Origin of Life, Consciousness, & Existence

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Being that this is talked about quite often around here, what are your thoughts on this? I'm sure a 10 minute, almost 11, video won't ? you. You could always open a new tab back into allhiphop while listening to him talk.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    10 minutes................... ah ? this ?

jp ill watch it
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There's nothing to watch, it's more of a listen.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Alright so basically this guy believes that there is one giant entity. And we are pieces of it while we are living, when we die, we go back into this entity to regenerate it's health.

And I hate this guys way of thinking. "Murder, ? , and stealing are not bad in deathiology. There is no right or wrong because we are all part of this entity and when we die we all go back to it. So these things we do while separate from this entity does not matter" I mean what type of ? is that? And earlier he says "Whether you do what we believe is good or what we believe is bad it does not account for you because it depends on which part of the entity is inside of you". To me it sounds sort of like modern religion, giving yourself a crutch to lean on when you ? up rather than accepting that you did it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Typed up portion of my post until about the 8 minute mark. I'm happy about the ending though... you know why Vibe.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is okay, it does not mess with my head. I also think all religions are just made up religions, just my thoughts. I don't think this is any more harmful than any of the others. Good listening.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited February 2011
    Options
    since chozenwon sorta dared me to, I listened to it. This is a great belief system for someone who wants to think he can do anything to anyone and in the end it's all the same,.... that in the end, both baby and baby ? end up in the same conditon. No judgement,... no need for any "repentance" no need for anything like being "born again",... just do as you please ["if it feels good, do it"] and in the end we all end up the same.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Seems foolish, like someone just made some ? up about that which observable to make baseless claims about some proposed "afterlife", "supernaturality", or "morality" (in this case amorality).

Kind of like all religions.

I've never had morals or a desire to believe in some "supreme entity", so I'd have no use "deathology".