Ravens QB Flacco: "Jim Zorn firing is an attack on me"

Options
northside7
northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is angry over the team's decision to fire quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn.

"I'm not happy about it, and they know I'm not happy about it," Flacco said.

Zorn was dismissed on Thursday after one season with Baltimore. Flacco said he considers the move to be a personal attack on his own performance this season.

Speaking Saturday before jumping into the icy Chesapeake Bay for the annual Polar Bear Plunge, Flacco said, "Usually when you fire a position coach, it's because you're not really happy with how that position did.

"And when I look back on my season and our season as a team, I mean, we won 13 games. I felt like I had a pretty good year and you're firing the quarterback coach? It's kind of an attack on me, I feel like," Flacco said.

Upon firing Zorn, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he wanted to expand the role of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. Flacco understands this, but says he would have preferred that Zorn had been a part of it.

"I don't think it was a good decision. I'm disappointed, and they know I'm disappointed," Flacco said.

I guess they weren't happy with his performance vs. the steelers which they attributed to the coaching...

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naw lil ? , your defense won 13 games, you are just along for the ride. You job is to pull a Roethlesberger and you can't even do that, you stay looking shook whenever the game is on your shoulder. You might fit the prototype of a QB height wise and throwing motion wise, but you fragilly dude.

Big for nothing mf, ole Scott Mitchell mf!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn JZ went from head coach to qb coach to jobless in a year. They need to stop giving this dude a job.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Naw lil ? , your defense won 13 games, you are just along for the ride.

Thats been every raven QB for the last 12 years.

But in Flaccos defense, those "high profile" WR's they signed had alot of key drops.

Of all the receivers they have, Derrick mason is the only WR that you can really trust.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Thats been every raven QB for the last 12 years.

But in Flaccos defense, those "high profile" WR's they signed had alot of key drops.

Of all the receivers they have, Derrick mason is the only WR that you can really trust.

Yes the WR ? up, but he was also at fault, dude always look shook. I know what a shook QB is, we have one in Dallas.
  • northside7
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Damn JZ went from head coach to qb coach to jobless in a year. They need to stop giving this dude a job.

They wont.....
  • northside7
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yes the WR ? up, but he was also at fault, dude always look shook. I know what a shook QB is, we have one in Dallas.

That steelers defense had him shook.....
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It should be an attack on him... That offense gave away that playoff game.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naw lil ? , your defense won 13 games, you are just along for the ride. You job is to pull a Roethlesberger and you can't even do that, you stay looking shook whenever the game is on your shoulder. You might fit the prototype of a QB height wise and throwing motion wise, but you fragilly dude.

Big for nothing mf, ole Scott Mitchell mf!!!!!!!!!!!

3622 yards, 25TDs only 10 INTs, 93.6 QB Rating......but the defense won them all the games, word.
  • Dee112
    Dee112 Members Posts: 294
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It should be an attack on him... That offense gave away that playoff game.

so the offense gave away the 3rd&19 the steelers converted ???
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    3622 yards, 25TDs only 10 INTs, 93.6 QB Rating......but the defense won them all the games, word.

Don't hit me with that stats ? dude, Romo put up stats too but it's the plays that counts (crunch time) where i judge a player.
  • CoolJoe
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't hit me with that stats ? dude, Romo put up stats too but it's the plays that counts (crunch time) where i judge a player.

You're trying to pass him off as some average QB when that's clearly not the case.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You're trying to pass him off as some average QB when that's clearly not the case.

He is average, i don't consider BenRoethlisberger as great and Flacco is nowhere near big Ben so what does that tell you.
  • CoolJoe
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He is average, i don't consider BenRoethlisberger as great and Flacco is nowhere near big Ben so what does that tell you.

Average QBs don't put up those type of numbers, and he had a great playoff game against the chiefs....
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Average QBs don't put up those type of numbers, and he had a great playoff game against the chiefs....

? , Cassell put up those same numbers, Manning put up those numbers (Eli), Fitzpatrick put up those numbers,etc. You telling me they are elite??????????
  • CoolJoe
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? , Cassell put up those same numbers, Manning put up those numbers (Eli), Fitzpatrick put up those numbers,etc. You telling me they are elite??????????

Word because if you're not elite, you're average.
    Good to know.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Romo is average... Ben is above... he always was
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Word because if you're not elite, you're average.
    Good to know.

Manning, Brees, Brady are elite

Rhoetlisberger, Rodgers, and Rivers are very good

Flacco is mediocre
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? it IS an attack on you

stop looking like a ? in key moments

you have boldin, mason, heap AND ray rice around ou at all time, you have no choice but to put up great numbers

nobody feels comfortable when you have the rock, nobody.......
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    TJ Houshmanzadeh lost them that game. Not Flacco.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »

Naw not really, that drop catch still wouldn't have been a score and neither would that Bolden touch down drop.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »

Naw not really, that drop catch still wouldn't have been a score and neither would that Bolden touch down drop.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its easy to blame flacco, but that receiving core was suspect the whole season
    and if you actually watched any of the ravens games you know that defense isnt the same, there vulnerable against the run and gave up alot of big plays in the clutch
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

U mean Romo dude is always crackin jokes and has 1 of the best QB ratings in the 4th qtr U shouldve heard Miles and Witten on Collin Cowherd show His team loves him and Cowherd was talkin about how they all believe there nobodies without Romo, Witten kept calling him elite. I live in Dallas and Ive talked to some of the players trust me they RESPECT Romo he runs that ? . From what Im told this dude Romo is a football nutcase. When Garrett became HC Romo was calling alot of plays.

Flacco cant even read a Defense.. He stares down his receivers.

Flacco cant
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't really like Flacco and agreed he looked shook. But the defense gave up a lucky 3rd and 19 yard play. And Boldin dropped that TD pass, and Hous dropped a first down which would of extended the game winning drive or whatever the circumstance was.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »

lmao....they say he could go to Cleveland to get back under Holmgren's ? ...