13»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    emmitt_smith.jpg

I think that Mr. Smith would like to have a word with you.

Hahaha you ? .
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    All that ? got thrown at the window the moment Vick posted a MVP like season...

You know what I'm talkin about. You playing Devil's advocate lol...

Philadelphia was America's most talked about team....Superbowl favorites all because of #7. They could've gave him a deal for completely eradicating all expectations for 2010 but, its all good. Watch me be right next year too when a team like Baltimore or Chicago throws the book at him.

No I'm actually not playing advocate, real ? if they didn't give him the opportunity to show out he wouldn't be where he's at now. Even Vick will tell you that. The way you talking is like Vick can do no wrong in your eyes or some ? . Keep it trill ? Philly has been loyal to vick. The fact that we gave him a chance when nobody was trynna touch him should be proof enough of that fact
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If I was the Eagles I wouldn't trade Kolb yet. And ? giving Vick a big deal after one year. He crippled one franchise already and after on egood year you want to make him your face of the franchise? I would wait one more good year and NO off the field ? before I give him a long term deal.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    He want's that guaranteed money, that franchise tag ain't guaranteed cash.

Actually it is
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    just like yall were gonna win it this year? focus on getting 8 wins before you get your hopes up...gotta crawl before you can walk lol

I bet Vick is garbage next year dude still cant read a Defense... If u read the article they have no plans on giving Vick a contract the guy cant even read Defenses and doesnt know when the cb blitz is coming. Andy Reid knows Vick has some holes in his game there is a reason the Eagles r making sure they dont give him a dumb contract.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I bet Vick is garbage next year dude still cant read a Defense... If u read the article they have no plans on giving Vick a contract the guy cant even read Defenses and doesnt know when the cb blitz is coming. Andy Reid knows Vick has some holes in his game there is a reason the Eagles r making sure they dont give him a dumb contract.

Getting sacked 6 times a game tends to mess up your head a bit...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Getting sacked 6 times a game tends to mess up your head a bit...

Why was he getting sacked 6 times a game? A combo of O-line and his own flaws
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Why was he getting sacked 6 times a game? A combo of O-line and his own flaws

His O-line had more holes than a Zimbabwe condom
  • Dopefiend
    Dopefiend Members Posts: 86
    edited January 2011
    Options
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073930

i thought kolb was getting more than 1.4 mil next year. i think they should hold on to kolb, but if theyre gonna trade them at least get a decent backup in the deal because after kolb aint ? but mike kafka left

Yeah that's what Im sayin. We dont have any pressing needs that we HAVE to deal Kolb for nd Vick and QBs like Vick do get hurt a lot. No way he plays all 16 regular season games, and wit Kafka, everyone he doesn't is a loss. IDGAF whos on the schedule. Keep em both.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dopefiend wrote: »
    Yeah that's what Im sayin. We dont have any pressing needs that we HAVE to deal Kolb for nd Vick and QBs like Vick do get hurt a lot. No way he plays all 16 regular season games, and wit Kafka, everyone he doesn't is a loss. IDGAF whos on the schedule. Keep em both.

If you can land a top 10 pick, you could try and land Prince A or Peterson from LSU. You can never have too many playmakers.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    saw this coming and i also think they'll keep both QB's goin into the season(with intentions to deal Kolb at some point)....Vick shouldn't get a long term deal based off of one good season...it was unexpected but it isn't worth the long term deal espeically since the Eagles really didn't win ? ....i mean if they got to the NFC chip or the SB than yeah i'd say lock him up but givin that this is a copycat league and teams have a blueprint on how to "contain him" i doubt Vick has the same success he had this year

plus this tag keeps him hungry for another year...last time he got big money too soon, he blew it like most big names that get paid
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    saw this coming and i also think they'll keep both QB's goin into the season(with intentions to deal Kolb at some point)....Vick shouldn't get a long term deal based off of one good season...it was unexpected but it isn't worth the long term deal espeically since the Eagles really didn't win ? ....i mean if they got to the NFC chip or the SB than yeah i'd say lock him up but givin that this is a copycat league and teams have a blueprint on how to "contain him" i doubt Vick has the same success he had this year

plus this tag keeps him hungry for another year...last time he got big money too soon, he blew it like most big names that get paid

You know this is so on point, he's a veteran QB that can extend plays with his legs but it is a matter of time before the defense finds out the scheme!
    Same with Chris Johnson's 2000 yards, same as the wildcat offense, even the same as Earnest Graham taking Cadillac Williams place after his IR to run for like over 1000.
    The Defense will look and adjust to that player/scheme. So when it comes to Vick, I'd keep playing him, he gives the Eagles the best chance of winning! And with that
    they should concentrate on that O line and keeping the Defense away from the QB, so he shouldn't have to go out of the pocket!
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    You know this is so on point, he's a veteran QB that can extend plays with his legs but it is a matter of time before the defense finds out the scheme!
    Same with Chris Johnson's 2000 yards, same as the wildcat offense, even the same as Earnest Graham taking Cadillac Williams place after his IR to run for like over 1000.
    The Defense will look and adjust to that player/scheme. So when it comes to Vick, I'd keep playing him, he gives the Eagles the best chance of winning! And with that
    they should concentrate on that O line and keeping the Defense away from the QB, so he shouldn't have to go out of the pocket!

yeah if he's "gotten better at stayin in the pocket and readin defenses" like they say he did this year...next year will prove it
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yeah if he's "gotten better at stayin in the pocket and readin defenses" like they say he did this year...next year will prove it

? ....are you really questioning Vick's development after this year. You def. aint watch them games....sounding like a typical ESPN analyst.
  • Maalik
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Vick had one bad game (vs. MN) all season...the ? could read Blitzes just fine. Cornerbacks were blitzing Vick as early as week 11 against New York. Antrel Rolle was spying him all game. Chicago did the same thing next week. If he was that bothered by the CB blitzing & defensive schemes, he wouldn't have continued to have a great year.

By Week 16, ? was tired of getting smacked every game.

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelvick/gamelogs?id=VIC311467
    (Look at that ? Gamelog & get back to me...? played great all year)
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    either your memory sucks or you didnt read lol i told you my subscription expired ? . i just started work so i get paid the end of the week. when i get my money, you will have your rematch.

lmao na you never said that, so if you think you responded to my PM and told me this, you didnt.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lmao na you never said that, so if you think you responded to my PM and told me this, you didnt.
    ok so its memory because i definitely told you that in a thread lol
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ok so its memory because i definitely told you that in a thread lol

rofl word?

ight, so maybe it is the memory
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

The talent will always be there and he's been showing improvement from a QB perspective, but best to believe he will be working even harder!