R&B Slow Jams Mixtape

RSDJ KayPlaya
RSDJ KayPlaya Members Posts: 10
edited February 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Whats up AllHipHop fam?! I'm a mix show (radio) / mixtape DJ out in Las Vegas and I wanted to drop off a new project I recently finished for you guys to check out! The RED LIGHT Mixtape is a R&B / Slow James mixtape that I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy!! Here are the covers below and a link to my website were you can listen to / download and comment on it!! A little forewarning If you like the tracklist I suggest downloading it so you can get the full experience! The player on my site generates a slight pause between the tracks so it doesn't continously play as smoothly as it should, you'll be able to get a feel of of it though!

RedLightFront.jpg

Stream / Download Link: www.RSDJz.com/music/107-redlight

Let Me Know What You Think!!
You can also follow me on Twitter --> @RSDJKayPlaya

Comments

• tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Real proper work!!
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited February 2011
    i don't like anybody on it. LOL
  • RSDJ KayPlaya
    edited February 2011
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Real proper work!!

Appreciate that!
  • RSDJ KayPlaya
    edited February 2011
    MonRoch wrote: »
    i don't like anybody on it. LOL

Then I'm assuming you're not a fan of today's R&B.. all good!!
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited February 2011
    Then I'm assuming you're not a fan of today's R&B.. all good!!

yeah i like the old stuff. i also like the 90's and early 2000 R&B. i like Brandy, Monica, India.Arie, Jazmine Sullivan, Chrisette Michelle, and some others.
  • RSDJ KayPlaya
    edited February 2011
    MonRoch wrote: »
    yeah i like the old stuff. i also like the 90's and early 2000 R&B. i like Brandy, Monica, India.Arie, Jazmine Sullivan, Chrisette Michelle, and some others.

A good amount of people prefer the older R&B.. I think you might want to take a listen whenever you have a chance... I'm pretty sure you'll agree the quality of music I chose to put on this mixtape is up there. Its not a Pop/R&B mixtape though some of the artists on there are considered borderline Pop stars.. Its actually real good R&B / Slow Jams on it.
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    Keep doing your thing out there man....Nice post
  • RSDJ KayPlaya
    edited February 2011
    byrond0126 wrote: »
    Keep doing your thing out there man....Nice post

Definitely appreciate that!
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2011
    i been makin slow jam mixes since i was a teenager so i consider myself kind of an expert lol. this is really nice and the transitions work well on my itunes. some of these songs i never heard and i liked. its always nice to hear newer songs since i usually stick w/ the older ones. great job overall. u need to make some more. would love to hear your take on some real ol' school like stylistics, lenny williams, isley bro, etc..

edit: lol at michael posner on there, i don't know why but i found that funny.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    When somebody drops and old school R&B mixtape, ill download that. But props to t/s keep doing your thang...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Make a 90's RnB sprinkled with a lil NeoSoul.. and ill be all over it
  • RSDJ KayPlaya
    edited February 2011
    I appreciate that light!It was definitely a little bit of a challenge to find what I personally felt was feel good R&B since the majority of R&B artists are leaning on dance music pretty heave these days! My original intentions where to make a classic 90's R&Bl mixtape but I felt at the moment it was too easy and unoriginal so I went with the newer music. As far as the old school R&B, man nothing tops that! My personal favorites are the Whispers but its so much good music from that era I wouldn't know where to begin! I'll definitely keep at it (thanks for the encouragement) and I might have to conquer that old school mix real soon!
  • RSDJ KayPlaya
    edited February 2011
    When somebody drops and old school R&B mixtape, ill download that. But props to t/s keep doing your thang...

Majority of the R&B mixtapes that come out these days are old school, at least in terms of the 90's. That's why I went with the newer music however I tried to select the music that gave that old school feel to it. If by Old School you mean 70's & 80's.. Yea that needs to be done, I'm up for the challenge!