Anyone know anything about Stricklin?

Options
MastaAceTheGOAT
MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
edited February 2011 in The Essence
Member of eMC and he features on a few masta ace songs especially on FAY where he destroys it. he said on twitter that he is dropping an album in may. anyone know anything else about him or the album?

Comments

• renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "Strick (also known as Stricklin, born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin) made his official debut in 1999, when he signed to rap label Tommy Boy Records. Strick was featured alongside Detroit MC Royce Da 5'9" on Tommy Boy's Black Label, and the two collaborated on the track "It's Over" from the Hip Hop 101 compilation. After his deal with Tommy Boy fell through, Strick began making numerous appearances on underground mixtapes, one which attracted the attention of Masta Ace, who enlisted Strick for an appearance on his 2001 album Disposable Arts. Strick then joined Ace for the album's supportive tour. He also appeared on Ace's 2004 album A Long Hot Summer, and was featured on that album's supportive tour as well."
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "Strick (also known as Stricklin, born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin) made his official debut in 1999, when he signed to rap label Tommy Boy Records. Strick was featured alongside Detroit MC Royce Da 5'9" on Tommy Boy's Black Label, and the two collaborated on the track "It's Over" from the Hip Hop 101 compilation. After his deal with Tommy Boy fell through, Strick began making numerous appearances on underground mixtapes, one which attracted the attention of Masta Ace, who enlisted Strick for an appearance on his 2001 album Disposable Arts. Strick then joined Ace for the album's supportive tour. He also appeared on Ace's 2004 album A Long Hot Summer, and was featured on that album's supportive tour as well."

What's he been doing since, because dude seriously needed a deal after his appearances on Masta Ace's projects.
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited February 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    What's he been doing since, because dude seriously needed a deal after his appearances on Masta Ace's projects.

yeah when i heard FAY i was hyped, cos his verse was dope as hell. obviously had some problem cos he hasnt even had a mixtape. altho as i said before he should have something out by may
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah when i heard FAY i was hyped, cos his verse was dope as hell. obviously had some problem cos he hasnt even had a mixtape. altho as i said before he should have something out by may

I'd definitely be checking for that, IMO, He came across as really talented as you say, particularly on FAY.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »

lol o i dont know i just copied that straight from wikipedia
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol o i dont know i just copied that straight from wikipedia

lol 2004.... that's like 7 years ago now lol. Shame dude 'fell off' so to speak without his skills even weakening. Hoping he comes back with a nice album, dude deserves his shot at an LP.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Stricklin was the only member of EMc I knew nothing about! Not a bad emcee tho!!
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LOved that EMC record. Strick killed it. I hope they do another soon,
  • RuffDraft
    edited February 2011
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    LOved that EMC record. Strick killed it. I hope they do another soon,

EMC were set for another record, last year, but it's been put back to this year... and given a TBA name. Either way, sounds as though it's coming.