What do you hate most about going to the gym?

Sovo_Nah
Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Weight Room
I hate how the women act like they cant look at you in the eye.

I hate the guy that smells like he hasnt showered in 3 days.

I hate the people who work there that is always by you and looking at you work out everyday when they should be dumping the trash and moving on to the next garbage can.

I hate the 50 year old lady who weights 80lbs, who spends 2 hours on the treadmill. ? , you 5'2!!! really?

I hate the old muslim black man who talks to everybody like living the life of an a-rab is best for black people.

I hate the chick behind the counter who checks you in by swiping your i.d card, who doesnt say "hi."

I hate when ? ask me to spot them.

I hate when an old white 80 year old ? ask me how long imma be on an exercise bike, when its a whole row of them, but this one is his favorite one, so he comes and ? with me.

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    stankin ass white boys and indians...thats the worst smell combo in history
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Either not enough equipment or people using something I need.
  • alexjohnson
    alexjohnson Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I hate the traffic, the queuing, the smell of other people's sweat....the list goes on..
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    lion_heart wrote: »
    Either not enough equipment or people using something I need.

^^^This^^^

I dont go to the gym anymore. I workout home but I miss the gym.

But the things I hate are:
    Too many people want to play BBall and they one game running full court.
    The list is always full of people that are not there anymore so you end up having to yell out their names for five minutes.
    The inside track always have people that are either going the wrong way on the track or in the wrong lane walking when the outside lane is for running.
    The weight benches (there were ten) would have all these young kids hanging out around them so you have to be the old grumpy dude and tell them to leave the area are workout. (Lil ? get smart and get beat down)
    FAt chick with all that damn spandex on. ? you aint skinny yet.

I could go on............................
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i hate going to the gym period

but while im at the gym, if all the elliptical machines are taken, 9 times outta 10 i wont be working out for real
    i hate the treadmill :(
    and i hate when people use a machine and dont sanitize it when they're done
    oh...if you forget your keycard at home to get into the gym, i am not getting off my machine to open the door...i will (and have) act like i dont see you knocking on the window or door
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i hate that it isn't open 24 hours
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    fat people walking on the treadmill...breathing and sweating like they doing something
    women wearing tight ass spandex, and sports bras...and get mad at you for staring
    peole who dont wipe off their benches...? be sweaty
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i hate that it isn't open 24 hours

Where are you at? Most city have a 24 hour gym. Even the medium size cities!
  • Louie V. Slugger
    Louie V. Slugger Members Posts: 392
    edited February 2011
    bummy looking dudes that work out in jeans and flip flops with socks. (That ? dont affect me, but it gets me heated watching it)

-c'mon son why you got jeans and flip flops on in a gym, why you wearing a flight jacket any way? its like 70 degrees out.

Little ass kids that come in with their parents (usually latino) and let the weight repeated slam down on the machines.

-I know you see your kids acting fool

? that wanna talk to you about routine / supplaments / diet

- I dont give a ? which machine gives you the best definition, your ? up my work out! Talk to me about that ? when Im at home.

Cosign on getting asked to spot

-When I workout I like to keep to myself and do my own ? , ? being workout buddies.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I work out at home now and all i really miss is the eliptical. When I did go to the gym:

I hatee feeling like someone's lookin at me. I didn't do weights or the machines in the front of a big room if it's crowded. working out after 10 ftw.

I hated the smelly mo-fos at the gym that had to use the eliptical/treadmill right next to me. ugh.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    hate when theres mad people in there

also hate when a steroid lookin muthafucka gonna be starin at me like i dont belong there, ? im not even tryna be as big as you!
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I go to a BJJ gym so its different . I hate people who look at me when i wear pink grappling pants and rashguard. I hate the guy who wont tap and i always end up choking him out or breaking his limbs. I hate my trainer who wont give me the black belt cuz i aint 18 yet. Im a BJJ prodigy for ? sake
  • DaConcierge
    DaConcierge Members Posts: 101
    edited February 2011
    The "down low" dudes constantly lookin at you do your thing & that one dude who always wants to talk about some sport/stats from game last night. lol
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    hate when someone asks you a question when you got your ipod in
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    The smell and the left over sweat on the benches and equipments.

I prefer working out at home.
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited February 2011
    I hate it when 4-5 mo-fos are working out together, you know you won't see that machine/bench.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I HATE the fact that I have to drive to get to the gym.

I hate the men who stare or try to talk while I'm in the gym

I hate my laziness
  • Black Cat
    Black Cat Members Posts: 86
    edited February 2011
    I hate the woman who walks around and do lots of rediculous ? naked in the locker room. Do you really need to blow dry your hair naked in front of all these ppl around? I look great naked but I hate walking around naked in the locker room for all to see. Who cares if it's all woman, they are still strangers.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I just hate how it's so crowded right after work and that one dude that always smells like he dipped his ? in Taco mix before hitting the floor.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    -Someone on the machine i need

-Always seein somebody i aint seen in a minute, and having to do the whole 'what u been up to' ? smh

-Acquaintances wantin to talk too long

Thats really it, anything else aint that serious
  • houseofjudah86
    houseofjudah86 Members Posts: 8
    edited February 2011
    i hate those ex football players in the gym that have to make enough noise for everyone to notice them.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I hate when it's too busy.
    I hate when the equipment is ? /covered in sweat.
    I hate when people are in there on their cell phones chillin instead of actually working. Leave your ? phone in the locker!
    I hate when I forgot something. Towel, water bottle, mp3 player etc.
    I hate that ? who is always trying to school you on the best way to exercise.
    I hate people who want to talk to you.
    I hate the women that got a problem with me looking at their ass when theyre on the treadmill.
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    My local gym is pathetic too.