The Notorious BIG VS Lil Wayne

Comments

• Shaki Entertainment
    Shaki Entertainment Members Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    i respect both rappers in what they have brought to music and art in general... check me out at www.youtube.com/shakientertainment and tell me if you think i'm changing the game ;)
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    every thread you make has something to do with wayne. you kidding me?

wayne, gucci and wacka should not be co-signed
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited May 2010
    quality over quantity. Plus wayne has no flow.

EDIT: oh, I already responded to this thread before lmao. And itzgravitation...if you don't know ? about statistics you should go read a book on it or eat a ? , whichever suits you better.
  • bigpoppa1115
    bigpoppa1115 Members Posts: 174
    edited May 2010
    so Wayne ddnt drop the best mixtapes of 05, 06, 07, 08, and 09?
    who had better mixtaps?

1. the mixtape game didn't exist when Big was coming up...2. Mixtapes are overrated and do not factor in anything when it comes to a legacy. especially for "mainstream" artists. 3. this is the worst comparison of all time. Big Would slaughter Wayne and his 2 albums would ? on anything wayne will ever do. 4. Wayne is the most overrated rapper of all time. or one of the most overrated.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    BIG has some garbage songs
    hell every rapper has a bad day
    and if Lupe can be compared to BIG so can Wayne
    afterall Wayne>>>Lupe
    Wayne has more albums than BIG and just as many classics
    cant forget to factor in the classic mixtapes and the proof is in your face

Lupe over Wayne anyday. another stupid comparison.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    1. the mixtape game didn't exist when Big was coming up...2. Mixtapes are overrated and do not factor in anything when it comes to a legacy. especially for "mainstream" artists. 3. this is the worst comparison of all time. Big Would slaughter Wayne and his 2 albums would ? on anything wayne will ever do. 4. Wayne is the most overrated rapper of all time. or one of the most overrated.

I admit Wayne aint as good as he appeared when he had the mixtape and feature game on locc all those years.
    But some of Wayne's mixtapes>>>BIGs albums.
    imo The Carter and C2>>>>BiIGs two albums.
    btw BIG is more overatd than Wayne.
    Dude dont deserve to be called a legend like Pac.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    I admit Wayne aint as good as he appeared when he had the mixtape and feature game on locc all those years.
    But some of Wayne's mixtapes>>>BIGs albums.
    imo The Carter and C2>>>>BiIGs two albums.
    btw BIG is more overatd than Wayne.
    Dude dont deserve to be called a legend like Pac.

Dude come on. You can't factor mixtapes because they didn't come into play when 50 came up. They just had demo tapes then. sort of a mixtape but not really. Lyrically this isn't even a fair comparison. Big never had to keep on saying he was the greatest alive (yeah he said Biggie smalls is the illest) but he let others say he was dope and then started to claim the throne. unlike wayne who when Jay-Z "retired" started calling himself the best. no one ever said Wayne was top 20 when the Carter came out. that's just truth.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    * I meant "until 50 came up"
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    honestly, Big's 2 verses on Victory> anything Wayne has ever put out. that's just how I feel.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    alot of people say Wayne is the best currently.
    So the people have spoken.
    You cant take mixtapes from dude cuz like i said, dude mixtapes ? on BIGs albums and alot of other ? albums.
    Drought 3>>>>BIGs life
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    16 year old teens say that he's the best. and you dodged my point about no one saying he was the best until he said it. people were calling big the best after he dropped Ready to Die. after one album. and you can't front..Wayne is a fake Blood. never did anything. 10 years old and already had a deal. no way he was out making moves on the streets and doing what he says he did.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    16 year old teens say that he's the best. and you dodged my point about no one saying he was the best until he said it. people were calling big the best after he dropped Ready to Die. after one album. and you can't front..Wayne is a fake Blood. never did anything. 10 years old and already had a deal. no way he was out making moves on the streets and doing what he says he did.

gangbanging at got ? to do with Hip Hop.
    We all know BIG was no gangster either.
    BIG is only called best in NY or on the East Coast.
    Rarely will a West Coast or SOuthern fan say BIG is the best and i doubt it was differet when dude dropped.
    Like i said, BIG dont deserve to be called a legend in Hip Hop cuz dude aint put in enough work.
    The media just forced that idead on people and now children who know nothing of BIG be saying he a legend.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    yeah but you brought in Big's Life. and I just brought in Wayne's.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    Dude didn't put in enough work because he was MURDERED and didn't expect to die. How can you hold death against big? that's just crazy. Besides he was only going to put out 5 or 6 albums. and leave music early.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    didnt stop Pac from putting in work.
    Dude is overated ppoint blank.
    Wayne is not.
    Wayne has a solid collection of albums and mixtapes.
    BIG has rwo albums only.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    Dude didn't put in enough work because he was MURDERED and didn't expect to die. How can you hold death against big? that's just crazy. Besides he was only going to put out 5 or 6 albums. and leave music early.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    didnt stop Pac from putting in work.
    Dude is overated ppoint blank.
    Wayne is not.
    Wayne has a solid collection of albums and mixtapes.
    BIG has rwo albums only.

Pac always said that he didn't expect to live past 30. he lived life like he was going to die. that's why he put in work. Big went another route. he chilled and made music when he wanted to because he didn't expect to die and didn't want to so he could take care of his kids. dude was a boss. why rush to make music when you don't feel like you're not going to live past 30?
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    Pac always said that he didn't expect to live past 30. he lived life like he was going to die. that's why he put in work. Big went another route. he chilled and made music when he wanted to because he didn't expect to die and didn't want to so he could take care of his kids. dude was a boss. why rush to make music when you don't feel like you're not going to live past 30?

well with an album called Ready To Die you would think he had that in ind.
    Dude was overated. Its no excuse for that.
    Dude does not deserve to be called a legend because he didnt put in enough work. There's no excuse for that.
    With that being said, good night.
  • bigpoppa1115
    edited May 2010
    and you just proved that you don't know about what the album title meant...
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    So what did the album title mean?
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    the idea of comparing Weezy to Biggie is pure blasphemy!!

Dr Dres the Chronic and then Biggies Ready To Die showed all these ? after them how to to take ? hip hop and still keep it street but flip it to its the new pop music and dont water it down!!!

The conversation should be whos the best compared to somone in there class. comparing Biggie to Pac or to Jay Z or the lyrical titans Kane, Kool G Rap a young NAS, Eminem gets rated high but WEEZY??
    i respect Weezy but hes been a mix tape killer thats never had consistent albums and all that laughing and giggling, dude definitely is talented dont get me wrong but hes not in Biggies class or no were near it!!
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    this ? thread is still around...
  • ItzGravitation
    edited June 2010
    so since Wayne dont make albums you like you try and take away from him?
    All of Slaughterhouse cant make a good album to save the world but no one takes from them.
    The Young Money hate on the IC amazes me more and more every day.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ? Mobb Deep,
    ? Biggie,
    ? Bad Boy as a staff, record label, and as a mother ? crew.
    And if you want to be down with Bad Boy,
    Then ? you too.
    Chino XL, ? you too.
    All you mother ? ,
    ? you too.
    oh and young money lol
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    so since Wayne dont make albums you like you try and take away from him?
    All of Slaughterhouse cant make a good album to save the world but no one takes from them.
    The Young Money hate on the IC amazes me more and more every day.

who said anything about slaughterhouse? I sure as hell didn't.