Something to make the NBA allstar game a lil more interesting...

Options
KplusK
KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
imagine if they let the fans still vote but only for the team captains of each coast team. Then the team captian get to pick players he wants on the team..just like school yard or in the park ball that ? would be funny. I would Pick Durant on the west and Rose on the east as a captain on both respective teams.

Comments

• shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lol nah bruh.. dudes will definitely pik their teammates.. nd if u don't pick ur teammates the team chemistry gonna b a lil sour
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    somebody been watchin some hockey huh
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    even better.

They vote for the team captain, then they vote for the players that are eligible to be picked.

captain picks his starting five and coaches pick the reserve.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Word.......
    even better.

They vote for the team captain, then they vote for the players that are eligible to be picked.

captain picks his starting five and coaches pick the reserve.

Boom^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wouldn't even care if players from the East and West were mixed up in this game. It's an exhibition...it doesn't have any real implications like Baseball's All Star Game.
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited January 2011
    Options

i was thinking the samething
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if they want to improve allstar weekend, they should add a future stars game, or an almost all star game.
    except make this game either non coastal or chosen by 2 coaches.

more all star checks, and mosre names marketed for those small market teams that don't get tv time.
  • 1of1
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    if they want to improve allstar weekend, they should add a future stars game, or an almost all star game.
    except make this game either non coastal or chosen by 2 coaches.

more all star checks, and mosre names marketed for those small market teams that don't get tv time.

They already do Rookies vs. Sophomores. Why would you add a another game for those players not good enough to make the actual All Star Team?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That makes no damn sense, you would essentially destroy the all star voting process. Plus you have to figure players would have biases (for their teammates) or against other players, it would be stupid to put that much power in a persons hand.
  • Straight Cash Homie
    Straight Cash Homie Members Posts: 66
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The NHL just did this. The draft they had on TSN sucked ? though. The concept is a great one. Pick two captains, have the fans pick who the All Stars are, have the captains draft their teams and then basically play a pickup game. The NHL has been getting a lot of love for this (though in Canada, the NHL gets love when someone in the league farts) and I could see the NBA doing something like this in the future. Brendan Shanahan deserves a lot of credit for coming up with this idea for the NHL.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol t/s said this ? like he came up with it
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

the sad ? is i thought i did..lol i dont watch hockey at all and didnt hear bout that ? real talk
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    the sad ? is i thought i did..lol i dont watch hockey at all and didnt hear bout that ? real talk

word? theyve been talking about that ? on espn for months
  • 1of1
    edited January 2011
    Options
    All Star Weekend needs a boost though. It's been wack lately IMO.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there is nothing they can do to save the dunk contest, it horrible every year
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

lol, he ain't expect anybody to know anything bout what hockey doin. now he tellin ducktales about how he ain't know that lol