Do Yall think that WCW shouldve ended the NWO angle after Starrcade 97?

Options
T. Sanford
T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
I hardly watch wrestling anymore but I remember the introduction before their match in 97.

You think NWO shouldve came to a end after Starrcade, after that they was having NWO wolfpac, NWO latino, B-roster NWO (with Virgil as the leader I remembered). shss started getting stale afterwards

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The NWO was still popular after starcade. The problem was they basically had the entire WCW roster in the group. The Wolfpac was popular and the black and white still had some star power when those 2 factions was fueding with each other. It became stale when the jobbers was leading the black and white.
  • T. Sanford
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The NWO was still popular after starcade. The problem was they basically had the entire WCW roster in the group. The Wolfpac was popular and the black and white still had some star power when those 2 factions was fueding with each other. It became stale when the jobbers was leading the black and white.

@ 1st bolded, real shss there. They even had Lex Luger in WCW, you'll think how the angle was like that peeps like Sting & Lex Luger wouldve never happily been in a NWO faction

@ 2nd bolded, It really came stale when that happen, I mean ? had Virgil (Vincent) leading, I think Stevie Ray was in that group, Scott Norton & etc. shss was comical ass hell
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Got to a point wcw was like 10 wrestler i think every body else was in some type of nwo
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't forget Nwo 2000
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They even had referees in the NWO. Was done after that.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw after wolfpac thats when they jumped shark... LWO was wack
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    naw after wolfpac thats when they jumped shark... lwo was wack

la parka and ? lmao
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    um the LWO was probly the best part, sorry bro
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    la parka and ? lmao

lol naw but real talk i was a Konan, Rey Mysterio Jr, and Eddie fan... but couldnt roll with LWO
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lmao they was bullshittin wit lwo..
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    goldberg ? up the nwo angle.

back in 1999 after the finger poke of doom, the plan was for goldberg to go through every member of the nwo one by one taking them out by himself, but then he gets himself hurt by punching through a glass window thus putting him out of action for months.

as for the thread nwo still had a lot left to offer after starrcade so no.
  • T. Sanford
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

back in 1999 after the finger poke of doom, the plan was for goldberg to go through every member of the nwo one by one taking them out by himself, but then he gets himself hurt by punching through a glass window thus putting him out of action for months.

What was the finger poke of doom?
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    edited January 2011
    Options

Lol damn Hogan hit Nash hit with that Magneto force. that one finger was powerful.

I remember when that happen now
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Lol damn Hogan hit Nash hit with that Magneto force. that one finger was powerful.

I remember when that happen now

hogan was that ? lmao
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn, how you not want to be the World Heavyweight Champion and simply drop like that for the sake of storyline or lack there of, just to give it back to Hogan? There's been mad ? trying to get to that plateau through hard work and those kats were playing with the title like it didn't mean ? .

But I guess you can do what you want to do when the inmates run the asylum and were the bookers.

The nWo wasn't going to end as long as it drew ratings and made barrels of money. Only when the fans got older and tired of the same ? did WCW change up, but by that time, they had no viewers and the roster that wasn't nWo had been beaten to the point no one cared for them when they got their turn to become stars.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lmao they was bullshittin wit lwo..

Don't hate on Juvi and La parka
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

? with all the superstars WCW had you cant blame that ? on him. They still had DDP, Sting,Luger,Flair,Bret Hart. Blame it on ? booking
  • genocide_cutter
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? with all the superstars WCW had you cant blame that ? on him. They still had DDP, Sting,Luger,Flair,Bret Hart. Blame it on ? booking

Them ? had a whole bunch of wrestlers back then, They shouldve gave DDP the Goldberg angle
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't hate on Juvi and La parka

Juvi was cool ...lol

thought it was BS when they made him and Mysterio Jr. take the mask off...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

WCW painted themselves in a corner. Luger was in the Nwo, i think Flair was out, Brett wasnt over in WCW like he was in the WWF and sting was out. The only person they built up was Goldberg and when he got hurt there wasn't anyone to go to
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    new world order 4 life
    nwo.jpg

straight disrespected the belt lol vince wouldve never let that rock with the WWF belt
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    Options
    awwww
    the memories

WCW did let it run on for too long

you know how you know it ran for too long???

when WCW had to rebrand itself and change the logo styling & all.

they had that New Blood vs Millionaires Club angle where they tried to put Billy Kidman of all people over...Hogan is like Jordan,,the GOAT at his position but cant pick a player to save his life...
    Hogan passed the torch to Ultimate Warrior,Scott Steiner, and Billy Kidman,,,wtf
    and all the dudes he rolled with are C level guys,,, Brutus Beefcake,Nasty Boys,Virgil,Horus Hogan,,,wtf,,jus like the ? who surrounds herself wit uglies jus to stand out more.

but yeah,that Millionaires Club c ? ,
    now i see where TNA got Main Event Mafia from.......damn TNA cant ever do anything without lookin into WCW history first.
    even King of the Mountain is a variation of a WCW match