What causes you to be a fan of another city's team?

Comments

• Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Ibex wrote: »
    Whatever reason or excuse works for you man, I don't really see the difference

I've been a Bulls fan since the year Jordan retired to play baseball and Pip struggled to even get to the ECF without him. Yeah his averages were up but he was lookin' like a not-as-good Jordan before Pip got to the team in '87. That 3-peat was worth the 5 years of hell it took to become respectable again tho. I stayed a fan when we could barely win 15 games in a ? lockout season, and still couldn't in the 3-4 seasons after that. I love that we're playing good ball again and I think we can be a sleeper team come playoff time, even though we're the 2nd seed. Don't nobody seriously expect this team to win it all, even with Rose balling out of his ? mind.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    I've been a Bulls fan since the year Jordan retired to play baseball and Pip struggled to even get to the ECF without him. Yeah his averages were up but he was lookin' like a not-as-good Jordan before Pip got to the team in '87. That 3-peat was worth the 5 years of hell it took to become respectable again tho. I stayed a fan when we could barely win 15 games in a ? lockout season, and still couldn't in the 3-4 seasons after that. I love that we're playing good ball again and I think we can be a sleeper team come playoff time, even though we're the 2nd seed. Don't nobody seriously expect this team to win it all, even with Rose balling out of his ? mind.

And there you have it. Even fans of "ain't ? " teams are underestimating the Bulls because they've decided that sports are about popularity instead of talent. Hell, the Spurs have a phenomenal team and they get ignored because they're supposedly "boring". The excuses are sickening.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    And there you have it. Even fans of "ain't ? " teams are underestimating the Bulls because they've decided that sports are about popularity instead of talent. Hell, the Spurs have a phenomenal team and they get ignored because they're supposedly "boring". The excuses are sickening.

Let 'em sleep. I'd rather people say we aren't a top 5 team in the league this year, and that the 2nd seed wont mean ? come playoff time, than have them be on our ? like they were with the Patriots all year and have that ? backfire on us.

I swear I have battered wives syndrome when it comes to the teams I root for. Before this year the Raiders were terrible, the Warriors were terrible...and are just a little bit better, the A's still suck and the Bulls are the only team that has potential to do something great this year. It's like I cant root for a team unless they're terrible. The fact that the Bulls are the 2nd seed this late into the season with me as a fan seems like a ? miracle. :(
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    only team outside my city i root for is the Falcons and i chose them literally from my first time playing Tecmo Bowl on super nintendo and stuck with them ever since.

otherwise its Lakers and Trojans (and clippers sometimes if i catch a game on TV unless they play the lakers)
  • BIGC129
    BIGC129 Members Posts: 635
    edited February 2011
    only way im routing for another citys team is if they have a player on there roster who played his college ball at michigan and that still doesnt mean im gonna go support that team like i would my home team...
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Also tho I grew up 15 min from USC I rep Alabama cause that's where I was born and that's who pops had me root 4.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    For a second there, I thought you were eluding to the Magic lol.

Lmao. As soon as u saw the word "heat" in the first paragraph, it should've eradicated that notion.

And besides my sig isn't just for aesthetical pleasure. It's there for people to read and to inform them as well lol
  • cityslicka
    cityslicka Members Posts: 177
    edited February 2011
    cause their better
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    if I dont have a team in my own city

Flyers,Sixers, Eagles, Phillies btch!!!
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    peagle05 wrote: »
    i just picked whatever team i wanted to and stuck with it.

there is more to this story
  • #Kew
    #Kew Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2011
    When I was young I just had my favoriter players I would follow but eventually I decided to pick teams who I felt played the way I like to play. Lets face it, the Padres and Chargers make stupid moves for the sake of losing.

Here's my teams:

NY Knicks- Those 90's teams were gritty and had the most heart in the league imo. they could have been 1st seed or fighting for the last spot but they always heart and i admired that. plus, they didn't give ? what anybody thought. they took on spree when ? shunned him and they stayed fighting.

Titans- I went against them in the super bowl but i saw they played with a lot of heart like the Knicks so I stuck with them. plus they're a physical team so i always liked that.

NY Yankees- Honestly, I chose the Yankees not because of the rings but more for the swagger and teaching me the game of baseball.

I don't have a college team but the most confusing thing is when a ? goes to a school but cheer for someone else. thats weird to me...
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I root for all Houston teams, but I got other teams/players that im a lightweight fan of.....
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I go home state. SO I am a diehard Saints fan. Now they we have the Hornets (on the side I rooted for the Larry Johnson, and the Charlotte Hornets) I root for them. But before that I was a Laker fan because of Magic, Shaq, and despite of Kobe. Baseball I always like the Braves and the REd Sox. But I cant stand the bandwagon Sox fans popping up at the Braves games now. I still wear my Boston Braves jersey when ever I get a chance though. (on the side: that old Ken Griffey and A-rod Mariners team was GOAT, they didnt win ? but they were still GOAT! LOL!)
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Born and raised in Dallas,Texas and grew up hating the dallas cowboys thanks to my grandfather...that ? loved the steelers,when i was old enough to catch on to football (7years old) kordell stewart was the steelers qb/rb/wr/k/kick returner..he was the only ? doing all of that for his team at the time,i was a huge kordell stewart fan then.From there on out the team just stuck with me
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I ride with the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Soul, Union, and the Suns
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i'm a mommas boy.....

she's from texas
  • dbrazil412
    edited February 2011
    so naturally i cant root for the steelers. they'd already have 7 if it wasnt for us, and we'd have 7 if it wasnt for them
  • dbrazil412
    edited February 2011
    i do however side with the pens, pirates......................., and pitt panthers (basketball)
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    so naturally i cant root for the steelers. they'd already have 7 if it wasnt for us, and we'd have 7 if it wasnt for them

But we practically gave yall a super bowl,? neil o'donnell
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Interesting threads 2day. Let me post now before the board gets flooded with more "Kobe v. Lebron" and "D. Rose vs. (insert PG here)" threads.....

I've lived in the cities/states of all the teams I root for:

College: Oklahoma Sooners, NBA: Thunder (Born and raised in OK)

NFL/MLB Falcons, Braves (Lived there for 11 years and a gang of family/friends there)
  • dbrazil412
    edited February 2011
    doubletee wrote: »
    But we practically gave yall a super bowl,? neil o'donnell

lol. i cant blame him. would you rather have thrown at deion, or larry brown (who?)

i honestly couldnt tell you ? else about his career after that superbowl
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    IF I was to ever see o'donnell on the streets i would just straight up ask him,man who paid you to blow the superbowl game against dallas,huh nicca! you threw the ball right inbetween larry browns ? numbers!!that shouldnt even be a int' they should of just said brown caught a touchdown ? !!! And then walk off.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    doubletee wrote: »
    IF I was to ever see o'donnell on the streets i would just straight up ask him,man who paid you to blow the superbowl game against dallas,huh nicca! you threw the ball right inbetween larry browns ? numbers!!that shouldnt even be a int' they should of just said brown caught a touchdown ? !!! And then walk off.

Word. I was rootin' for y'all ? that game in a house of about 30 Cowboy fans talkin' mucho ? . So after you walk off, I'll just run up and...

imager.php?id=38047
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Word. I was rootin' for y'all ? that game in a house of about 30 Cowboy fans talkin' mucho ? . So after you walk off, I'll just run up and...

imager.php?id=38047

You know his ? made ass would probably press charges.But trill ? though.