Taking Pictures @ Funerals???

Options
bull6599
bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
What kinda ? is that? Has anybody ever done this or been to a funeral where it was done? I was just on FB & 1 of my friends (that I actually know BTW) was tagged in photos from an album that were taken @ a funeral. I find it in poor taste personally, but some of u may feel differently.

Oh yeah dead ? on the internet lost...they just dont know it

Comments

• Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its some new ? apparently, its the tackiest behavior to ever develop ever. pictures are meant for moments you wanna remember a death not being one of them...blame facebook
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    What kinda ? is that? Has anybody ever done this or been to a funeral where it was done? I was just on FB & 1 of my friends (that I actually know BTW) was tagged in photos from an album that were taken @ a funeral. I find it in poor taste personally, but some of u may feel differently.

Oh yeah dead ? on the internet lost...they just dont know it

I never understood this.

Why would you want to have a picture of someone lying stone cold dead in a casket? Tacky behavior to the fullest.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hell yea that ? freaked me out the first time I saw it I thought it was classless
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    say mayne.. that ? has been goin on before we even knew what an internet was..

i hate that ? .. my great grandmother has a collection of them..
    i love when i go to her house cause i can see all the photo albums of all my elders young and growin up..
    she took pics of everything and everyone commin up.. but it always ? me up when i turn to that page..

its been awhile since iv seen the pics and death doesnt disturb me like it once did so it probably wouldnt even phase me today.. but i never understood the logic behind it.. guess even in someone's death.. its still a memory and a moment to capture in time..

we take pics of babies first bein born.. why not when they die?? its suppose to be a celebration of life anyway..
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That ? really ain't cool to me.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i get disturbed as ? wen i see a dead ? in somebodys pics on fb...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • black o 2.0
    black o 2.0 Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    generally i find it distasteful and disrespectful taking pics of the body but when my nana passed last year march i took a pic of the casket at the burial site i didnt want to see her dead in that box. but ppl doing photo shoots with the bodies
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Pictures at funerals are nothing new...basically a Black thing...and it's not cool and distasteful.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    its some new ? apparently, its the tackiest behavior to ever develop ever. pictures are meant for moments you wanna remember a death not being one of them...blame facebook
    killap wrote: »
    Hell yea that ? freaked me out the first time I saw it I thought it was classless
    That ? really ain't cool to me.
    Ghetto ?
    where the pics@? so i can roast that ? ...this could get intresting

• ar1134
    ar1134 Members Posts: 328
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nobody remembers anything these days because they're all looking through a camera..... good thing they will have pics.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

never seen this
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    marin-funeral-home-motorcycle.jpg

? like this is crazy tho lmao
  • CharmCityCapt
    CharmCityCapt Members Posts: 68
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I caught up with an old neighbor from teenage years recently. homegirl told me that her grmom had passed away within these last two weeks, then showed me pics from her grmoms open casket.....i wasnt expecting those type of pics when she pulled out her phone. I offered my condolences because i always liked GRANNY and her fam, but the pics were not whatsup.
  • CharmCityCapt
    CharmCityCapt Members Posts: 68
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i'd rather see the pics of someone during their youth or at any other point that they're alive instead of their corpse pic. IJS
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah I saw it before FB even existed. My Jr. year of HS (03-04) we had a guy pass away in a drowning accident. They had the funeral in the school gym b/c it was really the only place big enough. Niggasgot their early to take pics. Putting them on FB is like insult to injury, icing on the cake, or whatever u wanna call it.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i remember my cousin was gonna move into this crib on my block and he hit me up to help him remove what the chick who lived there left there so we throwing ? out and in a closet there's a drawer so we open it a ? rolls out so im rollin but theres a folder under that joint so i pick up the folder and when i look broad had blown up pics of ? and i guess here grandfolks i closed that ? threw it back in ? had me ? up like all them pic and a ? in the same draw crazy aint know what to think
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    marin-funeral-home-motorcycle.jpg

? like this is crazy tho lmao

What the flyin' ? !??

That just takes being ghetto to new depths.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ghetto ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What the flyin' ? !??

That just takes being ghetto to new depths.

? in PR aint playing out there lmao
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that pic is....disturbing

i saw some pics of a few dead dudes in a rolls royce sitting up. i guess they were supposed to be driving to heaven or something

it creeps me the hell out
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    does not approve of this behavior post
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that pic is....disturbing

i saw some pics of a few dead dudes in a rolls royce sitting up. I guess they were supposed to be driving to heaven or something

it creeps me the hell out

? made me roll out laughin
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i went to my grandma funeral couple months ago and my cousins had they phones and cameras right at the casket snappin away, one filmed the entire rfuneral. i found it weird and creepy but i guess evryone grieves in different ways.