A.G.(Andre the giant) is way better than big L and is one of the GOATS

Options
2»

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Menace explain to me how youre 19 years old and you are famaliar with Big L's resume

He was killed 12 years ago so u were 7 when he died which means you have no idea what u talkin bout only what u read or heard

Since Big L is dead he gets elevated into this pedestal when truthfully he was a punchline rapper/freestyler no different than banks,cassidy,fabolous etc

Hes better then all those ? tho
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Menace explain to me how youre 19 years old and you are famaliar with Big L's resume

He was killed 12 years ago so u were 7 when he died which means you have no idea what u talkin bout only what u read or heard

Since Big L is dead he gets elevated into this pedestal when truthfully he was a punchline rapper/freestyler no different than banks,cassidy,fabolous etc

Dont mean ? . i grew up off the music im no backpacker.

i bought both of big L albums heard every single song he made. I'm not they type of person to say he's "dope" cause its the cool thang to do i say hes dope cause i listen to his music.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    explain.......

Trolls don't explain themselves. All they do is say something more outrageous to make you react emotionally. Don't talk to the troll, freepost and Gif-bomb until the thread is closed.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So ya'll think Big L was better than big pun too?

*Still laughin at the dumb ? who cant stay out this "troll thread"*

Keep sonnin ya self
    No, capital punishment>>>>L
  • _Menace_
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • _Menace_
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So ya'll think Big L was better than big pun too?

*Still laughin at the dumb ? who cant stay out this "troll thread"*

Keep sonnin ya self ?

Big Pun was more lyrical then L
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I like AG and feel he was always "serviceable" on the mic

but better then L???

maybe you just don't like L
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2011
    Options

We never bring luggage we go shopping when the plane land
  • _Menace_
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Iiight have you heard of showbiz and ag? Are you famaliar with ag's music? Cuz Big L debuted on his album they have freestyles,songs together where he wasnt outshined they were even

Ag has a better catalog,better delivery,more substance,a better rap artist.Its a reason he been in the game 20 years

yea i heard of AG he's dope no doubt but imo L is better.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Troll Thread Takeover

I'm fed up with the ? !!!

Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I just looked on big L's wiki page and it dont even mention ag

He was in the ditc just like the rest of em and on youtube its none of his recent music from the last 4-5 years except like 2 songs

Ya'll prolly never heard none of his music cuz he aint popular
    Underrated.....
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I fail to see how this is a troll thread. The Reason gets plenty of those but this topic doesn't qualify.

A.G. is nice as ? . I listen to ? Money Radio quite a bit. I also own most of Big Ls discography. As far as straight spittin id say L takes it, but as artists Id say they were equal, if anything AG might take it due to subiject matter.

Honestly tho relating cats still in the game to those that passes 10+ years ago doesn't make sense to me. If we were basing it off everything either did til L passed id say L wins overall.

Has AG dropped anything lately?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    uh?............no
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't know if he's better than L, but dude was a problem.Runaway Slave should be mentioned next to Low End Theory, Mecca and Soul Brother or One for All - the biggest Easo Coast classics of early 90's. His work with DITC is also pretty impressive.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Iiight your opinion is respected cuz u know what you talkin bout.I can tell you actually listen to both of em unlike these other cats

If you goin up to when big l died showbiz and ag had 3 albums big L had one

Ag had more material and more commercial success

Yea he dropped 3 mixtapes since ? radio.They called dunkin donuts, everythings berri and thriller 2

The thriller 2 is raw as ?

Thanks bruh im gonna peep those tapes.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    In defense of this thread...Big L is mad nice, but in all seriousness A.G. was making serious noise as well with his albums Soul Clap and Runaway Slave with Showbiz, especially my personal favorite Goodfellas. He has a nice low-key flow and delivery, no doubt. In Big L's arsenal of a slick flow that he could switch at the drop of a dime, his timing, hard hitting punchlines and freestyle ability he lacked substance which A.G. had more of. Both of these dudes are superb artists, but Big L's death gave him more notoriety and it overshadowed A.G. I think people like L's style because they were more spontaneous and energetic, but Andre is definitely a force in the D.I.T.C. as well.

I'm sure most of you remember this classic track, well at least the instrumental from the movie8 Mile. A.G. rips this ? effortlessly. I liked the original, but the DJ Premier produced remix always sticks out.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not one person can make a case.Big L just like pac an overrated mc whos dead so everybody puts him on a pedestal

Ag been in the game longer,lyrics are better(cuz he has substance and dont talk about the same ? big L talked about)

Better music,better albums

The definition of ? is 2 people of the same sex havin relationships,attraction or doing sexual things

Now how is this thread ? ? Or are you just a stupid ?

wow. ur thirsty, huh?

L only dropped one album and his 2nd was put together after he died.
    so how can you say L talked about the same sht???
    plus, his wordplay is/was a lot more thorough than ag's.
    name one song that ag did that is comparable to 'ebonics' or 'size em up' or 'causulties of a dice game'?
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol at dudes picking ag over big l
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i disagree, i think royal flush was better than a.g.