social Lounge, the perspectives and discussions couldn't be more different between the two sites. I find political sections in hip hop forums to be lively and refreshing, though at times a bit taxing on my patience. What do you like about discussing social and religious matters on hip hop forums?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

Please tell me what hiphop means to you ?
    What would you say are the top three "messages" [for want of a better word] that hiphop artist seek to deliver ?
    How you think it affects America/American culture in general.

Give me three hiphop song addresses, and I'll listen to them and tell you what I think about them.

Decent questions, will get back to you on this one. Think anyone here could give their opinion on this, would be interesting.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    That's cool. You ever been a poster on the pravda forum?

I've been posting there regularly for several months.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    John, as per your request for hip hop songs to listen to, I have a couple for you. These are not necessarily my favorite hip hop songs, but rather songs that I would suggest to an old white guy because they showcase either musical elements, lyrical technique, or subject matter that someone unfamiliar with the genre may be surprised to find in hip hop music.

Here are two to start.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    shootemwon wrote: »
    John, in an earlier thread someone mentioned that you also post on the forum at Wu-Tang's website. I don't know if that's true or not, ......

Go see. You should be able to find my profile and click "see all post" or something like that.

I'm currently participating in several forums: Pravda, Politico, Armageddon, Freedom Portal, Let's Roll, JFK Assassinated, MY SPACE ...............
    but if it is, I have to think it's more than coincidence that you're now at another hip-hop forum.

I often follow links from news story to news story. Just surfin around,... no particular place to go,... I forget what story I was checking out that led to these two hiphop sites.

I also think it is "more than coincidence." Cause I don't believe in coincidence. I believe in Divine purpose.

A week ago, a Thailand friend [Pat] asked me about a box of books being stored in my home that my mom in USA had told Pat via Email she could have. In the course of digging that box of books out of storage, I came upon MAKES ME WANNA HOLLER by Nathan McCall,... [born 1955, now a black professor at Emory U.] which is his personal history and contains information pertinent to race relations in USA. Which ties in with the interest of a hiphop forum. Just coincidence ? Not IMO.
    You said you've never been acquainted with hip-hop, so why did you take interest in a hip hop forum
    when there are thousands of forums catering to just about any subject? This is a serious question.

People from all backgrounds are [or will at some point become] interested in ? /reality/religion.
    In that context,... we are all in this together.

Internet is a wonderful new global medium. Exchange of pure thought.
    Race, age, gender, looks, geographical location, nationality, financial status of the participants all irrelevant.
    Just pure thought exchange. And with search engine,...
    the world's knowledge [along with misinformation/propaganda] at one's fingertip.
    I post here in the Social Lounge, but I also post at on a forum that is primarily focused on politics. Even though we talk about politics here in the Social Lounge, the perspectives and discussions couldn't be more different between the two sites.
    I find political sections in hip hop forums to be lively and refreshing, though at times a bit taxing on my patience.

What do you like about discussing social and religious matters on hip hop forums?

I think it worthwhile to get acquainted with a variety of cultures/POVs.
    And internet forums are the most efficient way to do that that I know of.

Limiting ones communication exclusively to those who share your personal background/POV is kinda like inbreeding.

Not conducive to growth.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    One more question: What has it done for you to have your life as a open book?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    whats it like being a white man in thailand? do the locals treat u differently? do u feel there is a difference in IQ when discussing topics between here and other sites? is manny pacquiao huge over there, what do they think about prettyboyfloyd? u prefer thai women over white? how do u feel about black women? who'd u think killed jfk? do u think ? wasn't all that bad? are u muslim? are u ever coming back to the states? how many languages do u speak? were u lurking when iheartcali got exposed? i'll check later for your answers or to add new questions....
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    One more question: What has it done for you to have your life as a open book?

People who sell/service surveillance systems make a good living

because nearly everyone behaves better when they know [or even think maybe] they are under surveillance.

Especially if they know the watcher can reward good behavior and punish bad behavior.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    gns wrote: »
    whats it like being a white man in thailand?

Its like being a rich white man in USA. Or black either. Friendly, courteous generous men of any color are liked in Thailand.
    do the locals treat u differently?

Here in rural Thailand, foreigners are not commonly seen. Thais have never been mistreated by foreigners. Thailand was never colonized.

They don't feel threatened by foreigners. Give respect get respect. Give warmth courtesy, get same. "reap what you sow".

They see that a significant percent of foreign men establish long term relationships and end up supporting a family of Thais.

And even those that visit short time to get laid and drink ? and lay around by the swimming pool are spending money.

The Thais generally have a "live and let live"/"mind your own business" attitude toward sexual activity.

Now if large numbers of foreigners barged in and made them feel threatened, it would be a different story.

do u feel there is a difference in IQ when discussing topics between here and other sites?

No
    is manny pacquiao huge over there,

He's no doubt well known and respected in Thailand. But since he's Filopino, I wouldn't say he's "huge" in Thailand.
    what do they think about prettyboyfloyd?

Floyd Mayweather would be known to those Thais that follow American boxing,.... and I have no idea how many Thais follow USA boxing,...
    but Thails mostly follow their own KICKBOXING.
    u prefer thai women over white? how do u feel about black women?

I like women that like me.
    who'd u think killed jfk?

I think Vatican is the only entity that had both motive and means to both have JFK shot
    AND
    coordinate the ongoing deception and misinformation campaign regarding the shooting.

Motive was to keep American public from noticing that the war in SVN was to support a distinctly Roman Catholic ruling class.
    do u think ? wasn't all that bad?

I think ? was all that bad.
    are u muslim?

No.
    are u ever coming back to the states?

No plans to at this time.
    how many languages do u speak?

One [English] well. Another [Thai] I have the vocabulary of about a two year old. Maybe three year old.
    were u lurking when iheartcali got exposed?

Sorry. Not familiar with iheartcali.
    i'll check later for your answers or to add new questions....

Appreciate the interest. later, JP
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    appreciate the answers sir, btw, ¿cuantos anos?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited January 2011
    Outside of his JFK theory and religion John seems like a good dude.
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    appreciate the answers sir, btw, ¿cuantos anos?

I'm 62 ........
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Hey John is Thailand a great place to hide when running from the law?

Not particularly.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    john who is your favorite wrestler
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    John, as per your request for hip hop songs to listen to, I have a couple for you. These are not necessarily my favorite hip hop songs, but rather songs that I would suggest to an old white guy because they showcase either musical elements, lyrical technique, or subject matter that someone unfamiliar with the genre may be surprised to find in hip hop music. Here are two to start.

Thanks for the sample. I listened to both of them several times each. The "stream of consciousness" style made me think of early Bob Dylan. I did a little searching and found the lyrics.

Basically positive thoughts. "I see a black man aimin' his gun But I'd rather see a black man claimin' his son"

What's the difference in "rap" and "hiphop" ?
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    john who is your favorite wrestler

Don't have one.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Don't have one.

You lie. You know you ? Foleys number one fan
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Don't have one.

every red blooded american male has a favorite wrestler
  • John Prewett
    edited January 2011
    every red blooded american male has a favorite wrestler

worse than that,... I don't even have a favorite NFL football team !
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    thats even stranger than your conspiracy theory about JFK being the antichrist
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    So I now believe Mr. Prewett is in fact the anti-christ.