Cheap durable heaphones for exercise/running?

-Karl-
-Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Weight Room
I'm looking for some good quality sport headphones to use with my 3G shuffle since the standard ones that come with it short out and stop working whenever I sweat.

I guess I'll have to buy an adaptor too.

Any reccomendations?

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I like the dub audio ones. They're like ten bucks at target.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I have these. They're loud as hell and just $20 and they don't fall out of my ears when I run B. They are called the Sony Active Series.

sonyactiveseries.jpg
  • -Karl-
    edited February 2011
    I like the dub audio ones. They're like ten bucks at target.

Aint no Target in the UK!
  • -Karl-
    edited February 2011
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    I have these. They're loud as hell and just $20 and they don't fall out of my ears when I run B. They are called the Sony Active Series.

sonyactiveseries.jpg

Cool. I'll check them out.

Thanks.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    -Karl- wrote: »
    Aint no Target in the UK!

My bad Karl!!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    THIS is a great thread! Good lookin out ILL....Imma look for those on Amazon. This is one of the biggest problems I always have smh my headphones always fall out of my ears and I STAYYY buying diff ones but none work

EDIT: They are on sale for 14 bucks on Amazon right now--FYI
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    190A9kPmB7VcrnsugmnujdiT2yp5-d-WKPHYR5gATtH8CzX_fx5dEvv_dQLpNzMVySoi6FYfvDWLFTgN7i-OS5tHoY596XHBe32e_V0aTxr3O8lxgH0DEFdLNOdCbSxNz0GpyQHSweVgh5nHxKHcjKTjFF24TRE2Kw

these are the ones I was talking about. I think amazon sells them too.

EDA: Skullcandy is the brand
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited February 2011
    190A9kPmB7VcrnsugmnujdiT2yp5-d-WKPHYR5gATtH8CzX_fx5dEvv_dQLpNzMVySoi6FYfvDWLFTgN7i-OS5tHoY596XHBe32e_V0aTxr3O8lxgH0DEFdLNOdCbSxNz0GpyQHSweVgh5nHxKHcjKTjFF24TRE2Kw

I use the same ones just different color scheme.

I always had problems with the Iphone ones but with these even when running sprints they don't fall out.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    desi wrote: »
    I use the same ones just different color scheme.

I always had problems with the Iphone ones but with these even when running sprints they don't fall out.

I have some purple ones too. I hated the ones that came with the ipod. no problems at all with these and they sound really good for some $10 headphones, right?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

Man I can't get those sort of things to stay in my ears for ? even lifting weights. I'd be like hell ya I'm about to lift this ? "starts lifting" right side falls off" WTF...Besides I bike a lot in the spring/summer and mine stay in place never a problem.

@ Dee yo you stay on Amazon huh? Go to the store yo what you have flashbacks of getting sent to the Bodega for everything back in the day or something. There 19.99 at RadioShack
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited February 2011
    I have some purple ones too. I hated the ones that came with the ipod. no problems at all with these and they sound really good for some $10 headphones, right?

My ipod ones stayed falling out, use to ? me off. The sound quality is good. I only use them for working out.

J-Gutta, I lift weights with these ones, i don't have a problem with them but before I got these ones, they stayed falling out.

Skullcandy makes really good headphones for a affordable price, check out their site, might find something you like.
  • -Karl-
    edited February 2011
    I opted for these in the end. Best value shipping inside the UK.

Water resistent, good reviews etc.

41TP9De%2B9DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Had to get one of these too.

belkin-shuffle-adapter.jpg

My only other headphones are bose over-ears. Not really suitable for gym. Gym without music is WOAT. My local gym plays garbage music too.