LE Tournament #1 SEMI-FINALS - Legend24 versus esco soprano

raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited February 2011 in Lyrical Executions
Legend24 vs esco soprano
  • Check in by Thursday, February 3, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • You can drop your verses before the check in due date.
  • Verses are due by Monday, February 7, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • Voting will end on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Rules
Mandatory 16 lines.
Only one round.
5 votes first wins or most votes by the end date.
3 votes to 0 is a KO.
50 posts to vote unless you are participating in the tourney.
Disciplined InSight & sniperk cannot vote in this battle BC they will face the winner.
All votes MUST be explained well and no crew or hate votes.
NO FEEDING.
Take criticism like a man or a lady. Everyone has their own opinion. Use the Predictions/? Talking Thread to voice your opinions, not this battle thread. Lastly, caught biting will disqualify you. Good luck.

Comments

• esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'm here.

I'll try to have mine posted by tomorrow.
  • Legend24
    edited February 2011
    Esco, you 0 for 2, a weak match and a technicality
    Battle me, I'ma go through you like a fat ? devours calories/ 2
    This match is only a formality, you're just another casualty
    Your whole flow is pathetic, your composition is a fallacy/ 4
    I got steel that'll put you in the ER when I pull it
    Like sending you to hell with a winter coat, you'll be sweatin bullets/ 6
    You shoot blanks when you battle rap, you remind me of a McDonald's wrap
    Cause when I devour you, I get a sick feeling... gimme my ? dollar back/ 8
    Raw said you used to be hot, so what happened to your rappin?
    Cause you couldn't find a smooth flow if I stuffed your mouth with a silk napkin/ 10
    You're hip-hop's premature ejaculator, you can barely last a bout
    You come soft like an erectile dysfunction patient, with an empty spout/ 12
    Esco on that mafioso ? , you livin back in 96... that chapter been Written
    Check The Score, I'm Killing you Softly with what my pen spittin/ 14
    You're Jersey bred, Jersey fed, next thing, Jersey dead
    You're living in a state of despair, even the Nets prefer New York instead/ 16
  • esco soprano
    edited February 2011
    Legend? ? please you ain’t even Aubrey Graham hardly fam
    So quit claimin you hard cuz your city got more ‘soft spots’ than +newborns+
    Cease and desist with your weak lines no ‘development’ your speech got me resisting ‘arrest’
    And I’m so sick I pick up a ‘number 2’ at +school+ and get a disease on a ‘test’
    I’ll rip you then come back around like I caught my 2nd wind ? that this my tourney this my second win
    Broach the topic of you with my wicked wit; run ‘rabbit’ run +lickety split+
    Givin’ you ‘fits like u on shoppin’ sprees more white lines than an Eminem concert you coppin’ pleas
    Such alleged talent wasted basic legend style is ‘pulp fiction’ cuz he stay gettin +caught in the basement+
    “Now say ESCO one more muthafuckin’ time”
    Go ‘head take these bars to heart like diabetics with snickers; no ‘film’ +did you get the picture?+
    Four quarters in a game and the final "period" is where your namesake is made
    But not you '? ' you’re full of ? like that "? " between your legs
    Don’t go there with me cuz I’ma beast on text let’s not speak on sex
    With that soft ass quote in your sig hope you didn’t tongue kiss her kid cuz all of LE know just how deep her throat is
    Sometimes I feel like WILLARD SMITH cuz when I spit I feel no one else’s presence
    And before I leave this ? there’s no doubt about it – I AM LEGEND

(Link) Didn't think we need this for the tourney but anyway - http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?101376-Raw-Material-versus-thedesolateone
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Legend24
    Decent opener.
    I really dig the punch from lines 5 and 6. That went hard. And you followed it up with another decent punch that wasn't as hard but good.
    Cause you couldn't find a smooth flow if I stuffed your mouth with a silk napkin/ 10
    LOL. Sick first punch. The following 2 lines were alright.
    Check The Score, I'm Killing you Softly with what my pen spittin/ 1
    Dig the personals, alright punch. IDK why the last two lines made me laugh.

esco soprano
    Cease and desist with your weak lines no ‘development’ your speech got me resisting ‘arrest’
    And I’m so sick I pick up a ‘number 2’ at +school+ and get a disease on a ‘test’
    You had so much metas packed in here, I had to read them a few times. Good job.
    I’ll rip you then come back around like I caught my 2nd wind ? that this my tourney this my second win
    Givin’ you ‘fits like u on shoppin’ sprees more white lines than an Eminem concert you coppin’ pleas
    Such alleged talent wasted basic legend style is ‘pulp fiction’ cuz he stay gettin +caught in the basement+
    IDK why I really liked that first line. Good meta, great wording for the 3rd line. It was sick.
    Go ‘head take these bars to heart like diabetics with snickers; no ‘film’ +did you get the picture?+
    Okay first two lines but I liked the bars to heart part. Last two lines made me laugh. Good job.
    With that soft ass quote in your sig hope you didn’t tongue kiss her kid cuz all of LE know just how deep her throat is
    Sometimes I feel like WILLARD SMITH cuz when I spit I feel no one else’s presence
    First two lines were alright. 2nd was forced. I liked the closer. Nice personal.

I realize the winner of this battle goes to the finals and after reading it once, I read several lines over so that I really understood each of your lines, I couldn't pick a winner. So I had to read everything over again. This is one of the closet battles I've ever voted on. I'm not going to say who won on metas, punches, etc BC I provided enough comments on some of your lines every 4th bar to let you know what I liked. Legend had crazy lines like:
    But weak ones like:
    And esco had crazy ones too like:
    And his weak ones were:

With that said, my vote goes to Esco Soprano. I wish I could vote a tie and even though I could, I hate taking the easy way out and try to analyze enough to pick a winner. I will give Legend's verse a 7.50 and Esco's a 7.55. It was that close. IMO, Esco had the best line but Legend had the next two best lines BUT Esco had the next two after that. I won't be surprised if either of you win. It may even end up 5-4 for either of your ways.
  • esco soprano
    edited February 2011
    Is anyone still voting? This is a tourney with a whole round to go.....
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Is anyone still voting? This is a tourney with a whole round to go.....

I'll see what I can do about some votes.
  • b.c.o.dcru
    b.c.o.dcru Members Posts: 206
    edited February 2011
    This was a really close one...ledgend24 had me laughing, esco had me reading a few lines twice.
    Punches: esco
    flow: ledgend
    metas: esco
    personal: esco
    wordplay: ledgend
    I'm going with esco for the win....it was really close. Ledgend had and easy read, it had the Oooo factor.
    I just feel esco dug a bit deeper and hit just a little harder.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    DAMN GOOD BATTLE OFF TOP...
    LEGEND:
    {Nice multi's,wordplay, decent punch and metaphors}

{Hard metaphors, and punchlines}

You come soft like an erectile dysfunction patient, with an empty spout/
    {Better than nice metaphors and punches}

Check The Score, I'm Killing you Softly with what my pen spittin/ 14
    {Better than nice wordplay, hard punches, nice metaphors}

ESCO:
    {{Hard punches,metaphors, and wordplay, nice multi's}

{Hard metaphors, wordplay, punches, and that pulp fiction line had me LMFAO}

{Hard metaphors, nice punches}
    {Nice metaphor, last line hit good}
    Punches: Tie (both had hard punches)
    Metaphors: Esco (both had nice metaphors, but Esco edged him)
    Wordplay: Tie
    Multi: Legend (edged it out)
    Structure:Tie (both had a nice readable post)
    Overall Post: Esco (Once I went back and matched both verses bar for bar...Esco edged it out)

Vote: Esco
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'm not gonna break down each line of each verse. Both were hot though. Both had nice ass metas too. I'm a punchline rapper myself so I appreciate good word play and meta flips. But if I gotta choose one I'm gonna go with Legend24. His verse flowed better to me and the punches came off more natural sounding. Some of Esco's seemed just a little reaching to me. Not over my head or anything but for some reason some of them just didn't come off as sharp as I felt they could have. Most battle rappers don't say this too often, but on the real, Legend's style seemed similar to my own. I could actually imagine myself spitting some of those lines he dropped. I don't know either of these dudes or followed their IC postings at all so I have now history on either to be biased about. But when somebody's flow and style reminds you of your own, it's hard not to recognize it and not give them the nod. Both got down for real but my vote is going to Legend.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Man, I just type up my entire vote and this ? went to ? .. smh illcommunity.

Anways, I was saying this was like thee hotest battle in this round 1 tournament. I really enjoyed reading both opponents verses, both of them hit hard. I was impressed. Also reminded me how talent like this is slept on and lacks support..

I thought Esco had a nice verse, he incorporate multi's, meta's, and nice metahphors. However, when I was reading his verse, I had to re-read that like 3 times to be able to really understand what his battle rap was conveying.. I also think that Esco done a good job in this battle, previous from the other battles I thought it was lightweight.. but his jawn hit hard though.

On to Legend, I thought his verse was superb, nice punchlines, had multi's, metaphors that gave me an image, and also I feel his flow he wasn't trying to hard but his verse still hit hard..I diggs that.

This vote is actually hard so Im gonna hve to say a Tie.. Sorry folks.. It's a tie for me.. Good luck to both oppenents.. peace.
  • esco soprano
    edited February 2011
    So there was 3-0 vote, then Old ? for Legend, then an additional tie vote. Well we'll have to wait on the official determination.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Technically Esco won. Last night Deaththreats posted before I could post my vote, which would have went to Legend. But unless Raw wants to keep the voting open a lil longer, Esco wins.
  • Legend24
    edited February 2011
    Good match Esco... good luck in the finals.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    so do you need me to vote?i am reading the verses for like the tenth time and i was just about to vote but if there is already a winner i wont
  • Legend24
    edited February 2011
    so do you need me to vote?i am reading the verses for like the tenth time and i was just about to vote but if there is already a winner i wont

It's over... but still drop your vote so we can see, just don't waste your time going into too much depth about it.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i vote for legend because esco punchlines i really wasnt feeling like arrested devolpment and soft spot and newbornsthe lines werent that hard to me literally or figuratively
    legend had a few strong lines and better flow and structure his verse seemed more personal imo the lines actually hit while esco would put arrested and development in a sentence and quotes to seem like it was a punchline.even if canada has more soft spots i dont see how it cant have thorough people there so wasnt a good line to me even though i appeciate the connection of soft spots and newborns.legends lines were solid .i put content before multis anyday.i dont want people to think this is a hate vote because esco won against me .thats why i wasnt gonna vote on this one
    but i was asked to and i just gave my honest opinion
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    ? was a nice battle.... i thought Legend was going to win......but ESCO pulled a buzzer beater......

Esco patterns and wording, just fit with me......but it was clever no doubt.....Legend had the hands up with the smooth flow...
    Legend if u would have kept diggin into this ? chest........aint no way he seeing.......most people like myself had to read
    the bars 2 times to try to figure out what he meant.........to me i dont care how lyrical u are trying to be.....its always a minus
    when your words dont rhyme and when your metaphors dont apply to the reader........Esco had some nice metaphors....
    but when i forced i mean got damn.....Esco.....u almost lost vote, due to the metaphors......i got them, but it just didnt sit well me

Legend....the flow and pattern was ill, just u slipped on the context........if the context was there u had this hands down.....
    Esco good win, but your rhymes sound to forced.......in a face 2 face battle, i couldnt imagine that verse winning...but online thats the advantage of going back and reading it again......but even reading it again, i was still like damn.....if Legend just went in, and killed u, he had this hands down
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited February 2011
    Sorry I'm late. Been a little busy but good job to both of y'all. This battle was CRAZY. Good luck in the finals esco and I hope to see you battling more Legend24 BC your verse was crazy. You have skills.
This discussion has been closed.