*SPOILER* Two Surprise Names Confirmed For Royal Rumble

Options
nightrhyder
nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
edited January 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Booker T and Kevin Nash are both booked for the Royal Rumble as surprises, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

As I noted yesterday, I suspected Booker was scheduled based on recent discussions with the company and based on Booker being pulled from his scheduled appearance at the New Orleans Comic Con. Company sources confirmed this morning he is in the Rumble.

WWE sources have also confirmed that Kevin Nash is booked for the Rumble and is scheduled to fly into Boston later today. Nash, who was in discussions with TNA as late as yesterday to finally finalize his deal to return to the company, will instead make his first appearance in a WWE ring in years.

TNA sources confirmed they ended their discussions with Nash within the last several days. The two sides had been going back and forth on signing a new deal in recent months and at one point, sources indicated that a new deal was done. That led to Nash accusing TNA's office of leaking the information, which led to new rounds of negotiations. Nash admitted in a recent interview he was negotiating with TNA. Those discussions ended sometime within the last 24-48 hours. Nash has been pulled off the TNA website's roster.

Source: http://pwinsider.com/article/54795/spoilers-on-two-big-names-set-for-the-royal-rumble-ppv.html?p=1

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cant wait to see kevin nash break his kneecap off just entering the ring again
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wait What! SMDH
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Kevin Nash and Booker T coming back to WWE?

Surprising...
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This morally kills TNA. I bet they had hopes on getting them both back for the Main Event Mafia. The WWE some slick kats. They have no reason and purpose to sign both Booker and Nash.

It's not like TNA was going to do numbers with both those guys back in the company, but for storyline purposes, this just ? everything up for TNA.

This move pushes TNA's creative/monkey staff to come up with another "bright" idea as to why Steiner returned and Angle seemed 'happy' that he did.

Still not guarantee that Sting will sign with WWE just to get inducted into their HOF. Sting doesn't like WWE practices, but at this point, just do it and get it over with.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    This morally kills TNA. I bet they had hopes on getting them both back for the Main Event Mafia. The WWE some slick kats. They have no reason and purpose to sign both Booker and Nash.

It's not like TNA was going to do numbers with both those guys back in the company, but for storyline purposes, this just ? everything up for TNA.

This move pushes TNA's creative/monkey staff to come up with another "bright" idea as to why Steiner returned and Angle seemed 'happy' that he did.

Still not guarantee that Sting will sign with WWE just to get inducted into their HOF. Sting doesn't like WWE practices, but at this point, just do it and get it over with.

Sting is probably the only popular wrestler in the industry that NEVER signed to WWE.
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sting is probably the only popular wrestler in the industry that NEVER signed to WWE.

He doesn't like WWE after what they did to Booker T.

Someone posted a clip of an interview where Sting said after all the work Booker put into getting to where he was at, it took The Rock to ask, "who in the blue hell are you?" to ? everything he accomplished. Sting didn't take that too kindly and vowed to never sign with them as an active talent.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    diesel without shawn in wwe isnt the same
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He doesn't like WWE after what they did to Booker T.

Someone posted a clip of an interview where Sting said after all the work Booker put into getting to where he was at, it took The Rock to ask, "who in the blue hell are you?" to ? everything he accomplished. Sting didn't take that too kindly and vowed to never sign with them as an active talent.

I remember. Yet Booker T coming back..he probably gonna win the ? .
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I remember. Yet Booker T coming back..he probably gonna win the ? .

Nah I doubt it. I think they need them for star power and a few recognizable names to get a buzz going. Booker probably going to last a while, but get tossed.

I swear this move is to simply ? on TNA and their planned storylines.

The WWE really don't want or need Booker and Nash because the company is in the middle of a youth movement and bringing in two over 40 wrestlers doesn't nothing for them. If they stay long, they'll just be stuck in mid level feuds and jobbed out at a higher payoff. Nash will most likely brought in to be someone's mouthpiece or bodyguard.
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Its Goin Be Good.....................Needs Goldberg
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited January 2011
    Options

Definitely true. Booker still has some gas left in the Tank but WWE is clearly moving to crush the competition. Nash was a headliner in TNA.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nash broke his leg while talking on the phone with vince
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nash broke his leg taking a ?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    they should bring back razor ramon as well
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nash broke his leg while breaking his other leg
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

? you are so lame. if TNA brought these guys back in you'd say that its a bad look cause they're too old. now i know not to take any of your posts seriously, because you are clearly biased.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Booker T is so talented.... its a fuccin shame
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nash broke his leg while breaking his other leg

plat quote...
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    ? you are so lame. if TNA brought these guys back in you'd say that its a bad look cause they're too old. now i know not to take any of your posts seriously, because you are clearly biased.

then you got me ALLLL ? up because I didn't even write that with the intentions of saying that they are too old for TNA and I never said they were too old when they were there, so don't say what I would say when I would never say it. And I don't speak on bias but only on what I've see and read. I route for TNA to improve, but that's not going to happen until they get a head writer (Heyman) or a team of writers that know what they're doing.

i wrote it with the intentions of saying that with all the names that TNA has and had on their roster, they still can't draw above a 1.4 in the ratings.

With the mix of older and young talent, top to bottom, their roster is better/deeper than the WWE. But as I said, the creative/monkey writing team have to come up with something creative to make the roster interesting. It's like having a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG with no engine and tires; what the ? are you going to do with it?

i don't give a ? about age, as long as you can still entertain and go in the ring. if you can't go in the ring, then I'm sure there are other things that they can do to help the product. Booker wanted a main event spot during his last run in TNA and they didn't give it to him, so he turned his nose up to the locker room and management and decided not to re-sign and left. Nash, for the life of me, I don't know his purpose; it's truly never been defined.

So regardless of age and who's on the roster, if the creative team can't come up with interesting storylines, then having Booker and Nash back won't do ? for TNA business.

Look at who they've signed over the past 4-5 years and look at the numbers they've drawn. No one, not even Sting, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Jeff Hardy have helped to increase the ratings. Why is that?

But back on subject, the WWE simply hired these two back to throw a monkey wrench in TNA's plans to bring back the Main Event Mafia. They won't have any long term plans for them, as the WWE is in a youth movement. That's the only reason, next to filling available Rumble spots, for bringing them in.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    iiight maybe i misunderstood some of your posts, idk, most of the time you posting it seems like its something negative about TNA. personally i enjoy it right now, of course its not at its full potential but its entertaining me nonetheless.

apparently Booker might be staying for awhile.

although i love Nash and i like Booker, id be more happy if Sting returned, and Steiner already is back and hes more important to me than Nash and Booker combined. maybe this will give them a chance to put a few other younger guys in the roles Nash and Booker could have filled.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wanted to see the Main Even Mafia storyline against Immortal, lets see what TNA go come up with now to explain why Steiner came back
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wanted to see the Main Even Mafia storyline against Immortal, lets see what TNA go come up with now to explain why Steiner came back

that's what I was saying. TNA now has to come up with something creative as to why Steiner came back.

The WWE is dictating the MEM storyline by signing two of their members away.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The only thing TNA can do now is have Angle, Steiner, Matt Morgan and Amazing Red brother form a group
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They need to stop dickin' around with Matt Morgan's character. Dude can be the future of the biz if they push him correctly. He's not a big stiff, he's agile, and he's got youth on his side. He can talk on the stick and he's well trained, so I don't understand why he's always put into groups, constant heel/face turns, no direction for the kid.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Somebody post a link to watch the Rumble for free, I dont feel like leaving the house & go to Buffalo Wild Wings just to see it

where ya at Cham