Keep it real how many of y'all think you are funny?

Options

Comments

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hahaha... no im not doin that
  • jellybean84
    jellybean84 Confirm Email Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    In real life? 10 Online? 7 or 8 maybe.
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    online I average around a 6 online. my brand of humor isnt funny to most, but I like to think I can turn it on when I want and instantly go a 9 at the flip of a switch, if I dont hold back, which I usually do. I dont bother typing most jokes that come to me. at one point it was because I was bandwagon, now im just not into it.
  • jellybean84
    jellybean84 Confirm Email Posts: 1,560
    edited January 2011
    Options
    good lawd! who/what is that in your avi

Changes AVI.
  • fresno1
    fresno1 Members Posts: 113
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My sarcasm is what carries me
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you look like alfre woodard in drag
    lmao@ that AVI!
    omfg that avi is hilarious
    Changes AVI.

? is real lol
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    10. Yall ? is too slow to see the genius in it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im underated & *cherish voice nh* feeling so underappreciated
  • straitup
    straitup Members Posts: 201
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shootem is the most smart person to ever post on the IC so he can be funny if he wants to.. he just doesnt want to << shootems post summarised for blaccs with low IQ.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    straitup wrote: »
    shootem is the most smart person to ever post on the IC so he can be funny if he wants to.. he just doesnt want to << shootems post summarised for blaccs with low IQ.

I'm not in a position to be funny anymore. Partially because the general quality of the threads/posters has declined overall so there's less opportunity, but mostly cause I don't know anything about most of these new people. I still have no idea what that es-bee guy's deal is and the only thing i know about kimi is that she got repeatedly e-massacred by offthatop.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think I'm pretty funny, but I think alot of my ? is lost on alot of people. I remember when I first came here everyone was like "oh will munny rookie of the year" and ? like that, but then I don't... I just stopped caring and started posting for my own pleasure. Still think I say some funny ? though.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    much funnier offline...

it's easier to impress people who don't sit in front of a computer all day long..
    so online:7
    offline:10
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SMH @ unfunny posters all claiming to be funny in real life. Yeah, sure, you got no jokes on the IC but in the real, all of you are Richard Pryor reincarnated. I bet you tell your real life associates how you're so hilarious on the internet.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i know when i'm killing and i know when i'm bombing

but i'm not "on" all the time and i wish i was
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    SMH @ unfunny posters all claiming to be funny in real life. Yeah, sure, you got no jokes on the IC but in the real, all of you are Richard Pryor reincarnated. I bet you tell your real life associates how you're so hilarious on the internet.

a lot of people use ? expressions or sarcasm as parts of their humor so thats a legitimate excuse
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Umm like a 4 maybe idk
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i know when i'm killing and i know when i'm bombing

but i'm not "on" all the time and i wish i was

I seen you switch it up and go into vicious debate mode in the Social Lounge before, but even then it still comes off in a snarky(nh) and comical tone.

I switch back and forth constantly cause I get too bored if I just talking ? or if I only write serious posts.
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    a lot of people use ? expressions or sarcasm as parts of their humor so thats a legitimate excuse

I'm not saying no one can be unfunny on the IC and funny in real life. I'm just saying that when everyone is claiming it, we know there are some liars in the crowd. I'd say about one in five people I know are truly funny.

Yeah, everyone thinks they're real funny in person if you know them well. Just cause you and your closest friends can ? each other up doesn't mean you're actually funny. It just means you know each other very well and know how to amuse each other.
  • BlackAX410
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm not saying no one can be unfunny on the IC and funny in real life. I'm just saying that when everyone is claiming it, we know there are some liars in the crowd. I'd say about one in five people I know are truly funny.

Yeah, everyone thinks they're real funny in person if you know them well. Just cause you and your closest friends can ? each other up doesn't mean you're actually funny. It just means you know each other very well and know how to amuse each other.

yea i see wat ur saying I said that because the music i make is basically comedic rap and amuses people and it doesn't translate as well when i'm on here
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i've noticed that musicians (and other artists, perhaps to lesser extents) are often quite convinced that they're funny

and they're not

and it's sad
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol @ "offline" and "online" funny....

If ur funny, ur funny. It'll translate through whatever medium you're communicating.

With that said, I'm a 7 at my peak :-/
  • BlackAX410
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i've noticed that musicians (and other artists, perhaps to lesser extents) are often quite convinced that they're funny

and they're not

and it's sad

well most people are amused with my music I'll let you judge for yourself
  • shootemwon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well most people are amused with my music I'll let you judge for yourself

This is actually a good example of something that's a lot funnier in person. Listening to this ain't makin me laugh, but I'd be amused if I was there in person when you were rappin.
  • BlackAX410
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is actually a good example of something that's a lot funnier in person. Listening to this ain't makin me laugh, but I'd be amused if I was there in person when you were rappin.

yea idk about everyone else but the ? applies to me