They both are classics but......N.O.R.E. or Melvin Flynt da Hustla???????

Options
#sneakerhead
#sneakerhead Members Posts: 665
edited February 2011 in The Face Off Forum
which one was better??????????????

N.O.R.E. (a few standout tracks)
Melvin Flynt(a few standout tracks)

Comments

• $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Props for this. I was listening to N.O.R.E. this morning. I dug out the old cassette tape. For real. A cassette.

Gotta' vote for N.O.R.E. I got both, but I liked N.O.R.E. better than Melvin Flynt. And the Jungle skits are hilarious.
  • #sneakerhead
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Props for this. I was listening to N.O.R.E. this morning. I dug out the old cassette tape. For real. A cassette.

Gotta' vote for N.O.R.E. I got both, but I liked N.O.R.E. better than Melvin Flynt. And the Jungle skits are hilarious.

yea i gotta go wit N.O.R.E. too......and i didnt even know people still had cassettes...haha.( i had dat sht on cassette too tho!!!)
  • $ineedmoney$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yea i gotta go wit N.O.R.E. too......and i didnt even know people still had cassettes...haha.( i had dat sht on cassette too tho!!!)

And it snapped the first year I bought it and I surgically put it back together with scotch tape. LOL I got a bunch of cassettes. I have more cds than cassettes though.

Banned From TV, N.O.R.E., Hed, It's Not A Game, 40 Island, Animal Thug Interlude, The Change, Super Thug, Da Story, The Assignment, Body In The Trunk, One Love is all my ? . Fiesta ft. Kid Capri annoys the ? outta' me though. I cringed this morning when that track came on.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Classics my G? Nore rode his wave and made good for self after CNN. But Classics?
  • #sneakerhead
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And it snapped the first year I bought it and I surgically put it back together with scotch tape. LOL I got a bunch of cassettes. I have more cds than cassettes though.

Banned From TV, N.O.R.E., Hed, It's Not A Game, 40 Island, Animal Thug Interlude, The Change, Super Thug, Da Story, The Assignment, Body In The Trunk, One Love is all my ? . Fiesta ft. Kid Capri annoys the ? outta' me though. I cringed this morning when that track came on.

i know wat u mean.....that song terrible!!!!
  • $ineedmoney$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Classics my G? Nore rode his wave and made good for self after CNN. But Classics?

N.O.R.E. is the closest to a classic solo that Noreaga is ever gonna' get boss.
  • #sneakerhead
    edited February 2011
    Options

yea. to me bruh....they both classics
  • $ineedmoney$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i know wat u mean.....that song terrible!!!!

I think Kid Capri broke this record at the Tunnel too. LMAO!! You know Kid Capri thought that Fiesta ? was hot to deff!! LOL That was a epic fail of a party track. That track would even run hoodrats off the dance floor.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited February 2011
    Options
    N.O.R.E. is the closest to a classic solo that Noreaga is ever gonna' get boss.

Dig It. I am asking are these albums really classics? I think Nore surprised many with the quality he was able to put together. Sometimes was my ? . But Classics is stretching it.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yea. to me bruh....they both classics

Peace can't argue that my G.
  • #sneakerhead
    edited February 2011
    Options

i mean they not in the same league as a reasonable doubt or aquemini....but there is different levels of "classic"(if dat make sense...hahaha) in this case i mean both albums (n.o.r.e.,melvin flynt) have classic material...once again if that makes sense!!!!!
  • $ineedmoney$
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dig It. I am asking are these albums really classics? I think Nore surprised many with the quality he was able to put together. Sometimes was my ? . But Classics is stretching it.

Yeah I agree it's a stretch. But it's a well deserved stretch. LOL That album bangs.
  • #sneakerhead
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think Kid Capri broke this record at the Tunnel too. LMAO!! You know Kid Capri thought that Fiesta ? was hot to deff!! LOL That was a epic fail of a party track. That track would even run hoodrats off the dance floor.

bruh.... i literally was lol wen i read this^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Kwan Dai
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah I agree it's a stretch. But it's a well deserved stretch. LOL That album bangs.

I can agree with that. Knowing what the dude came from it was good to the see the homie make good. That dude would have me cracking up. He was funny without even trying.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    N.O.R.E was a solid album no classic in my opinion....didnt really like melvin flynt
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    both classics? ? PLZ

Melvin Flynt was overall, TRASH..

he had some good cuts on there...but for the most part that album sucked

But, "sometimes" is my ? ...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nore no comp even nore himself in a song said mfdh was a dud
  • #sneakerhead
    edited February 2011
    Options
    once again, let me b clear on wat i meant by "classics"....
    i didnt mean "classic" n the true sense of the word ....n this case i meant both albums (n.o.r.e.,melvin flynt) have "classic material"...truth b told i didnt think melvin flynt was that good an album....but it got classic songs(sometimes,blood money 3 etc.)....but N.O.R.E. was just a few songs off from being a classic...which means i could argue it is a classic!!!!but i respect all yall input...i guess yall just wont feelin the sht like me.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    neither is classic but nore is the better album
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Neither is classic and NORE is way better between the 2. Even Nore himself called Melvyn Flynt "Half-assed album". It should have ended on track no.13, cause everything later sucked ass.