What causes you to be a fan of another city's team?

Options
13»

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    You know his ? made ass would probably press charges.But trill ? though.

I'm still laughin' at how Al Davis' half-dead ass gave Larry Brown all that money to sign him the next year and then he was out of the league in a couple of years. ? prolly still spendin' that Raider money. smh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    <<----Not a fan of any other citys teams.

O's, Skins, Terps from a kid to the dirt.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm still laughin' at how Al Davis' half-dead ass gave Larry Brown all that money to sign him the next year and then he was out of the league in a couple of years. ? prolly still spendin' that Raider money. smh

Word,to jamarcus russell....? been ? the raiders for the past couple of decades,they paying all this money to players who never made a diference on the team.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Word,to jamarcus russell....? been ? the raiders for the past couple of decades,they paying all this money to players who never made a diference on the team.

Neva lied. I'm trying to up my 40 time to 4.3 before Al Davis dies. I know he'll give me at least 3-4 mill. lol
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Always rooted for SDSU, Padres & Lakers.

My mom was a die hard Charger Fan, dad die-hard raiders fan so I never had an official NFL team as a kid. I just liked certain players or coaches and would follow them wherever they went. I am a Charger fan officially...rootin for the hometeam. I still root for my favorite players' team but ? 'em if they're playin the Chargers.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Neva lied. I'm trying to up my 40 time to 4.3 before Al Davis dies. I know he'll give me at least 3-4 mill. lol

Shid maybe 20 mil my ? ... heyward-bay has been a no show since they drafted him...i know ill probably do a better job at moving the chains than that ? .
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's best to root for teams in certain cities in your state, but if you do root for another team in a different state just be a true fan and make sure you don't look like a bandwagon fan. You gotta stay consistent and follow them for years, then you will a true fan.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dallas weather is so unpredictable...this past weekend it was 65-70 dergrees,today its 20,windchill is 1 dergrees and its snowing.
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well i started liking the niners in 87...when i first saw them play (Montana+Rice) together that ? was like poetry in motion...i had never seen a offensive machine run so smooth like that...and they had Lott on D knocking ? heads off, so it was a perfect blend...i don't dislike the skins but them ? will have you pulling out your hair if you a fan lol
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My homestate has no professional teams....

Lakers-as a lil ? i always played with them in live 95 for sega so I stayed with them.

Redskins-My pops a cowboys fan,and i wanted to choose a rival...I naturally hate the giants so it was hell no to them...ain't wanna be an eagle fan..so it came down to being a skin or steeler fan..flipped a coin heads redskins tails steelers obviously it landed heads smh but stayed with em

Yankees-Nearest baseball team

USC-Reggie Bush. . .didn't have a fav. college team till then
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    My homestate has no professional teams....

Lakers-as a lil ? i always played with them in live 95 for sega so I stayed with them.

Redskins-My pops a cowboys fan,and i wanted to choose a rival...I naturally hate the giants so it was hell no tho them...ain't wanna be an eagle fan..so it came down to being a skin or steeler fan..flipped a coin heads redskins tails steelers obviously it landed heads smh but stayed with em

Yankees-Nearest baseball team

USC-Reggie Bush. . .didn't have a fav. college team till then

lmao...if that aint the WOAT way to get stuck with a team
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    lmao...if that aint the WOAT way to get stuck with a team

that's why im bitter of all steeler fans...? yo success! lol
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i just always been a niners fan as long as i can remember my grandfather til this day said he never understood how i started liking them instead of the redskins i like every other hometown team though

i started liking michigan in college football b/c tyrone wheatley was that dude then came Biakabtuka
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i dont root for no team outside the area, i'm a nets fan because they were in my state and i became a jets fan because everybody was dickriding the giants
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like rooting for the underdog...

When L.A. had their dynasty in the early 2000s, I hated Kobe & Shaq. I thought Kobe was a ? ? always getting stole on by other players LOL. It didnt help that they trampled my beloved Sixers in a 4-1 Finals series after A.I. put up a marvelous performance in Game 1. However, after 2005, Kobe was Ja Rule status.

Kobe had the ? trial, Shaq sonning him by winning with Miami, Smush & Kwame as teammates, most fans starting to gravitate towards Tmac/a young Lebron/Melo/Wade & getting embarrassed by PHX twice. I started ? with the ? because eventhough he was taking L's consistently, he was ballin like a real ? . I respected his realnigganess despite the ? he was goin through & i started following.

Then Pau came & now the fun's over. I like rooting for the underdog. Now we the HNIC.

My teams:
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Philadelphia Eagles (I Bleed Green bruh)
    Philadelphia Sixers (Not really my squad but, out of respect to my area)
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    It's best to root for teams in certain cities in your state, but if you do root for another team in a different state just be a true fan and make sure you don't look like a bandwagon fan. You gotta stay consistent and follow them for years, then you will a true fan.

That ? dont even matter really....dumb ? gonna call u a bandwagon anyway.

I been following Kobe & L.A. since 2005/06 & ? still come with that "bandwagon" ?

Seriously bruh? They was horrible
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm home team all the way. All of em including the damn Cubs. But I also been a Lakers fan since before Shaq and everybody that knows me knows I'm die hard for my Bulls and the Lakers. Yea I got two nba teams, it is what it is.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The only team I root for outside of Los Angeles are the Cowboys... Been a fan as long as I've been watching football.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pacers & Colts and nobody else since 94. I started out as a Bulls fan only cuz of MJ and WGN showed all their games but when MJ retired I flirted with the Hornets (my fam is in NC) and the Magic. Pacers swept the Magic in the playoffs and I haven't looked back! For college basketball & football I like Purdue.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't have fav. teams. i have fav. players
    kobe and peyton are my fav. players in their respected sports,so I root for the teams they're on
    when they retire I'm not gonna give a ? about the lakers or the colts
    now I'm from NY and I wish all the teams from here the best. but I'm not gonna lie and say I'ma die hard fan when I'm not