Nicki Minaj gets #1 album & rap song in the US/Breaks Lil Kim's Hot 100 record + more

Options

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kinda unrelated but ye in it and...

I found this ? hilarious and dont wanna make a thread loll.......

Kobe and Kanye stay winnin....

kobe-kanye-swizz-mos.jpg
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    He's white........

Oh my ? ? !!! I didn't know that!!! I thought he was ? black?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oh my ? ? !!! I didn't know that!!! I thought he was ? black?

No problem dude, it's a common misconception.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^LMAO! ? he more black then Drake. lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Kobe and Kanye stay winnin....

All the time. SMH.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^LMAO! ? he more black then Drake. lol

Who ?
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited January 2011
    Options
    king drew wrote: »
    who ?

haha!!!!!!!!
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Where can cop that amos lee. Im betting its better than Pink friday.....isnt that ? a pop album?
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nikki Minaj stay winning even after the Lil Kim hatred
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    She got really close but it didn't happen. She's #3 this week but she's still moving units. I still think Double is out of reach but shockingly she's on pace to pass "Thank Me Later" which will be very shocking since Drake in my view had way more buzz than she did.
  • BReddy2
    BReddy2 Confirm Email Posts: 585
    edited February 2011
    Options
    good for shorty, i hate her music but its good to see people succeed
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nicki Minaj crowns the Billboard 200 albums chart for the first time, as her "Pink Friday" set steps 3-1 in its 11th week on the list (45,000; up 18% per Nielsen SoundScan). "Pink" also pushes past the 1 million total sales mark this week --1,035,000 total since its Nov. 22, 2010 release.

"Pink Friday" initially debuted at No. 2 and has since spent its entire chart life in the top 10.

Minaj's patient wait for her turn at No. 1 is a rare sight. For the most part, an album is only No. 1 because it debuted there. It's unusual for a set to climb to the top. Case in point: in 2010, there were 30 albums that hit No. 1, but just one --Lil Wayne's "I Am Not A Human Being" --actually rose to the top. Wayne debuted at No. 2 off of just downloads, then fell to No. 16 the next week, only to reach No. 1 the next once the CD version of the album dropped.

Before "Friday's" ascent to the top, the last album to take longer to rise to No. 1 was way back on the chart dated March 5, 2005, when Ray Charles' "Genius Loves Company" finally hit No. 1 in its 25th week. It zoomed 15-1 with 224,000 (up 202%) following its Grammy win for album of the year.

Minaj's 18% sales gain could be attributed to sustained impact from her "Saturday Night Live" guest turn on Jan. 30, in addition to some surprising viral love from confessed fans Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. The latter ladies can be found --separately --on YouTube rapping to the "Pink Friday" cut "Super Bass." The two most popular clips have racked up more than 2 million views in the five days they've been online.

Pink Friday is only the third album by a female hip-hop star to reach #1, following a pair of 1999 albums: Foxy Brown's Chyna Doll and Eve's Ruff Ryders' First Lady. (It's the fourth if you count Lauryn Hill's 1998 blockbuster The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, which straddled the line between hip-hop and R&B.)

tumblr_lgcw9vziaP1qcviwlo1_500.png

Billboard Rap Songs
    *** No. 1 ***/Greatest Gainer "Moment 4 Life" Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
    Debut No. 23 "The Show Goes On" Lupe Fiasco

http://m.billboard.com/column/chart-highlights-adult-pop-rap-songs-more-1005024482.story

Nicki Minaj creeps to #2 on all-time Hot 100 entry list

The Lonely Island & Nicki Minaj's "The Creep" debuts at #82 on this week's Billboard Hot 100. This marks Minaj's 21st Hot 100 entry, officially breaking the tie with fellow femcee Lil Kim for second most Hot 100 entries by a female rapper. The #1 title is currnntly held by Missy Elliott, who has 30 entries on the list.
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Happy for her, but that ? is wack
  • KillaCham
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pink Friday records
    *Only female rapper to simultaneously have a #1 album and #1 single in the US (Pink Friday & Moment 4 Life)
    *Only female rapper to have #1 album on the Billboard 200, Billboard Rap Albums, and Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop albums
    *Biggest first week sales for a female rap album
    *Female rap album with the most consecutive weeks in the Top 10 (Billboard 200)
    *Female rap album with the most weeks at #1 (Billboard Rap Albums & Billboard Hip-Hop/R&B Albums)
    *Fourth female rapper ever with a #1 album in the US (Foxy Brown, Eve, Lauryn Hill)
    *Female rap album with the most Billboard Hot 100 entries ever (5)
    *Female rap album with the most Billboard Hot 100 entries ever in a single week (4)
    *Highest selling female rap album release since 2003 (La Bella Mafia - 1.1 Million)

Damn, Nicki stay winnin.
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not a fan of hers but congrats for her success; she's doing well out there.
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Pink Friday records
    *Only female rapper to simultaneously have a #1 album and #1 single in the US (Pink Friday & Moment 4 Life)
    *Only female rapper to have #1 album on the Billboard 200, Billboard Rap Albums, and Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop albums
    *Female rap album with the most weeks at #1 (Billboard Rap Albums & Billboard Hip-Hop/R&B Albums)
    *Fourth female rapper ever with a #1 album in the US (Foxy Brown, Eve, Lauryn Hill)
    *Female rap album with the most Billboard Hot 100 entries ever in a single week (4)
    *Highest selling female rap album release since 2003 (La Bella Mafia - 1.1 Million)

Damn, Nicki stay winnin.

is she actually competing with anyone else? Eve>>>>>>>>>>>as an MC. Not a pop artist
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pink Friday records

Damn, Nicki stay winnin.

congrats to her but she still will never ever do what kim did in the rap game as far as sales or anything. she has a long way to go
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'll make her mouthpiece obese like della reese. with my shlong
  • KillaCham
    edited February 2011
    Options
    talik23 wrote: »
    congrats to her but she still will never ever do what kim did in the rap game as far as sales or anything. she has a long way to go
    As far as sales? Nicki has already outsold Kim in sales, b. :(
  • talik23
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As far as sales? Nicki has already outsold Kim in sales, b. :(

u must dont know hip hop. u must be lil younging saying that. check your facts

Year Title Chart positions Certifications[2][4][5]
    US US R&B GER SWI UK
    1996 Hard Core

* Released: November 12, 1996
    * Big Beat\Atlantic Records

11 3 — — 116

* US: 2x Platinum[2]

2000 The Notorious K.I.M.

* Released: June 27, 2000
    * Atlantic Records

4 1 100 76 67

* US: Platinum[2]
    * CAN: Gold[6]

2003 La Bella Mafia

* Released: March 4, 2003
    * Atlantic Records

5 4 81 82 80

2005 The Naked Truth

* Released: September 27, 2005
    * Atlantic Records

6 3 81 82 80

* US:Gold [2]

2011 Lil' Kim Forthcoming Studio album'

* Released: 2011

- - - - -
  • KillaCham
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'll make her mouthpiece obese like della reese. with my shlong
    Lol GOAT
    u must dont know hip hop. u must be lil younging saying that. check your facts

Year Title Chart positions Certifications[2][4][5]
    US US R&B GER SWI UK
    1996 Hard Core

* Released: November 12, 1996
    * Big Beat\Atlantic Records

11 3 — — 116

* US: 2x Platinum[2]

2000 The Notorious K.I.M.

* Released: June 27, 2000
    * Atlantic Records

4 1 100 76 67

* CAN: Gold[6]

2003 La Bella Mafia

* Released: March 4, 2003
    * Atlantic Records

5 4 81 82 80

2005 The Naked Truth

* Released: September 27, 2005
    * Atlantic Records

6 3 81 82 80

* US:Gold [2]

2011 Lil' Kim Forthcoming Studio album'

* Released: 2011

- - - - -
    No ? - with 4.4 Million - Kim has sold more albums than Nicki, but not singles. And Naked Truth is not Gold. LOL @ Wikipedia as a source.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    She the best rapper doing it right now
  • talik23
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol GOAT

No ? - with 4.4 Million - Kim has sold more albums than Nicki, but not singles. And Naked Truth is not Gold. LOL @ Wikipedia as a source.

ok its not gold smh. i guess u would know because????? and who cares about selling more singles. she the only so called female rapper rapping now.
  • KillaCham
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ok its not gold smh. i guess u would know because????? and who cares about selling more singles. she the only so called female rapper rapping now.
    I guess I would know because both RIAA and Soundscan say otherwise. Lol I wouldn't suggest trying to argue numbers against someone with Mediabase and partial Soundscan access, you silly ? .

Who cares if she's the only one rapping? The point is she's doing things and breaking records in 2 years that Kim wasn't able to do her entire 16 year career. So why even bring Kim up? :(
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

I need you to stop hating