Soul Khan - Soul Like Khan (2010) Free Debut Album from Battle Rapper

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Essence
There's already been a thread about him on the I.C. Showing off his skills as a battle emcee as well as the creative video that he dropped for Fahrenheit. Turns out he's released his debut album for free over at his blogspot. It's received an 8.5 out of 10 over at rapreviews and is largely produced by J57, which means a soulful soundscape is produced for the battle emcee.

Haven't taken a listen to this yet, but it is going to be in rotation soon.

Here's the video for his lead track to the album:

Thoughts? Anyone checked it yet?

Comments

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Will checkout soon, BIG SHOUTOUT TO J57
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    link is dead on this inhis blog tryin to find another DL link rightnow.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Soul Khan is one of the craziest battlers ive ever seen. His Battle with QP was CLASSIC
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Soul Khan is one of the craziest battlers ive ever seen. His Battle with QP was CLASSIC

Sounds like he's created a great free album as well though, it's good to see a battle rapper who can cross over like he can/is doing.

QP was a great battle and was posted in the other thread that's linked at the top :tu
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    yea DL'd this the onther day and this ? is off the chain. ? doppe album from start to finish.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    I wanna see him battle solomon.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    I thought that too when Solomon battled The Saurus but it ended up being a weak battle in my opinion. Not a whole lot of punchlines were thrown. or atleast good ones compared to what they normally do.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    I actually preferred The Saurus to illmac on that battle. Illmaculate did better than the rest of the other battles ive seen him in, but i think it was because the both of them had so many personals on the other. the line with The Saurus saying "hold on craig, let me unstrap you from your car seat" had me rollin. But Soul Khan and Solomon are by far my favorite battlers. i wish Iron would get back into the ring, i think E. Ness was too easy for him. Anxious to see what Khan does to Fox also after seeing him Smash QP and throw disses at the whole crew. The Saurus vs. Mac Lethal should be a good one too. Whatta you think of NoCanDo? i think he made a pretty solid release.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that was a good ass battle there. wish it wasnt a promo. Dirt Bag Dan is always winning somehow. ive seen a couple battles where he got torn apart but still ends up winning. i dont think hes that good at all.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    Nocando has a album out now too called Jimmy The Lock. its not classic by any means but a good album from a mainly battle rapper.
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    I actually preferred The Saurus to illmac on that battle. Illmaculate did better than the rest of the other battles ive seen him in, but i think it was because the both of them had so many personals on the other. the line with The Saurus saying "hold on craig, let me unstrap you from your car seat" had me rollin. But Soul Khan and Solomon are by far my favorite battlers. i wish Iron would get back into the ring, i think E. Ness was too easy for him. Anxious to see what Khan does to Fox also after seeing him Smash QP and throw disses at the whole crew. The Saurus vs. Mac Lethal should be a good one too. Whatta you think of NoCanDo? i think he made a pretty solid release.

Where do you watch all these battles? I used to check for them on Smack DVD was it? Back in 2004, but I haven't checked for battle rappers since, tbh, I prefer listening to albums. But it's a big part of hip hop and I do like watching from time to time...
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    www.grindtimenow.com

^thats the american league there is a Canadian battle league that works with grindtime alot called King of the Dot. if you youtube either one loads of battles will show. Grind Time is gettin pretty big now. Pumpkinhead and Poison Pen from New York are the judges/hosts in the new york area. sometimes they even battle too.
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    www.grindtimenow.com

^thats the american league there is a Canadian battle league that works with grindtime alot called King of the Dot. if you youtube either one loads of battles will show. Grind Time is gettin pretty big now. Pumpkinhead and Poison Pen from New York are the judges/hosts in the new york area. sometimes they even battle too.

That's awesome, Pumpkinhead, glad he's doing something with himself. I'll check them out, props :tu
  • pingpong
    pingpong Members Posts: 14
    edited February 2011
    Arggg! The file got removed by Mediafire. Was looking forward to this too. Soul Khan has some beastly battle verses.
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    pingpong wrote: »
    Arggg! The file got removed by Mediafire. Was looking forward to this too. Soul Khan has some beastly battle verses.

The album's supposed to be free, maybe he changed his mind... strange though.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited February 2011
    I saw on soul khans facebook he commented on a post he made with a new link when i get home later i will try and find it for yall