Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Not even gon quote you lol

Who said anything about burnin in hell? lmao What did i say hypocrtiical?

Read my repsonse to Darxwell...you just proved EXACTLY what i said

lmao

Why yall so aggy? Why yall jump to conclusions? Why do yall be havin these microwavable arguments all ready?

Bruh, i am NOT your typical poster on this subject.

Bruh, I dont care what yall think. Why do yall never have that same resolve?

What u eat don't....
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    posters like this come in all the time

they make a statement (such as "Amen to what he said tho")

and then they refuse to back it up when pressed on it

they immediately go to "bruh, i aint got time for this, my ? dont make you eat or wahtever Hov said, im just gonna make liek 156 more posts then i swear im peacin out"
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    **robert downey juniors voice** what do u meannnnnn, u people?

it wouldve been better if the female doing the interview had explained all that but oh well.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Believe in ? , like the Sun up in the sky. Science can tell us how, but it cant tell us why.-J.Cole

But real talk, you seem to be set in your beliefs so no matter what anybody say you not gonna budge. And thats almost respectable in a way, but I would never wanna go through this life strictly having to depend on myself, luck or others.

*Kanye shrug*
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Believe in ? , like the Sun up in the sky. Science can tell us how, but it cant tell us why.-J.Cole

I can see the sun. When I can see something, I dunno, it kind of helps me believe it exists a bit. You know?

And which "why" does science fail to tell us? It tells us why we exist on this planet. It tells us why the planet exists. And the sun. And all kinds of other cool stuff.

And LOL at quoting J. Cole at any time, in any debate on any subject.
    But real talk, you seem to be set in your beliefs so no matter what anybody say you not gonna budge. And thats almost respectable in a way,
    No, I'll gladly change my mind if you can present evidence and arguments that actually make sense. But you can't because you're starting from a ridiculous and childish premise.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

But real talk, you seem to be set in your beliefs so no matter what anybody say you not gonna budge. And thats almost respectable in a way, but I would never wanna go through this life strictly having to depend on myself, luck or others.

*Kanye shrug*

I never liked that. Why do people assume there is a "why"?

and why do they assume the "why" is ? and/or religion?
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options

they immediately go to "bruh, i aint got time for this, my ? dont make you eat or wahtever Hov said, im just gonna make liek 156 more posts then i swear im peacin out"

Oh so now you philosophical? No 'Nas Lost' today, huh? FOH

I aint goin nowhere duke. I choose to relish in the fact we all got free wi---oops, i mean we all can choose to do, say, think, speak, write, type whatever it is we please.

You WANT this argument. You ITCHIN for that ? . lol Ol Steve Young '? this monkey off my back' ass dudes. Yall b havin ? to get off that chest. lmao

Done it too many times...miss me w/ that. What i WILL do is continue to entertain this back n forth...good times

Word to your 'Nas lost' posts i'll Houston my eye before i engage in a debate wit you...
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Back it up with what exactly? Religion is the belief in magical spells based on...........nothing.

You cant ask them to back anything up when there is nothing to back it up with.
    Actually it tells us why all the time.

Science is cause and effect. Science is about STUDYING. U study to find out why.

We know WHY the sun is hot. We know WHY humans evolved. We know WHY the sky is blue.
    Not even gon quote you lol

Who said anything about burnin in hell? lmao What did i say hypocrtiical?

Read my repsonse to Darxwell...you just proved EXACTLY what i said

lmao

Why yall so aggy? Why yall jump to conclusions? Why do yall be havin these microwavable arguments all ready?

Bruh, i am NOT your typical poster on this subject.

Bruh, I dont care what yall think. Why do yall never have that same resolve?

What u eat don't....
    I'm not interested in you as a person. I'm interested in LOGIC...and PROOF.

PROVE your point or go away. Repeating ad nosium that you are right....without giving evidence/reason to support the claim doesnt make you look like a person of faith. It makes you look like a person of low intellect.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So you're willing to converse back and forth... but not about the subject of the thread.

Bruh......
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can see the sun. When I can see something, I dunno, it kind of helps me believe it exists a bit. You know?

And which "why" does science fail to tell us? It tells us why we exist on this planet. It tells us why the planet exists. And the sun. And all kinds of other cool stuff.

And LOL at quoting J. Cole at any time, in any debate on any subject.

No, I'll gladly change my mind if you can present evidence and arguments that actually make sense. But you can't because you're starting from a ridiculous and childish premise.

You want tangible, phsyical evidence, I cant give that to you. Either you believe or you dont. Dont get any simpler than that
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You want tangible, phsyical evidence, I cant give that to you. Either you believe or you dont. Dont get any simpler than that

I wouldn't ask for tangible evidence of a non-corporeal being.

No.

But you can't provide evidence OF ANY KIND for any of your metaphysical claims.

I used to believe. You know why? Because they drilled that ? into me when I was a little kid. The major religions all say that you gotta be fruitful, multiply, and brainwash your offspring as soon as possible, before their brain is solid enough to think logically.

Don't say I don't understand faith. I get it. And that's why I can say it's ridiculous.
  • DarcSkies
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So you're willing to converse back and forth... but not about the subject of the thread.

Bruh......
    People do that when they know they arent intelligent enough to keep up....but they are also too arrogant to know its time to just be quiet & stop digging.
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Back it up with what exactly? Religion is the belief in magical spells based on...........nothing.

You cant ask them to back anything up when there is nothing to back it up with.

Actually it tells us why all the time.

Science is cause and effect. Science is about STUDYING. U study to find out why.

We know WHY the sun is hot. We know WHY humans evolved. We know WHY the sky is blue.
    I'm not interested in you as a person. I'm interested in LOGIC...and PROOF.

PROVE your point or go away. Repeating ad nosium that you are right....without giving evidence/reason to support the claim doesnt make you look like a person of faith. It makes you look like a person of low intellect.

Ahh why not...

Ok. So why/ how are humans here? What is the scientific reason for the origin of life?

Did all animals evolve from 1 animal?

Why is a dog a dog...a cat a cat, etc.

Not condescending, not talking down, not sarcastic, this is a real question.
    Darxwell wrote: »
    People do that when they know they arent intelligent enough to keep up....but they are also too arrogant to know its time to just be quiet & stop digging.

You got the wrong one homeboy...

Edit: Headin to LUNCH...Ill be RIGHT back...so nggas dont think im duckin...i want yall to see this ?
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

lmaoooo
    you believe or you dont? thats it?
    you think you may be brainwashing yourself?
    this is the reasom religions hold belief and faith so highly
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Ok. So why/ how are humans here?
    This is explained in the video in the first post.

Evolution.

You can read all about it, but that would take a small amount of effort, so I figure you're not going to do it.
    What is the scientific reason for the origin of life?
    There are billions upon billions of planets. Just out of sheer statistical probability, millions of them are going to have enough atomic material (hydrogen and carbon, extremely common stuff) to form the bonds that are the chemical basis of DNA. Earth is a planet like this.
    All the life on this planet shares common DNA.
    These are taxonomic classifications (names) we gave to these animals. The reason they form differently is due to genetic differences and natural selection pressures.
    You got the wrong one homeboy...
    Well, from the questions you've asked, it seems like you haven't even heard of the most basic things about biology.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Oh yeah thats usually the golden rule. Gotta have faith. Always wins against evidence, especially when ur gonna be judged by that omnipotent figure. SMH.r

Harvey has been acting like a idiot ever since he wen't bald, probably before then but I was never a fan of the guy in any regards. He also sucks as a Family Feud host.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lmaoooo
    you believe or you dont? thats it?
    you think you may be brainwashing yourself?
    this is the reasom religions hold belief and faith so highly

Lol. Basically. My faith is my faith. He stated that he was a believer and at some point he changed his beliefs. Idk, what brought that about, maybe he took some college courses and it caused him to question somthings. What I believe wont have any bearing in what goes on in some one elses life. Just based on my years of goin to Church and my years of living, that built my faith.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What I believe wont have any bearing in what goes on in some one elses life.

That's fantastic.

Now can you get on the phone and get all the other religious people in the world to have that same attitude?

Get them to stop brainwashing children before they're too old to think for themselves?

Get them to stop recruiting children to be soldiers in the Lord's Revolutionary Army in the Congo?

Get them to stop cutting girl's ? in Islamic regions?

Get them to stop oppressing women all over the globe?

Get them to stop trying people for heresy and blasphemy in their courts?

It's nice that you want to keep your religion to yourself. But be honest. The world don't work that way.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    circumcision is genital mutilation?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As far as Christianity goes, I wouldnt call it brainwashing when you bring a child up in the Church. I just see it as opening a door, and building a possible foundation. I been in Church for as long as I remember, but when I became an adult it was up to me if I wanted to continue and I chose to.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

can I believe in unicorns and the lochness monster???

technically you can't say I'm wrong/crazy right.....
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's fantastic.

Now can you get on the phone and get all the other religious people in the world to have that same attitude?

Get them to stop brainwashing children before they're too old to think for themselves?

Get them to stop recruiting children to be soldiers in the Lord's Revolutionary Army in the Congo?

Get them to stop cutting girl's ? in Islamic regions?

Get them to stop oppressing women all over the globe?

Get them to stop trying people for heresy and blasphemy in their courts?

It's nice that you want to keep your religion to yourself. But be honest. The world don't work that way.

this would be a good idea
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Religion isn't the problem. Man is the problem. If everybody had the same beliefs and were the same race they would still be conflict no matter what.
  • DarcSkies
    edited February 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Ahh why not...

Ok. So why/ how are humans here? What is the scientific reason for the origin of life?

Not condescending, not talking down, not sarcastic, this is a real question.
    I cant explain that ? to you in one post what biology majors take 1 and 2 semesters to know. That would take a titangraph that you're not even going to read anyway...but ? it...here we go (briefly).

But the jist of it is humans are here because we have a common ancestor from Africa. Things/animals evolved over time and depending on the environment & DNA you adapt to that change via mutations. The adaptations in ppl that survive are passed on (i.e. if your father had a bald spot and your Mother's brother have bald spots...u will too...if your Mom is tall and your Dad is tall...u will be tall) because those traits are past on from those who have survived.

Why is a dog a dog?
    = Because whatever environment the dog's ancestors came from passed on the genes that made them dogs. Same as you're a human being because thats what your parents are.

The DNA/Chromosomes your Mom & Dad gave each other = YOU

Also...Im not so much arguing that I am 100 percent right and anybody who doesnt agree with me is an idiot. Im simply saying that there is PROOF that evolution is at least MOSTLY correct and creation has been all but debunked.

BECAUSE IF MONKEYS, CHIMPS AND GORRILLAS DIDNT ALL COME FROM A COMMON ANCESTOR:

Baby_with_tail.jpg

^^^ WHY WAS THAT BABY BORN WITH A TAIL??
    ?
    ....the answer is a genetic hiccup. Same as you can have your great great great great grandfather's eyes because sometimes traits skip several generations.

human_tails_10.jpg

human_tails_08.jpg

The proof is there man...now some have said that "OK evolution is real but ? did it." But the Bible said ? made humans out of thin air and dust. Not stardust but....DIRT & RIB. So thats no excuse.
  • S2J
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is explained in the video in the first post.

Evolution.

You can read all about it, but that would take a small amount of effort, so I figure you're not going to do it.

There are billions upon billions of planets. Just out of sheer statistical probability, millions of them are going to have enough atomic material (hydrogen and carbon, extremely common stuff) to form the bonds that are the chemical basis of DNA. Earth is a planet like this.

All the life on this planet shares common DNA.

These are taxonomic classifications (names) we gave to these animals. The reason they form differently is due to genetic differences and natural selection pressures.

Well, from the questions you've asked, it seems like you haven't even heard of the most basic things about biology.

The second you stop insulting my intelligence this will be done with.

Well aware of those premises. Didnt need to watch a youtube video to know that, also.

Get more finite than that. Get to the crux

Evolved, from what...what is the origin. Hydrogen and carbon made life? Ok, well what is hyrdogen? What is carbon?

And before you answer, no i dont literally mean what is it...i mean why is it here? Why is hydrogen the most abundant element in the universe? Why do 2 hyrgogen atoms + 1 oxygen atom = water?

All the science in the world can not break down enough for you. You can not get finite enough. Something has to be first.

Do you know what circular cause and consequence is? lol Ill wait for you to google it.

You cant escape it.

How did x get here? From a+ b. Well how did a get here? From z + d. How did z get here?How did x get here? From a+ b. Well how did a get here? From z + d. How did z get here? How did x get here? From a+ b. Well how did a get here? From z + d. How did z get here? How did x get here? From a+ b. Well how did a get here? From z + d. How did z get here?
This discussion has been closed.