The Official Nasty Nas ir bin Olu Dara Escobar Jones Thread...

Options

Comments

• redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    This may be an unpopular opinion but NY State of Mind II>>NY State of Mind

co sign and both >empire state of mind
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nas is the goat he didn't fall off he just changed his content
  • heavyrelish
    heavyrelish Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was one of those dudes that held nas down through everything..but i cant front...i think its time to let him go...the divorce was bad enough, his lawyer game is seriously off, and now shorty is grilling him...to many mistake..nas, stop with the damien marley albums and what not..get ya sword back dun..biggest mistake was not being on cl2...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i was one of those dudes that held nas down through everything..but i cant front...i think its time to let him go...the divorce was bad enough, his lawyer game is seriously off, and now shorty is grilling him...to many mistake..nas, stop with the damien marley albums and what not..get ya sword back dun..biggest mistake was not being on cl2...

Raekwon didn't sweat him not being on it and I dont think it's a big deal either.
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nah, i mean it would have been a good look for nas, would have shown he still got some teeth in his mouth to do some real hiphop thing...
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nah, i mean it would have been a good look for nas, would have shown he still got some teeth in his mouth to do some real hiphop thing...

he was busy at the time with his divorce and all that.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nas cant lose for winning while winning a losing battle but he still stays losin on the winning team that lost
  • 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=heavyrelish;56601..biggest mistake was not being on cl2...[/QUOTE

Co-? -sign. Slick Rick, Busta Rhymes, D Block, and Beanie Sigel all managed to get a spot on Cuban Linx.
    But nas disappointed.
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    he was busy at the time with his divorce and all that.
    when he did that album with kelis on two songs i seen trouble ahead...
  • 11BamBam11
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And what happened to that Distant Relatives album?
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    smh the "Nas lost" movement is dead so I'll just say I hope he can get his ? together.
  • mobilefreepimpp
    mobilefreepimpp Banned Users Posts: 147
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas is at nastradamous levels now...he needs to comeback like he did with stillmatic.
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    smh the "Nas lost" movement is dead so I'll just say I hope he can get his ? together.

no question..thats my point i held him down thru ALL that...but at some point in time u gotta show and prove..
  • ninefiveninesix
    ninefiveninesix Members Posts: 72
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This may be an unpopular opinion but NY State of Mind II>>NY State of Mind

Really can't argue with that.....II was official
  • TMonroe
    TMonroe Members Posts: 73
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Threadstarter, Nas personal life should not have any effect or change of mind on you. It's not like you know the man personally to be bothered by it. I could see if it effected you but it shouldn't. Nas is a human being like all of us. The only difference is the world gets to judge his life because it's made public. He's going through the same thing the guy down the street is going through. Except the rapper title is not attached to it, and there's no cameras to point too. So I don't see why this should bother you.
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    when he did that album with kelis on two songs i seen trouble ahead...

One of the songs he did with her was okay on the Hip Hop Is Dead album.
    11BamBam11 wrote: »
    And what happened to that Distant Relatives album?

Record label politics.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I guess someone needs to at him like Jay did to bring him back to life.

Cmon Nas you can do it
  • 11BamBam11
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One of the songs he did with her was okay on the Hip Hop Is Dead album.

Record label politics.

Kelis' acting in that song was abysmal.
    Not Going Back was half-assed.
  • ninefiveninesix
    ninefiveninesix Members Posts: 72
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas is at nastradamous levels now....

Lol......Nas is still my dude, but damn....ol' girl is lettin' him have it every month seems like.....I hope he can stay out the tabloids this year and get back to make some hot sh*t
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    TMonroe wrote: »
    Threadstarter, Nas personal life should not have any effect or change of mind on you. It's not like you know the man personally to be bothered by it. I could see if it effected you but it shouldn't. Nas is a human being like all of us. The only difference is the world gets to judge his life because it's made public. He's going through the same thing the guy down the street is going through. Except the rapper title is not attached to it, and there's no cameras to point too. So I don't see why this should bother you.
    fams no one has had more bm drama then me, but check this, u cant let your troubles at home affect your WORK!! i know, cause i've lost jobs over being spaced out over problems with a chick...nas lets to much outside ? affect his work ethic..
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No matter what Nas does anymore. Imma still rate him for what he did for hiphop
  • 11BamBam11
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All that divorce ? with Kelis will inspire Nas. Ever since he got serious with that broad in 2002, I swear his beats took a turn for the worst. She was the inspiration behind that double-disc disaster Street's Disciple. Now that he aint with her no more, maybe he'll be impassioned, get better beats and spit some fire again. Maybe he'll come out with some One Mic ? again.
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? that 1 mic ? ..nas really needs to get on some it was written type ? again, get that queens ? back going...thats when he was on fire..
  • 11BamBam11
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? that 1 mic ? ..nas really needs to get on some it was written type ? again, get that queens ? back going...thats when he was on fire..

Escobar days are over. Nas should use them same grimy beats from it was written again, but ? rappin about all that fake, mafioso ? again. That ? was done 13 years ago. And if he does go back, he really will have fell the ? off. You gotta be desperate to cover the same content at 36 that you did at 22.
  • heavyrelish
    edited January 2010
    Options
    11BamBam11 wrote: »
    Escobar days are over. Nas should use them same grimy beats from it was written again, but ? rappin about all that fake, mafioso ? again. That ? was done 13 years ago. And if he does go back, he really will have fell the ? off. You gotta be desperate to cover the same content at 36 that you did at 22.
    im not saying same content..but same spirit, just update it like a computer..