"he has no people. you cant trust a man like that!!!"

Options
Chillin&Postin
Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
edited February 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
said about don draper,by his father in-law

how true do you think that is???

is a man with little connection to family a trustworthy person???

Comments

• ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes. that means he's a self motivator.

oh and first
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    interesting

you'd prob be better off getting to know the person better first
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree. Anybody Ive known with no family connections seem to be either self centered, have trust issues and/or cutthroat.

If you aint cool wit moms(barring some kind of abusive situation) i cant trust you
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    I agree. Anybody Ive known with no family connections seem to be either self centered, have trust issues and/or cutthroat.

If you aint cool wit moms(barring some kind of abusive situation) i cant trust you

yeah cuz it takes ALOT for your own mama to not wanna fuckwitcha

even if the world hates you, usually moms is still there.
  • D-Marco
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The sickest ? I know are the ones with family issues or who dont ? wit their fam.

I say.."dont trust them new ? over there"
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not just men but women too. Because you don't know their history. If someone had friends and family, you can ask them about the person.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah, you don't know what there family is like.

I'm pretty sure my fam would cut me off, and vice verse if I told them I was an atheist, does that still make me a foul ass ? ?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't think the two things have much of a connection. No need to presume ? any more than you would with someone who has close family ties. That sounds like an easy way to quickly judge someone w/o sufficient evidence that their "issues" would affect you in some way.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i honestly disregard the whole thing as a generalization

i see family as more people that can become enemies,matter of fact...the worst enemies. they use the whole "c'mon,we're family" thing as a means to ? you over and get back in your good graces.

over the years i have learned that you cant allow people the chance to cut you,so i drop them as soon as i see they have snake tendencies.
    so what does that leave me with??? my mom & my dad,thats all. my brothers are they're own men who have to tend to they're wives and families. I am my own man who has to do the same.
    Cousins??? they seem to only pop up and be needy when they know you have something....then they go back to where they were after they get what they need.

I honestly feel all the folks i have met of no relation to me have done way more good to my life than most blood relatives.

i think it has something to do with non-family members treading lightly to stay on your good side,while family dont care. They feel you will be there regardless.

when you have seen
    -parents steal bikes from they're own kids and ? them
    -siblings steal personal items then have a 3rd party try to sell them back to the other
    -cousins share baby daddies
    -fights at every damn BBQ in the park

you jus might think less of the family system
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeh.. i can dig that..
    u judge a man.. OR female by the company they keep.. and how they treat those around them around u..

if somebody aint got nobody somethin's wrong..
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and as for donald draper/? whitman

i can see why he abandoned his family...dad died and his stepmother treated his like a red headed stepchild(LITERALLY)

his real mom was a ? and it affected him to the point where he cant have one stable relationship
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and as for donald draper/? whitman

i can see why he abandoned his family...dad died and his stepmother treated his like a red headed stepchild(LITERALLY)

his real mom was a ? and it affected him to the point where he cant have one stable relationship
    how many of us can say that we can?? lol
  • think
    edited February 2011
    Options

i think it has something to do with non-family members treading lightly to stay on your good side,while family dont care. They feel you will be there regardless.

Sorry to hear your family was like that. But think about this. Who would you rather be with. The devil you know or the devil you don't know? Family will always be there in the ultimate time of need. After all, that's who you gravitate back to no matter where you are in your life.
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2011
    Options
    think wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your family was like that. But think about this. Who would you rather be with. The devil you know or the devil you don't know? Family will always be there in the ultimate time of need. After all, that's who you gravitate back to no matter where you are in your life.

man.. family will ? u first.. they the closest ones to u..
    not sayin not to love them.. but u dont put nothin past NOBODY.. especially when u in the streets..
  • D-Marco
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It is a generalization but even when their family is ? up, they are more likely to have some type of issues/wall built up because of it.

So either way, if someone can turn their back on their fam, they can turn their back on anyone. Trust Ive seen it
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Far as im concerned somebody with a million connects cant possibly keep them all happy without being two-faced.

No way u keep a bunch of people on your good side being 100 percent real.
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2011
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    It is a generalization but even when their family is ? up, they are more likely to have some type of issues/wall built up because of it.

So either way, if someone can turn their back on their fam, they can turn their back on anyone. Trust Ive seen it

im like that.. i got a female cousin mothers are cousins.. dads are brothers.. we 10 months apart.. spent our whole lives together..
    i beat on countless ? for her.. to the point people wouldnt ? with her on the strength she was my cousin and my other cousin's niece..

? slighted me one too many times.. aint talked to her in over 5 yrs..
    if the ? died today i wont attend her funeral next week..

? who cant turn they back are weak in my eye... there's a dependency there..
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    how many of us can say that we can?? lol

true

but the show tries to paint it that his upbringing is the reason he is a womanizer
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2011
    Options
    true

but the show tries to paint it that his upbringing is the reason he is a womanizer

oh this is a show?? I didnt know who u was talkin about.. jus was commentin on the situation..
    but of course the show's gonna portray it that way.. this is tv we talkin about..
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options

i prefer to cut folks loose

so what most folks do is give people nothing and make them earn trust.
    well since folks know that you hold back till you are comfortable they tend to lie and act as you want so they can achieve what they want

now me,i do it the opposite.
    be completely upfront and inviting. then see how a person responds.
    there is nothing to earn from me because i have already accepted you,,,im jus waiting for you to show me something different than what you showed in the beginning.
    now once you show me you are not who you said you were,,,,CUT
    jus like that
  • think
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i prefer to cut folks loose

so what most folks do is give people nothing and make them earn trust.
    well since folks know that you hold back till you are comfortable they tend to lie and act as you want so they can achieve what they want

now me,i do it the opposite.
    be completely upfront and inviting. then see how a person responds.
    there is nothing to earn from me because i have already accepted you,,,im jus waiting for you to show me something different than what you showed in the beginning.
    now once you show me you are not who you said you were,,,,CUT
    jus like that

So you're an open book? I tend to steer away from people who disclose everything right away. Too aggressive. Doesn't that make you feel vulnerable?

If it works for you though that's cool. There's something to be said about putting all of the cards on the table early on. I just can't handle it.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So you're an open book? I tend to steer away from people who disclose everything right away. Too aggressive. Doesn't that make you feel vulnerable?

If it works for you though that's cool. There's something to be said about putting all of the cards on the table early on. I just can't handle it.

vulnerable???
    nahh

why not???
    because i feel there is not enough honesty in the world. if im embarrassed about something then i shouldnt be doing it.
    and if im lacking in something then i should be doing something to better the situation.

and i dont mean upfront as in sittin on the oprah couch and blabbing my life story. i mean jus being warm & receptive in general.
    if someone brings you to my home as a guest,,,i welcome you and treat you like a brother,,,and you still act weird and talk to me as a stranger...yeah it should be me watching you,not you watching me because im kind.

that still may be weird to some folks but i will clean it up with this,
    when you ask the right questions,in the right manner,you will get the truth even if the person lies.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Far as im concerned somebody with a million connects cant possibly keep them all happy without being two-faced.

No way u keep a bunch of people on your good side being 100 percent real.

the bolded is pure truth

it's impossible to be the realest ? and not have at least a good number of mofos throw shade

cause a lot of mofos ain't trying to be honest with themselves, let alone will let you tell them that they ? up

I constantly find myself choosing between personal success and holding myself back cause of fam

but what is success worth when nobody you give a ? about is there with you? that is the dilemma I struggle with SMH
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I dont trust muthafuckas anyway.....so it really wouldn't matter
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree with the people you surround yourself with are a reflection of who you are...so if you can turn your back on family and still have good supportive people around you then cool...but if you have nobody...there is a reason for that. Take notes...when u meet women who dont have friends from way back and theyve lived in the same city for a long time...they must bring the drama!