Any suggestions for GOOD protein supplements?

Options
DEE-LICIOUS
DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Weight Room
I'm specifically looking for Whey protein but some of them taste like ? ...anyone have any suggestions of some better tasting ones?

Comments

• BReddy
    BReddy Banned Users Posts: 360
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i use to take whey isolate by NOW foods
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thx for the feedback! Jamel- I can't blend stuff like that at work and plus I totally hate bananas and peanut butter lol u named my most hated foods :-/

I'll look up that strawberry and creme blend...I damn sure wont buy a tub that big tho....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • Jerecole
    Jerecole Members Posts: 55
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Isolyze made by Species Nutrition. 100% pure cold filtered whey isolate protein that has a great taste. 27 grams of protein per scoop.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I used to take that Muscle Milk stuff. It tasted pretty good as compared to some of the other stuff on the market.

I also used to drink the liquid protein drink from Isopur. Some of them were downright nasty; tasted like cough medicine damn near. But then, they had/have some flavors that were pretty good.

As with anything, most protein drinks come with an acquired taste.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm specifically looking for Whey protein but some of them taste like ? ...anyone have any suggestions of some better tasting ones?

GNC should have a 100% Whey that is non flavored...I add it to my Gatorade or Powerade and its straight to me
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Muscle Milk is the best tasting IMO.

I use ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. I don't care about taste and just throw it in some water and chug it down. When I was bulking I'd put into milk and it tasted much better though.

And I never shopped at GNC period. I walked in and seen the prices and walked right back out.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

I use ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. I don't care about taste and just throw it in some water and chug it down. When I was bulking I'd put into milk and it tasted much better though.

And I never shopped at GNC period. I walked in and seen the prices and walked right back out.

this. best ive ever tasted...hands down. i used to ? with the powder and adding milk but now i ? with the premixed joints.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2011
    Options
    See....I have a very VERY sensitive palate lol so taste really is muy importante to me. I've thrown up several times when trying new powders and what not. I know that doesn't really work well when someone wants to lose weight or whatever but it is what it is. A sista can't even take pills like that. I gag and throw em up.

Thanks for all of your feedback though, I really appreciate it. I just bought a bottle of the strawberry and creme pre-mixed muscle milk to taste it. How the hell was that ? 3 bucks tho?!! I won't be working out tonight but imma try it tomorrow after my workout.

once again- ur feedback is much appreciated. I been working out everyday lately and am tryna be diligent about all of this.....
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited February 2011
    Options
    See....I have a very VERY sensitive palate lol so taste really is muy importante to me. I've thrown up several times when trying new powders and what not. I know that doesn't really work well when someone wants to lose weight or whatever but it is what it is. A sista can't even take pills like that. I gag and throw em up.

Thanks for all of your feedback though, I really appreciate it. I just bought a bottle of the strawberry and creme pre-mixed muscle milk to taste it. How the hell was that ? 3 bucks tho?!! I won't be working out tonight but imma try it tomorrow after my workout.

once again- ur feedback is much appreciated. I been working out everyday lately and am tryna be diligent about all of this.....

I know it's been a while but are you still fat? Even though you were fat you had sexy knees. Anyways Muscle Milk: Cookies and Creme with 2% or skim milk.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I know it's been a while but are you still fat? Even though you were fat you had sexy knees. Anyways Muscle Milk: Cookies and Creme with 2% or skim milk.

LMAO My legs are still sexy as hell. Tryna get down to 135 now and thx for the suggestion...imma see how that one tastes next
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I got muscle milk and that ? is okay. I guess its bad for you cause its got arsenic in it so I'm probably gonna get a whole pack of Myoplex next. Otherwise I just mix the cheap GNC brand whey protien and creatine. Slam it fast. Not too bad. Helluva lot better than cheap whiskey and almost as good for ya too.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

MM taste good....but Syntha 6 is the best tasting and easier digestible with last calories, which is better for definition and cutting
    I'm using the Cookie 'n Cream and Chocolate PeanutButter
    The strawberry taste like an actual Milkshake from DQ

syntha_6.jpg
  • mootonandy
    mootonandy Members Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    MM taste good....but Syntha 6 is the best tasting and easier digestible with last calories, which is better for definition and cutting
    I'm using the Cookie 'n Cream and Chocolate PeanutButter
    The strawberry taste like an actual Milkshake from DQ

syntha_6.jpg

I think different kinds of protein for different times of day is good. Caesin before bed is good because it is slow release and it will keep you anabolic overnight. Whey is best for straight after workout because its fast release. At all other times a blend of fast and slow release is good.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't know the name of it off the top of my head but I got this vanila flavored stuff from this Whole Foods type store. I mix it with light chocolate soy milk and drink it after work outs. it's disgusting wtih just water.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mootonandy wrote: »
    I think different kinds of protein for different times of day is good. Caesin before bed is good because it is slow release and it will keep you anabolic overnight. Whey is best for straight after workout because its fast release. At all other times a blend of fast and slow release is good.

that's right, different proteins do work better take at different times. And then there are protein powder combination like Syntha 6 that has all of the main proteins which makes it multi-functional for time of use. Hands down the best currently on the market.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/synth.html
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't know the name of it off the top of my head but I got this vanila flavored stuff from this Whole Foods type store. I mix it with light chocolate soy milk and drink it after work outs. it's disgusting wtih just water.

man...i tried to drink some ? with just water.totally gagged and messed up my taste buds for the day smh
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    HydroWhey vanilla velocity by Optimum Nutrition
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Ijust realized my advice on that proper grams... For the females I suggest a lower amount. 32g is typical dosage for 150 to 225 pounders. Sorry for any inconvenience

Even with guys your body can only absorb so much protein B and you just ? and ? the rest out. That's why when you take multi vitamins your waste just smells so ? dam bad your body is getting rid of what you don't need.

@ Dee look into Isopure you mix it with water and there are more flavors than Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. And I'm sure they have a shaker mixer at your healthclub with the ball that breaks up the protein yo. I myself replace at least 2 meals with these shakes. They also come in Zero Carb and Low carb.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited February 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Even with guys your body can only absorb so much protein B and you just ? and ? the rest out. That's why when you take multi vitamins your waste just smells so ? dam bad your body is getting rid of what you don't need.

@ Dee look into Isopure you mix it with water and there are more flavors than Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. And I'm sure they have a shaker mixer at your healthclub with the ball that breaks up the protein yo. I myself replace at least 2 meals with these shakes. They also come in Zero Carb and Low carb.

U know what- I've actually stopped going to the gym and started doing more home workouts. And I like it better....very shocking. I'll look into that tho...on amazon :)
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • tarheelman
    tarheelman Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I foolz with Myofusion by Gaspari Nutrition. Blend it with ice and unsweetened almond milk, and it's like an actual milkshake. About 25 g protein per scoop. I use two in my shakes.