Ok I gotta address this about TNA....

Options

Comments

• ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TNA fell off HARD in 07, ironically the same year Russo was back to booking. You do the math
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the people who dont like TNA fall into 4 categories:

1. they dont actually watch the show (AKA those mentioning Hogan/Flair when neither has had a huge role, especially Hogan since he has been on TNA twice in..4 months)

2. they watch one or two times (which isnt enough time to actually get into the storylines) and then dismiss it

3. they are brainwashed by the WWE wrestling model and therefore will never accept anything else

4. they hate Hogan/Bischoff for more than likely a very stupid or illegitimate reason
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »

1. they dont actually watch the show (AKA those mentioning Hogan/Flair when neither has had a huge role, especially Hogan since he has been on TNA twice in..4 months)

2. they watch one or two times (which isnt enough time to actually get into the storylines) and then dismiss it

3. they are brainwashed by the WWE wrestling model and therefore will never accept anything else

4. they hate Hogan/Bischoff for more than likely a very stupid or illegitimate reason

or the fact that the show was never really that good. what happened to that tough talk about goin @ the wwe a year or so ago? i might be wrong, but i could've sworn hogan stated they were movin to monday nights to compete against raw. what happened?
  • riddlerap
    edited February 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    or the fact that the show was never really that good. what happened to that tough talk about goin @ the wwe a year or so ago? i might be wrong, but i could've sworn hogan stated they were movin to monday nights to compete against raw. what happened?

TNA doesnt have that kind of money. they went to Mondays and their ratings were pretty good when they did LIVE shows, but they only did them every 2 weeks. so the other weeks were a taped show on Monday going against a LIVE Raw and it was terrible. they switched back.

you should know that popularity does not equal quality. (look at the music industry and what is most popular on the radio) WWE has the advantage of having 50+ years of name recognition and fanbase build up.

TNA's in-ring talent is a lot better, and the wrestling is better than in WWE. some may argue the storylines arent as good, but actually since about March or April they've been having a very long and intricate storyline that has been interesting as hell. i think most people complaining about their storylines are people who arent willing to get over that it isnt WWE, and that there isnt a HUGE crowd to tell you how to feel constantly, so they stop watching.

all i know is that i began watching in November or December of 2009 when i heard Hogan was coming, and i hated almost every wrestler and thought TNA was trash. by January, when Hogan came, i already was liking certain guys and now they are some of my favorites of all time. (AJ Styles, at least)
  • riddlerap
    edited February 2011
    Options

if you have some extra time. the production quality of this video is amazing, and they are thinking of taping iMPACT in this fashion in the future. or maybe slowly implementing it.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would watch tna more if it had it's own identity an didn't feel like a poor wwe
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've always watched Raw and I watched Smackdown for tha first time in years a few weeks ago when Booker T was on there. I've tried to watch TNA a few times, if I catch it on TV I try to watch it. I just can't get into it man, their overall quality is terrible. I've seen some good matches and it's cool seein some of tha old heads on there but tha company just doesn't have "it". Their camera angles and acting during backstage segments is some real amature looking ? . Beer Money? Ink Inc? I can't take those names seriously.. Shark Boy? Curry Man? I know WWE has Santino and tha little dude but TNA should be learning from WWE's mistakes to make TNA a beter show. WWE has been pretty wack for years now, but from what I've seen TNA has done nothing but bite off of WWE, making them twice as bad off that alone. TNA is 90% trash to me. Without tha few good matches and some good wrestlers on there it'd be at 100%.

If you think TNA is tha better show, explain.. cuz I don't see how they can compete at tha same level as WWE.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Idk man, like a lot of ppl I've became disappointed in the direction that the WWE has been going in their product. So I've been waiting and hoping for a competitor to come along because we all know competition cause u to step your game up. Look at wcw vs wwf. That's why I said earlier in the thread that tna needs to holla at Paul Heyman because the booking and storylines just ain't grabbing my attention.

I want tna to do well. Their in ring talent is way better than the WWE but that's about it.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For me, it's ever since they went back to the regular ring, I couldn't ? with it. They ? on their own x-division, the knock outs used to go hard in fact madison rayne was the worst female wrestler now she's the champ? Why the hell would you split up the dudley boys? Jeff hardey, a heel? That dude was too over, why would they do that? I love the industry and it pains me to say this but unless they start doing something differently, they'll get buried and not like wcw, there's not going to be anything left of tna to buy. Then there's only going to be the nobodies of wwe to watch. The Miz? Seriously?
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For me, it's ever since they went back to the regular ring, I couldn't ? with it. They ? on their own x-division, the knock outs used to go hard in fact madison rayne was the worst female wrestler now she's the champ? Why the hell would you split up the dudley boys? Jeff hardey, a heel? That dude was too over, why would they do that? I love the industry and it pains me to say this but unless they start doing something differently, they'll get buried and not like wcw, there's not going to be anything left of tna to buy. Then there's only going to be the nobodies of wwe to watch. The Miz? Seriously?

I think they switched over to tha 4 corner ring so WWE fans would feel more familiar with it when they tuned in.. They switched that up right before they went on Monday nights to compete with Raw didn't they? (that lasted long, lol)

@ bolded.. I agree with that, Even though they need to switch ? up every once in a while it doesn't make sense to me. Especially tha Dudley's, it's gonna ? both of their careers up in tha long run even if one of them gets over for a while on tha solo tip.. After this rivalry is over they won't have much to work with storyline wise. They probably don't have much left in them any way though. and I can't even take Jeff Hardy serious as a heel.

@ underlined.. True.. True
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was a TNA stan since they first debuted on Fox Sports, i remember how good TNA was from 05-06. Then once Russo started booking again in 07 everything went in the toilet. "On a Pole" Matches and "Last Rites" matches. Just a bunch of dumb ? . Christian Cage was GOAT in TNA. After he screwed sting out the title, They NEVER had a match to follow up. Bad Booking Decisions.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hogan/Bischoff held Chris Benoit back in WCW and that lead directly to him killing his wife and son.
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited February 2011
    Options

False.
    TNA has alot of faults, but it seems to me you just dont want to come to terms with it.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    they need to throw the bank at paul heyman.......asap

co sign.....
  • riddlerap
    edited February 2011
    Options
    False.
    TNA has alot of faults, but it seems to me you just dont want to come to terms with it.

no wrestling company has ever been perfect. TNA keeps me entertained with in-ring action and storylines.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dog if you enjoy tna's storylines, you are a ? maniac
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    no wrestling company has ever been perfect. TNA keeps me entertained with in-ring action and storylines.

first person i've ever heard say that
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Their Storylines are HORRIBLE though, they always overcomplicate ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited February 2011
    Options
    last storyline i heard from tna was jeff jarrett banging kurt angels wife
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    last storyline i heard from tna was jeff jarrett banging kurt angels wife

more than that.......Double J married her, fo real fo real

and the current storyline is that since JJ beat Angle at the last PPV, Angle has to give Karen away as JJ and Karen renew their vows.

One of my gripes with TNA is that the writers can't make up their minds on who is heel and who is face. Dudes like Pope switch sides every 3rd month like dudes in the WWE changes titles every 3rd month.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's hard to grab TNA because it feels like WCW Thunder, and I'm not hating on the product or the company.

Back in the day, when the WWE/WWF failed with some of their matches, you had Nitro to switch over to and enjoy, and vice versa. With TNA coming on some time during the middle of the week (honestly I have no idea nor interest in finding out when), there is no rush to watch it, nothing to switch in between aside from changing the channel completely if you get bored with what you watch, or simply have a commercial break.

Then you have the old WWE and WCW wrestlers coming from said companies gaining pushes and title runs. Christian, Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy to name a few, to come from one company to another and are champion doesn't state that this company treats you right, it states that the company you came from was superior to this one and that winning their (TNA's) belt was just that easy. It made them second-tier in my opinion, which is the downside of signing them, because they demand the respect to be given, as well as bookers and promoters feeling the need to give them that push to appease them.

They need to take a page from old ECW's book, build wrestlers, display their talents, and let them go off to other companies to mid-card but impress for a while, become that underground organization that they were supposed to be and grow from there.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    they have a ? belt

? tna
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

and the current storyline is that since JJ beat Angle at the last PPV, Angle has to give Karen away as JJ and Karen renew their vows.

One of my gripes with TNA is that the writers can't make up their minds on who is heel and who is face. Dudes like Pope switch sides every 3rd month like dudes in the WWE changes titles every 3rd month.

aint that some ?
  • riddlerap
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

yeah but Pope is wack as ? . the majority of the important wrestlers only turned once last year. not that often if you ask me.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't think Pope is wack; he just needs direction. If he keeps changing face every 90 days, he has no direction. The same goes for Matt Morgan. I like Matt Morgan, he's big, athletic, and can talk; but the writers don't know what to do with him. Just last summer, he almost accidentally by default became TNA Champion because all the top stars had personal issues to deal with and it was that bad that it seemed like TNA would have to put the belt on him. And then they keep putting him in groups as the muscle, then the group disbands, then he's solo again, but is he face or heel, then he's face, but 2 weeks later, swerves and he's heel again aligning with a heel group, then he gets jumped out the group, thus making him face, but he tags with a heel wrestler...........? is overcomplicated.

Just last night, Flair is out there with AJ and what does he do........? Turn on AJ and aligns himself with Matt Hardy. So does that make the mouthpiece of Fortune, a face group, a part of the heel faction of Immortal, or whatever group Hardy is a part of? ? is all over the place.

Then there's Abyss, who gets turned on every 4th month, beaten and bloodied up. It's so common place for this dude to get pummeled, it's not even shocking anymore. At least when Mankind got destroyed, it was on PPV a couple times a year, to make it more memorable. Abyss gets destroyed every other week and takes a huge bump during the PPVs, ? 's diluted.

The WWE doesn't even catch my eye due to their storylines as well. The gimmicks are terrible, and no one has direction. Certain guys don't earn their way to the top, they are given the reigns because they are the flavor of the month. It's like they rush a guy and force him down our throats so they won't miss that boat of making a new star. But they ? on the titles by doing that, but the WWE doesn't care about titles as much as the kids do. Kids think that if this or that guy has a belt, they are the ? , and since they think that, the WWE takes advantage and runs with it.