For the people who go to church, do ya'll really give 10 percent of your income?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
To be honest, i ain't been to church in a good 11 years since denouncing religion as a whole, but 10 percent is a ton of damn money when i think of it. Say i make 4K a month, that's 400 dollars a month, that's a car payment or cable and electric bill where i stay. Do ya'll just generally give what you can or do you honestly donate 10 percent?

I couldn't ever see me doing that ? , especially in these times of economic uncertainty!

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yea I do...each check i get, i write a check for my tithes...and at the end of the year i get a statement from my church to file taxes with
  • Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I give what I can...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    yea I do...each check i get, i write a check for my tithes...and at the end of the year i get a statement from my church to file taxes with

Do me a favor man. Next time you go to church, ask you pastor to SHOW YOU where IN THE BIBLE its says that you are suppose to give ten percent of each one of your paychecks to the church. Ok?
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    vboy513 wrote: »
    Do me a favor man. Next time you go to church, ask you pastor to SHOW YOU where IN THE BIBLE its says that you are suppose to give ten percent of each one of your paychecks to the church. Ok?

i don't do favors
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i don't do favors[/QUOTE]

Well, do it for yourself then bruh.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its in there fool

Well then show me where, because the passage I think you are referring to does not say that. Thithes came from crops and were to be used to teacha fear of ? . The individual was suppose to use them. Not the pastor.....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The church is front for illegal activities, tax free money and don't nobody where that ? goes to. Yep, sounds legal to me and there is a church on every ? block!
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i don know where its@

and you not about to make me do stuff

Everyone is so defensive lol my bad then bruh. But ill show you then...

Deu 14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Deu 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy ? , in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy ? always.

Another thing, all these pastors are hypocrites for supporting tithing, which is an OT law, but ignoring all the rest.....
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    reason i stay away from these types of religious debates, because unless you agree with the attacker.. they're going to dismiss whatever you tell them....

well, bible aside, my church does a lot for the community and the members alike.. we offer a lot of programs... we're constantly building, they're not even charging me for my wedding, not to mention the upkeep of the building and the energy bills, we give stuff to the kids for back to school , baskets and stuff liek that for the holidays...we have bible college, leadership classes, and several other auxiallry meetings where we purchase books and bible commentaries and whatever... my mother often does the bulliten boards and other decorations around the church herself, and whenever she turns in her receits for whatever materials she purchases the church reimburses her.. infact everything everybody turns receipts for the church reimburses.. not to mention all the new computers in the computer lab and the internet...

basically what i'm saying is i'm extremely active in my church, and i enjoy seeing it grow, because i feel confident in the direction it's going.. so giving 10 percent of my chech to support that is more than fine with me, i have no objections whatsoever...

if someone goes to church and doesn't feel like they should give tithes (which MANY MANY MANY members do) fine that's on them.. and if someone who deosn't even go to church feels like it's stupid to tithe...again that's fine that's on them.....

but if i feel that i should tithe.. then that's whassup, that's what i want to do with my money, and i will continue to do it...

to call a pastor a hypocrite for supporting tithing is stupid as hell when i can proimise you not every member of every church ithes, and not ever pastor kicks members out for not tithing....

people stay not doing what's asked of them....
    but whatever...
  • jellybean84
    jellybean84 Confirm Email Posts: 1,560
    edited February 2011
    Options
    :D @ Du
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jesus don't want your ten percent. He wants U
  • GaryArnold
    GaryArnold Members Posts: 20
    edited February 2011
    Options
    NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE pays the Biblical tithe today.

Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18: The First Tithe - a tenth of crops and animals and commanded to take the tithe to the Levites.

Deuteronomy 14:22-27: The Second Tithe aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29: The Third Tithe aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.

Now, tell me. Which of the above three tithes commanded by ? does anyone follow today?

The ONLY people in the Old Testament that were commanded to tithe were those who INHERITED THE PROMISED LAND WITH EVERYTHING ON IT. They got the land, house, animals, crops, etc. ALL FREE AND CLEAR. No mortgage payment or rent to pay. And THEY were commanded to tithe on the crops and animals and take it to the Levites who INHERITED the tithe INSTEAD OF the promised land with everything on it. No one else tithed. Wage earners did not tithe. Jesus didn’t tithe. Paul didn’t tithe. Peter didn’t tithe.

Tithing on one's income is a scam that started in 1870 and continues to be taught by ignorant and/or dishonest pastors today. The Biblical tithe was NEVER on anyone's income or money. It was ONLY on ? 'S miraculous increase of crops and animals. NOTHING ELSE.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    GaryArnold wrote: »
    NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE pays the Biblical tithe today.

Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18: The First Tithe - a tenth of crops and animals and commanded to take the tithe to the Levites.

Deuteronomy 14:22-27: The Second Tithe aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29: The Third Tithe aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.

Now, tell me. Which of the above three tithes commanded by ? does anyone follow today?

The ONLY people in the Old Testament that were commanded to tithe were those who INHERITED THE PROMISED LAND WITH EVERYTHING ON IT. They got the land, house, animals, crops, etc. ALL FREE AND CLEAR. No mortgage payment or rent to pay. And THEY were commanded to tithe on the crops and animals and take it to the Levites who INHERITED the tithe INSTEAD OF the promised land with everything on it. No one else tithed. Wage earners did not tithe. Jesus didn’t tithe. Paul didn’t tithe. Peter didn’t tithe.

Tithing on one's income is a scam that started in 1870 and continues to be taught by ignorant and/or dishonest pastors today. The Biblical tithe was NEVER on anyone's income or money. It was ONLY on ? 'S miraculous increase of crops and animals. NOTHING ELSE.

well damn.....
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Look I can understand if tha church is a big part of your life, and you feel like giving them money here n there. Maybe they need to fix something.. cool, give them a few bucks if you like them like that. But 10% of your money? LOL, that's all tha makings of a scam. "We need to expand" ? that, go EARN tha money like everybody else who wants to "expand". They use your blind trust in them to make their lives better / easier. Where does tha excess money go after giveaways and all that ? ? To pay Jesus' rent? Is ? feeling tha recession? What about when tha pastor pulls up in his expensive ass car or lives a nice ass house off tha peoples money? You're cool with that? I swear... that's just stupid.