Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you lollin, but you believe a ? gonna burn in hell forever and ever

hypocritical, bruh

anyway, harvey was like "evolution? well then why monkeys?"

and it was explained that that's not how evolution works.

harvey was like "planets? how get there?"

and it was explained that gravity takes care of it.

harvey was like "atheism? idiots with no morals."

and like 15 genius atheists who donate billions of dollars to charity proved him wrong.

take the L, bruh. it's cool.

i believe that everyone has their own right to believe in what they want to... but if thats the case... where do stars come from.. and where does gravity come from?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. i cant believe this ? kanggoodie actually wants to re-fuel this conversation

2. i feel bad for this dude that the Texan education system didn't teach him ? about astronomy and physics
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    where do stars come from.. and where does gravity come from?

lmao

it's 2011, you're an adult, and you are asking these questions?

have you ever gone to the library in your entire life?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dude still viewing the thread

watch, i bet he makes a really dumb post

watch
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh, he bounced

must've read that post

lmao
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited May 2011
    Options
    now he back, watch
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    i believe that everyone has their own right to believe in what they want to... but if thats the case... where do stars come from.. and where does gravity come from?
    Having the "right" to believe in something doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

Stars basically come from collapses of interstellar gas clouds. And gravity comes from anything with mass; likely as a result of the mass curving space-time.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Half of New Testament forged, Bible scholar says

By John Blake, CNN

(CNN) - A frail man sits in chains inside a dank, cold prison cell. He has escaped death before but now realizes that his execution is drawing near.

“I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come,” the man –the Apostle Paul - says in the Bible's 2 Timothy. “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.”

The passage is one of the most dramatic scenes in the New Testament. Paul, the most prolific New Testament author, is saying goodbye from a Roman prison cell before being beheaded. His goodbye veers from loneliness to defiance and, finally, to joy.

There’s one just one problem - Paul didn’t write those words. In fact, virtually half the New Testament was written by impostors taking on the names of apostles like Paul. At least according to Bart D. Ehrman, a renowned biblical scholar, who makes the charges in his new book “Forged.”

“There were a lot of people in the ancient world who thought that lying could serve a greater good,” says Ehrman, an expert on ancient biblical manuscripts.In “Forged,” Ehrman claims that:

* At least 11 of the 27 New Testament books are forgeries.

* The New Testament books attributed to Jesus’ disciples could not have been written by them because they were illiterate.

* Many of the New Testament’s forgeries were manufactured by early Christian leaders trying to settle theological feuds.

:cool:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/13/half-of-new-testament-forged-bible-scholar-says/

The rest of the article's pretty good too, if you wanna read it. Naturally, there are other scholars who don't agree with Ehrman, but he seems dead serious about making this case.

Just food for thought.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    oh, he bounced

must've read that post

lmao

lol dude i aint run from you... .in all honesty.. it was a friday.. i was at work... and it was the weekend.. i actually enjoy my weekend instead of being on forums.. i dont appreciate you downin the texas education system... i didnt literally mean how are stars formed .. i was saying what forms gravity... and naw i didnt mean to ask it rhetorically either.. i have actually read somewhere that just how the universe spontaneously appeared... so can an ? -like form.... imma look for the article... and im not saying im right about ? ... i think both religous people andd atheist have good points of view.. im tryna play devils advocate mane...
This discussion has been closed.