XBox 360 Controller Hurting My Hands

Options
Michael_Malice
Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
I have small hands and this controller is killing them. It's mainly when I am using L3 to sprint on Black Ops. It's like I'm reaching really far and hurting my hands. I have never had a problem with the PS3/DS3 so I was wondering if anyone had any fixes? Are there any 3rd Party controllers that are smaller? Are there any 360 controllers that are made like a DS3? I'm enjoying playing Black Ops on the 360 but I am not sure if I can keep it up with the hand pain. Also I seem to not be as good as I am on the PS3. I guess that will come with practice though. Y'all XBox ? add me. GamerTag: IceCold803

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Alright I ain't gonna lie, that ? was funny^^^^^^^ my hands and that small though, lol.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MadCatz is expanding their line of Xbox 360 peripherals with the release of their new Xbox 360 Microcon Controller. The Microcon is quite similar in design and function to the MadCatz 360 GamePad Pro, which impressed us months ago with its nice analog sticks and solid shoulder buttons. In fact, the only major differences between the Microcon and the GamePad Pro are their size and the texture of their plastic.

As the name suggests the key point of the Microcon is the fact that it's small, very small as a matter of fact. Compared to the GamePad Pro and official MS 360 pad, the Microcon is a good 30% less bulky, most similar to the original Playstation controller in overall measurements. Face buttons and the d-pad are all slightly shrunken compared to the GamePad Pro, as are the LB, RB, and Triggers. Analog sticks remain the same size.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327045007692-000.jpg
    So small. So cute!

If you're a gamer with small hands and you've found the official 360 pads unwieldy, the Microcon may well be an excellent alternative. Even those with larger hands might get a kick out of the Microcon. We sat down to some Fight Night 3 sessions and got a variety of feedback. A fair number of people with large hands really liked the Microcon, while a few with smaller hands actually liked the larger controllers more. I've got pretty big hands myself, and I really liked the Microcon a lot.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327044442220-000.jpg

The downside of using the Microcon with big hands is the fact that the triggers are small and close together, meaning you end up pulling them with the middle of your index fingers instead of the tips. It's not exactly bad, but it's the big difference between the Microcon and the larger controllers.

The second big difference between the Microcon and its big brother GamePad Pro is the texture of the plastic housing. Whereas the GamePad Pro makes use of smooth, hard plastic, the Microcon is composed of a very nice feeling rubberized plastic. The soft-plastic housing is comfortable and pleasant to hold, definitely nicer than both the GamePad Pro and official MS 360 controller.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327044412002-000.jpg
    Quite a bit smaller than the GamePad Pro 360 as well.

The Microcon retains many of the best features of the GamePad Pro. The analog sticks are quite nice and have a "meaty" character that makes them feel more responsive and tight than the official 360 pad's sticks. The difference is especially apparent in a game like Fight Night 3, allowing for a great deal more precision than the slightly loose official sticks. Like the GamePad Pro, the Microcon's triggers have a longer throw than the MS 360 pad. We like the triggers a quite a lot, and the longer throw allows for greater touch on the gas and breaks in driving games.

The Microcon has a turbo key to save the thumbs of button mashers. It also has a hard-invert switch that allows the sticks to be hard-set to inverted look, a boon for gamers that dig inverted controls but have found games that don't support the option in software.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327044427861-000.jpg
    Nicely contoured under side.

Conclusion
    MadCatz's Xbox 360 Microcon is a tight controller in a small package. Younger gamers, those with small hands, or even those with large hands that prefer the PS1 feel should all take the Microcon for a spin. The very precise analog sticks and the very comfortable surface material make it an excellent alternative to the official 360 pad, and it's lower price makes it a nice option for those not keen on spending $230 for four wireless MS pads.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/698/698632p1.html
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm opposite of you. The xbox controller fits perfectely in my hands, compared
    to the ps3 controller that feels tiny and fragile for me. About the not being as good,
    you just got to get used to the controller, competition wise it's the same.
    Just a heads up, most third party controllers have input lag.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Good looking out JoshuaBoy. I might have to look into that. That's a small price to pay to be comfortable. Thanks.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Generic wrote: »
    I'm opposite of you. The xbox controller fits perfectely in my hands, compared
    to the ps3 controller that feels tiny and fragile for me. About the not being as good,
    you just got to get used to the controller, competition wise it's the same.
    Just a heads up, most third party controllers have input lag.

Damn I didnt know that about the 3rd Party Controllers. That sucks. I hate lag. I might have to sacrifice though. I think I'm a try it out first.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Same here the Xbox controller is perfect for my hands. I even use it on my Ps3. I can't ? with that flimsy ? .
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Most 3rd party controller feels worse than the first party.

I'm in the same boat as u, the 360 controller hurt after a while. Only fix i have is to stop playing *shrug*
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Most 3rd party controller feels worse than the first party.

I'm in the same boat as u, the 360 controller hurt after a while. Only fix i have is to stop playing *shrug*

I agree with you and Michael Malice. The 360 controller isn't confortable to me. The clip I posted earlier has some truth to it. You see............I have these tiny hands. :D
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I agree with you and Michael Malice. The 360 controller isn't confortable to me. The clip I posted earlier has some truth to it. You see............I have these tiny hands. :D

lmbao!!!! It's just so frustrating right now cause I feel like I am starting all over in Lag Ops on 360 which I guess I am really. But I'm not gonna trip just keep grinding until I get used to it.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have small hands and this controller is killing them. It's mainly when I am using L3 to sprint on Black Ops. It's like I'm reaching really far and hurting my hands. I have never had a problem with the PS3/DS3 so I was wondering if anyone had any fixes? Are there any 3rd Party controllers that are smaller? Are there any 360 controllers that are made like a DS3? I'm enjoying playing Black Ops on the 360 but I am not sure if I can keep it up with the hand pain. Also I seem to not be as good as I am on the PS3. I guess that will come with practice though. Y'all XBox ? add me. GamerTag: IceCold803

this ? got fragile hands yall
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    this ? got fragile hands yall

lmbao!!!! yeah yeah whatever man. I ain't scared to admit my hands small. But my ? make up for it so it's all good. (pause) Anyway. I just wish I could use my damn PS3 controller. Somebody need to hack that ? or something, lol.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ole baby ? ass ?

i know there is a thing you can buy to use 360 controller on ps3, so i assume you can also use ps3 on 360. Try google.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm surprised the 360 didnt red ring during the making of this video. Malice if your hands are not sturdy enough to pick up that XCM than I suggest ordering it online and paying someone to set it up for you. Sounds like it would be worth it for you.

• Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ole baby ? ass ?

i know there is a thing you can buy to use 360 controller on ps3, so i assume you can also use ps3 on 360. Try google.

Yeah I saw that. I was just hoping someone here had some experience. I should have talked to you before I bought this XBox huh? I bet you could have changed my mind, lol. Add me on Live KOA....Gamer tag : IceCold803

lmbao!!!!!!!
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm surprised the 360 didnt red ring during the making of this video. Malice if your hands are not sturdy enough to pick up that XCM than I suggest ordering it online and paying someone to set it up for you. Sounds like it would be worth it for you.

This ? ....lmbao...!!!!!!!!
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    MadCatz is expanding their line of Xbox 360 peripherals with the release of their new Xbox 360 Microcon Controller. The Microcon is quite similar in design and function to the MadCatz 360 GamePad Pro, which impressed us months ago with its nice analog sticks and solid shoulder buttons. In fact, the only major differences between the Microcon and the GamePad Pro are their size and the texture of their plastic.

As the name suggests the key point of the Microcon is the fact that it's small, very small as a matter of fact. Compared to the GamePad Pro and official MS 360 pad, the Microcon is a good 30% less bulky, most similar to the original Playstation controller in overall measurements. Face buttons and the d-pad are all slightly shrunken compared to the GamePad Pro, as are the LB, RB, and Triggers. Analog sticks remain the same size.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327045007692-000.jpg
    So small. So cute!

If you're a gamer with small hands and you've found the official 360 pads unwieldy, the Microcon may well be an excellent alternative. Even those with larger hands might get a kick out of the Microcon. We sat down to some Fight Night 3 sessions and got a variety of feedback. A fair number of people with large hands really liked the Microcon, while a few with smaller hands actually liked the larger controllers more. I've got pretty big hands myself, and I really liked the Microcon a lot.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327044442220-000.jpg

The downside of using the Microcon with big hands is the fact that the triggers are small and close together, meaning you end up pulling them with the middle of your index fingers instead of the tips. It's not exactly bad, but it's the big difference between the Microcon and the larger controllers.

The second big difference between the Microcon and its big brother GamePad Pro is the texture of the plastic housing. Whereas the GamePad Pro makes use of smooth, hard plastic, the Microcon is composed of a very nice feeling rubberized plastic. The soft-plastic housing is comfortable and pleasant to hold, definitely nicer than both the GamePad Pro and official MS 360 controller.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327044412002-000.jpg
    Quite a bit smaller than the GamePad Pro 360 as well.

The Microcon retains many of the best features of the GamePad Pro. The analog sticks are quite nice and have a "meaty" character that makes them feel more responsive and tight than the official 360 pad's sticks. The difference is especially apparent in a game like Fight Night 3, allowing for a great deal more precision than the slightly loose official sticks. Like the GamePad Pro, the Microcon's triggers have a longer throw than the MS 360 pad. We like the triggers a quite a lot, and the longer throw allows for greater touch on the gas and breaks in driving games.

The Microcon has a turbo key to save the thumbs of button mashers. It also has a hard-invert switch that allows the sticks to be hard-set to inverted look, a boon for gamers that dig inverted controls but have found games that don't support the option in software.

madcatz-xbox-360-microcon-20060327044427861-000.jpg
    Nicely contoured under side.

Conclusion
    MadCatz's Xbox 360 Microcon is a tight controller in a small package. Younger gamers, those with small hands, or even those with large hands that prefer the PS1 feel should all take the Microcon for a spin. The very precise analog sticks and the very comfortable surface material make it an excellent alternative to the official 360 pad, and it's lower price makes it a nice option for those not keen on spending $230 for four wireless MS pads.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/698/698632p1.html

i may have to check out some of those controllers i like the d-pad on those. perfect for fighting games.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "The big controller hurts my tiny hand."
    Jeremy-Beadle-210.jpg

"But wait......!"
    jbp.jpg
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Now that's just wrong
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn u must've hated the original xbox's controller
  • Michael_Malice
    edited January 2011
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    Jeremy-Beadle-210.jpg

"But wait......!"
    jbp.jpg

Wow!!!! I'm gone....***Dead***
  • -Karl-
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn u must've hated the original xbox's controller

You could get the japanese version controllers that were alot smaller.

The US/Euro version was way too big.
  • -Karl-
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm sure DJ Paul has one of them joints too.
    -Karl- wrote: »
    Jeremy-Beadle-210.jpg

"But wait......!"
    jbp.jpg
  • jb richards
    jb richards Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I had the same problem and I solved it by creating this mod for the 360 controller
    http://youtu.be/9YLXPGNVD6U