Could Any DC,Marvel,Capcom, ETC. Character beat a Super Saiyan?

Options
P. Town
P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Quite Comical
Superman_VS_Goku_by_mikemaluk.jpg

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yall remember those discussions at lunch time? ? got heated...

Isn't Supes invincible without kryptonite? If he just went off, couldn't he murk goku then?
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure some of the top-tier guys in Marvel and DC (Superman, Thor, Silver Surfer, etc.) could take down a Super Saiyan.

The biggest thing that you have to worry about with them is their energy projection capabilities. These guys casually toss around blasts capable of destroying a planet.

Their physical strength has never seemed all that impressive to me, but these guys all have ridiculous damage soak. However, none of them are actually invulnerable, and they can't do things like surviving in space unaided.

So, I'm sure if Superman got ahold of Goku and flew him into space before he could teleport, the fight would be over pretty quick.
  • P. Town
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What about a Match-Up like Broly and Hulk?

Seems like an easy decision to me. I don't think Hulk would last 30 seconds
  • not this again!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    What about a Match-Up like Broly and Hulk?

Seems like an easy decision to me. I don't think Hulk would last 30 seconds

Hulk is too much of a one trick pony to go up against anyone from the Dragon Ball universe. Especially someone like Broly.
  • P. Town
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hulk is too much of a one trick pony to go up against anyone from the Dragon Ball universe. Especially someone like Broly.

What about guys like Cell, Frieza, Vegeta, Piccalo. How would they stand against a Marvel, DC, Capcom ETC. character?
  • not this again!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    What about guys like Cell, Frieza, Vegeta, Piccalo. How would they stand against a Marvel, DC, Capcom ETC. character?

You gotta put them up against people who are as versatile as they are. Only straight up brick (i.e.: No flight, super-speed, or energy powers) I see surviving a fight with those guys would be the Juggernaut, since his powers are magic based, and even those guys wouldn't be able to hurt him.

I think guys like Thor, Supes, Captain Marvel, Sentry, and some others could take on those guys. But again, their energy manipulation abilities would be a big problem. Piccolo and Cell being able to regenerate would be problematic, too. Cell, especially, since, like a Saiyan, he'd only get stronger after recovering from serious injuries.

These guys you coudn't fight just to win the fight. You'd have to be out to ? them in order to beat them.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    smh this is so silly

Nobody in the Dragonball universe is as powerful as beings like Superman, Thor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Hulk, Sentry, Surfer

they are not even in the same strength class

I'm pretty sure someone like Goku can barely lift 40 tons..... ? like Superman can lift anything he can put his mind to... even Superboy has lifted up to 500 Tons

DC and Marvel top tier characters are ? who could walk on the surface of the Sun... Goku ain't fuccin wit that
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It depends on who and what class your talking about super hero (non-mutant) then yeah it's even but magical,mutant and or cosmic then every body in the DB,DBZ,GT universe is dead cause I will give a match-up SS3 Goku Vs The Living Tribunal or the spectre you know who's takin that one. Another one SS4 Gojeta vs professor X ( 1990's version) you know whos winning that by a landslide and I dare someone to dispute that cause Charles is winning that one.
  • P. Town
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I mean, I'm no expert. I'm just taking in all the knowledge ya'll have on this stuff
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Goku gets his ass whooped by Chi-Chi on the regular
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wanna beat goku.....find a syringe..he hates needles...problem solved
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    charles would get bombarded by kamehaha's and spirit bombs and die
    he da worst xmen
    Then would ? them both by taking them to the astral plane and killing them both there and taking one of their bodies and killing the rest hence why I said 1990 version. Do some research for you say something bout this ? right here
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no they can't unless you're getting to guys like skyfathers and right below, like Thanos. Superman, Thor and Surfer have better chances facing the kids, gotenks and trunks. Maybe and just maybe they'd have a shot at SSJ1 Goku, but that's only if Goku is in the mood to play around with them. Strength comparisons are meaningless because the SSJ's can amp their strength with each upgrade. They're not walking around using all of their power even after powering up.
  • BASED Zod
    BASED Zod Members Posts: 68
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I can't co-sign the son of Jor-El
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    but goku IS superman
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Someone like Galatucus or Death or the Sandmen can probably take out A SS but anyone else...na
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dr manhattan
    mr.mxyptlk
    pheonix
    maybe doomsday and some other superpowered or ? like characters
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Something else i forgot to add thats probably important. Goku can do an instant ? they'll work if you aint Cell.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    People like Juggernaut(invulnerable to ALL physical damage), Hulk(destroys planets with one punch and gets even stronger), Silver Surfer(manipulates molecules, has time control, cosmic power, absorbs energy, can create blackholes, and can survive a supernova explosion easily).

Also Flash(outran death, run through time, can use speed and momentum to hit super strong, can also vibrate through anything), Darkseid(nough said), and Thanos(stronger Darkseid).

It's not even close.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wait, *a* Super Saiyan?

including them little kids that went SS on some straight ? ? lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    depends on where at in the dbz saga....by the end of the cell saga...them ? was just too strong...
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    People like Juggernaut(invulnerable to ALL physical damage), Hulk(destroys planets with one punch and gets even stronger), Silver Surfer(manipulates molecules, has time control, cosmic power, absorbs energy, can create blackholes, and can survive a supernova explosion easily).

Also Flash(outran death, run through time, can use speed and momentum to hit super strong, can also vibrate through anything), Darkseid(nough said), and Thanos(stronger Darkseid).

It's not even close.
    you're right, DBZ is greater than. those guys stand a chance early in Goku's career, but not the latter. The DBZ universe is just more powerful than your standard Marvel/DC universe
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    you're right, DBZ is greater than. those guys stand a chance early in Goku's career, but not the latter. The DBZ universe is just more powerful than your standard Marvel/DC universe

Did you not read, Juggernaut is immortal and invulnerable to physical damage. Hulk destroyed a planet wit a punch, Silver Surfer has TIME CONTROL, and can absorb Goku's energy, CREATE BLACK HOLES. Flash OUTRAN DEATH. Goku can't ? with any of them.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    super saiyans for $500 alex
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Franklin Richards
    X-Man
    Jim Jaspers
    Mr.Mzxplix
    Sandman
    Odin
    Thor
    Darkseid
    Thanos
    Infinity
    Galactus
    Anti-Monitor
    Guardians
    Watchers
    Heralds Of Galactus
    Lucifer Morningstar
    Man of Miracles
    The Many Angled Ones
    The Beyonder
    Imperiex
    ? Spawn
    TOAA
    The Galactus Engine
    Onslaught
    Nekron
    Dormmamu
    Death
    The Phoenix
    Celestials
    Living Tribunal
    The Presence
    Spectre
    >>>>Pretty Much Anybody(Fused, Dragons SS4 All Them ? ) In The DBZ/DBGT Universe