Options
2»

Comments

• MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BASED Zod wrote: »

T/S I wish death upon you, I pray that your family and friends care for you so deeply the loss of you is so great that they decide to take their own lives, I wish nothing but suffering and despair on your children's

children's children.

"You cannot bargain with what you don't have"

Reply Reply With Quote

BASED ZOD

YOU ? 'Z

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I'M OFF THIS KUSH

BASED ZOD ? DAMN
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

must be why muz never aims me anymore :cry :cry

must be why you don't aim anymore wednesday

no cries
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Aye good for you my dude. As much as some of these cats may hate, I honestly believe that cops are needed. Yea I know a percentage be on that crooked ? , but I'd rather be in a world with them than without them. SMH@ these ? thinking they gon' batman with some vigilante justice. ? you ain't Nick Hume
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ay do u man, if thats gon get u this cake then go for it, jus dont turn sour on ? n dont become a ? ? , i hate cops....but i like cops who jus keep it cool which u rarely see
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    you ever seen a human being at his absolute worse?
    Have you ever seen a dead child?
    Could you handle these things and not bring it home with you at the end of the day?

Are you willing to take another person's life and be held accountable for it? Having to see the grieving widow or mother?
    Are you ready to see a woman with knife cuts all over her body cause some ? ass ? can't even pay for ? ?
    Are you ready to cast aside your personal beliefs and convictions for the "Law"?
    Are you ready to see brains entrails and the like smeared all over the road, steering wheel and dashboard?

ARE YOU REALLY WILLING TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE FOR PEOPLE THAT AREN'T EVEN AWARE YOU EXIST? ARE YOU READY FOR A THANKLESS JOB?
    Are you ready to be ultimatumed by your S/O when she /he ready to make you choose between your job or your family?

Concurs.

I don't care who you are, it ain't ? for some young punk to ? you like Sonny. Ask Sean Taylor about being a big football playing ? and getting shot...and dying. Cops are needed, no doubt, but it's not some cake ass job.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you ever seen a human being at his absolute worse?
    Have you ever seen a dead child?
    Could you handle these things and not bring it home with you at the end of the day?

Are you willing to take another person's life and be held accountable for it? Having to see the grieving widow or mother?
    Are you ready to see a woman with knife cuts all over her body cause some ? ass ? can't even pay for ? ?
    Are you ready to cast aside your personal beliefs and convictions for the "Law"?
    Are you ready to see brains entrails and the like smeared all over the road, steering wheel and dashboard?

ARE YOU REALLY WILLING TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE FOR PEOPLE THAT AREN'T EVEN AWARE YOU EXIST? ARE YOU READY FOR A THANKLESS JOB?
    Are you ready to be ultimatumed by your S/O when she /he ready to make you choose between your job or your family?

while being a cop can be stressful it's not this damn dramatic...I know a couple cops, one younger (been a cop for about 6 years) and another whose been a cop for over 20 years...neither have ever fired their gun, been given an ultimatum by their wives...not all cops are on some movie ? where they go about solving murders and chasing criminals all over the city
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • blackrain
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not every city is the same not every precint is the same, I didn't say these things WILL happen... I just asked if he's ready... Simple as that, and I have friends and family all thru multiple agencies of law enforcement.
    Just cause it didn't happen to your friends doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I hate that kind of mentality... My sister, was spit on by on AIDS patient, she didn't caytch the diseases, but they damn sure put her on that destructive cocktail...
    See how your POV isn't absolute?
    Mental Preparation is 98% of this game, ask me how I know please...

trust me when i say that seeing someones brains exposed is a life changing event.

I never said my POV is absolute hence me saying "not all cops"... I was just saying that yours wasn't either...the things you listed a police officer can go their entire career for and not ever encounter...and the way you put it it seemed like you were straight up saying "If you are a cop these things WILL" happen to you...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? all that. Do it and always remember why you are doing it. Even though others tell you it is a pipe dream.

Every cop I know is like everybody I know. They are different. You have the ? , corrupted joints and you have the ones that see it as a way to help the community. Do you, be you!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • blackrain
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How can you make that assumption when I did nothing but ask questions...
    These are things that T/S need to be wary of. and any other young cat looking to get into LE. Often times people are unaware of the kinda monster that truely lies inside a human being, most people have never seen, heard or ever been exposed to something of such magnitude. Nor are they fully aware of what their own Psyche can handle...

There was nothing in your post to indicate a differing POV...only the one you gave that's how and all I did was say "Being a cop may not be like that it could also be like this too"...neither is certain it's just 2 different perspectives...and you're right nobody truly knows what their mind can handle until you actually go through it so there's only but so much preparing yourself that you can do...
  • playa629
    playa629 Members Posts: 28
    edited February 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    while being a cop can be stressful it's not this damn dramatic...I know a couple cops, one younger (been a cop for about 6 years) and another whose been a cop for over 20 years...neither have ever fired their gun, been given an ultimatum by their wives...not all cops are on some movie ? where they go about solving murders and chasing criminals all over the city

I cant disagree with you there...but on some real ? , everything I listed in my first post is happening to my brother, and this dude is in a rural town where theres a lotta drugs with teenagers, and some domestic violence, assaults...but no real hero ? wheres hes tryn to save the world.

With that said...the job STILL changes you, and unless you were in the military prior, or just have a real good sense of self, I see it as something that will inevitably happen to all cops at some point.

Some of the worst changes that happen are subconscious.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? t/s, i got no love for cops or wannabe cops
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    ? all that. Do it and always remember why you are doing it. Even though others tell you it is a pipe dream.

Every cop I know is like everybody I know. They are different. You have the ? , corrupted joints and you have the ones that see it as a way to help the community. Do you, be you!

From what Ive been told by EVERY COP I know that I asked personal questions to is their job sucks. It has nothing to do with shooting or getting shot at. Their families hate the ? from the wife to the son and daughter, giving out tickets sucks bc ppl hate u and go crazy and try to bribe u, and ur job is mainly paperwork.

Truth be told Ive never heard a cop say I like my job, ? is tough and u dont get paid enough.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Watch ya back. ? been bussin back at the pigs as of late.

With good reason. ? Tha Police.
  • CPTJamesT.Lurk
    CPTJamesT.Lurk Members Posts: 763
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Living in Charlotte and just decided i want to become a cop...my associate degree in computer networking will be my plan B, but right now im focused on being a cop...I want to know if anybody has any ideas on what its like...

Before niccas start sayin dumb ? :

Im 6'0 and played defensive linemen in high school( built for it)

I was raised in a community full of poverty(street smart)

And i figure that i could make a difference(understanding the struggle, not looking through eyes of judgement)

You might as well forget about the bolded. There have been many people who have gone into law enforcement or law thinking the same way and 98% of them change.