"he has no people. you cant trust a man like that!!!"

2»

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    sometimes you and your family are just cut from a different cloth. i'd have to judge every situation individually.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    not dealing with certain family members out of some ? imaginary obligation can help alot more people...if you have NOBODY in your life then yeah it probably reflects something bad about you, probably...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    gibbsboy wrote: »
    I agree with the people you surround yourself with are a reflection of who you are...so if you can turn your back on family and still have good supportive people around you then cool...but if you have nobody...there is a reason for that. Take notes...when u meet women who dont have friends from way back and theyve lived in the same city for a long time...they must bring the drama!
    This is ridiculous. You make it seem like it's impossible for a person to run into ? up family and friends. The world doesn't have as many standup people as you think. A loner can just be a victim of circumstance.
    sometimes you and your family are just cut from a different cloth. i'd have to judge every situation individually.

c/s cause I'm that way.
  • the_omniscient
    the_omniscient Members Posts: 245
    edited February 2011
    I disagree. You should be able to trust somebody like that more and vice versa. Such a person had to kick a lot of people out of his/her life but decided to let you inside the circle of trust. To me that's an honor, considering how hard it was for everybody else to earn that trust and the high standards that person has for people. Somebody who has a lot of family and friends probably hands trust and friendship out like candy and probably has much lower standards.
  • babafryo
    babafryo Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i got no people, i guess i can't be trusted. bet my credit is better now than before, bet my gpa is better now than before, bet my bank account got more digits than before, bet i only spend what i can afford. bet that.
  • babafryo
    edited February 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    bet you're unhappier
    bet you're lonelier
    bet you're socially awkward

bet me on it

*? you, i'm paid post*?

lemme correct that, my circle is very small not non existent
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    don draper ain't even his real name. he's the ultimate charlatan.
  • babafryo
    edited February 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    If u don't keep contact with your momma u a sad ndividual.
    unless u didnt know ur parents or sumshit, then i guess w.e. mother figure u had growing up

eminem is and always will be a depressed white rapper because he hate his momma and every other woman in his life that aint his daughter

dont be like eminem

wth are you on about man lol my moms is in nigeria with my grandmother and my aunts, there was a death in the fam. my dad and i dont get along at all so we dont speak, i live alone in the midwest doesnt mean im beyond reach to the fam though
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Draper's family situation pretty much explains his life to this point.

So...you make the conclusion.
  • gibbsboy
    gibbsboy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    This is ridiculous. You make it seem like it's impossible for a person to run into ? up family and friends. The world doesn't have as many standup people as you think. A loner can just be a victim of circumstance.

c/s cause I'm that way.

u can run into ? up people...but if thats ALL u run into then maybe u should look into the mirror...maybe its YOU
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited February 2011
    actually

don draper/? whitman is a stand up dude

the man he stole his identity from,
    he paid for his widow's whole life...and she told him he didnt even have to do it

and he is loyal to co-workers. when everyone wanted to retire the old dude who was fallin asleep & ? on himself,don was the only person to stand up for dude
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    CapitalB wrote: »
    im like that.. i got a female cousin mothers are cousins.. dads are brothers.. we 10 months apart.. spent our whole lives together..
    i beat on countless ? for her.. to the point people wouldnt ? with her on the strength she was my cousin and my other cousin's niece..

? slighted me one too many times.. aint talked to her in over 5 yrs..
    if the ? died today i wont attend her funeral next week..

? who cant turn they back are weak in my eye... there's a dependency there..

damn what did she do to you? musta been reaaaal grimey
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I disagree. You should be able to trust somebody like that more and vice versa. Such a person had to kick a lot of people out of his/her life but decided to let you inside the circle of trust. To me that's an honor, considering how hard it was for everybody else to earn that trust and the high standards that person has for people. Somebody who has a lot of family and friends probably hands trust and friendship out like candy and probably has much lower standards.

^^^^. word. I don't talk to any of my family members for various reasons. And I consider myself a very trustworthy person. Im the type of ? where if you tell me a secret, then ima take that ? to the grave with me. I'm not cool with my family, but I got a handfull of good friends. My ? family is really just about the ONLY people I dont get along with. So I really dont think there's much relation betwwen being cool wit your family and being trustworthy.

? all that "blood is thicker than water" ? . and just cuz we family, dont mean I got to ? with yo ass or pretend I like you. And if I find myself better off/happier by ignoring my fam, then thats ok.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    There could be any number of reasons why someone isn't close to their family. Family members will ? you over faster than an outsider will.

I'm sure most of us have at least a couple of relatives that we have absolutely no use for. Hell, I have an entire side of my family that I have nothing to do with. It has no effect on my trustworthiness as a person. Most of my friends will confide things in me before they will their parents or even their spouses.