Black Afeuses(Atheists)...

Options
Nut Did N' Cider
Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Do any even exist? I seen maybe 2 on youtube but they could be bullshittin jus to get views. Never met one in real life. If you are of African descent and happen to not hold a belief in a ? let it be known here

Comments

• Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what about if you dont worship in the ways of former slave masters? What if you dont follow any man-made superstitious rituals that pre-historic man said ? wanted us to do, and you dont do it because you know that doing so, is being controlled by other men who dont have a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly paycheck waiting for you.

What if you just believe that ? is "this earth." It more alive and full of more energy and love than any religion. Funny how all the people who truely believed that were kilt, kilt, killed off by the white mans.

I believe that the Earth is ? . iz im a afeuses for not being a sheep but a human, which is what "? " intended us to be?

and i know the main purpose is for fellowship and to bring people together and help one another because it wont happen on any other level. I know that. its the ? part and fake reasons that they are being brung together. i cant be down with dat there.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    im a black atheist
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    what about if you dont worship in the ways of former slave masters? What if you dont follow any man-made superstitious rituals that pre-historic man said ? wanted us to do, and you dont do it because you know that doing so, is being controlled by other men who dont have a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly paycheck waiting for you.

What if you just believe that ? is "this earth." It more alive and full of more energy and love than any religion. Funny how all the people who truely believed that were kilt, kilt, killed off by the white mans.

I believe that the Earth is ? . iz im a afeuses for not being a sheep but a human, which is what "? " intended us to be?

and i know the main purpose is for fellowship and to bring people together and help one another because it wont happen on any other level. I know that. its the ? part and fake reasons that they are being brung together. i cant be down with dat there.

On what basis do you assert your belief that "? " is "this Earth" is valid and that so called man made religions are invalid? It would appear to be your own "man made" feel good spiritual bs in itself. In your belief system how do you define "? "? That is to say what do you actually mean when you say the Earth is ? as opposed to someone who believes the Earth is a purely physical object with no cognition or emotion(you mentioned love) whatsoever?
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    On what basis do you assert your belief that "? " is "this Earth" is valid and that so called man made religions are invalid? It would appear to be your own "man made" feel good spiritual bs in itself. In your belief system how do you define "? "? That is to say what do you actually mean when you say the Earth is ? as opposed to someone who believes the Earth is a purely physical object with no cognition or emotion(you mentioned love) whatsoever?

k3pfo.gif

• Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So you can't defend your position. Understood. It is utter feel good nonsense with no basis in reality
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? lyin. What led you to your position? I'm sure you were raised in a religious household.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? lyin. What led you to your position? I'm sure you were raised in a religious household.
    lol you sound mad.whats your beef the black atheist are you an atheist?
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol you sound mad.whats your beef the black atheist are you an atheist?

I stay afeus. But I ain't met no other black afeuses so I don't believe you. You need more people

Nah on some real tho I jus wanna hear others' "testimonies" of what led them to disbelief
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I stay afeus. But I ain't met no other black afeuses so I don't believe you. You need more people

Nah on some real tho I jus wanna hear others' "testimonies" of what led them to disbelief

i dont have a testimony i have never believed.it just has always sounded absurd to me no matter who i heard endorse belief of a ? .the fact that you have to "believe" and have "faith" raises
    red flags to me.i have read the bible from beginning to end and i dont see anything to inspire belief.it does have alot of truths and wisdom in some phrases but also alot of fabrications.
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Were you forced to attend church at an early age?
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yes i was and also go to sunday school but not much.
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well it took a buff hung ? like myself many years to break free of religious brainwashing. I always had sneaking doubts in the back of my mind but it wasn't until my teens until I started to truly question and not until my early 20's that I was able to put it completely behind me. The black community encourages groupthink over individual critical thinking more than any other race in western civilization so I believe that is why there are so few of us. I'd guess under 1% of the black population would identify itself as non religious
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well it took a buff hung ? like myself many years to break free of religious brainwashing. I always had sneaking doubts in the back of my mind but it wasn't until my teens until I started to truly question and not until my early 20's that I was able to put it completely behind me. The black community encourages groupthink over individual critical thinking more than any other race in western civilization so I believe that is why there are so few of us. I'd guess under 1% of the black population would identify itself as non religious

yeah but i usually dont talk much about it unless i am directly asked
    i think its that way with blacks for pragmatic reasons due to our history in this country.also the whole world i would estimate about 5 billion out of a population of 7 billion claim belief in a ? .peer pressure can be very difficult especially from loved ones
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Where bouts you live?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I became an atheist when I was 14 or 15, for about a week, a world without a ? seemed harsh to me at the time so I tried to force myself to believe in some kind of 'energy' being that could be thought of as a non-interventionist ? who could be called on for emotional support. I couldn't bring myself to believe in an after life though and I never denied evolution, the big bang etc. At 21, I had outgrown the need for a ? so I decided to stop pretending otherwise.

Here's a list of famous Black atheists.

http://www.infidelguy.com/article75.html
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hurma, i quoted you and said "nice post" and then i said my own thing but i think that because when i quoted you, and it has a link attached, it wont go thru because it needs a mod approval.

so if it dont, and it wont, get approved, i just said that i love living in a world where religion keeps us safe because living in a world without people believeing in ? and Jesus might really suck and we would all be in danger!

if my post gets approval, then null and void, but i never get approved because i speak too much truths. smarter than Darwin. real talk. Only because i can explain what he couldnt from people who could.
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hurma, i quoted you and said "nice post" and then i said my own thing but i think that because when i quoted you, and it has a link attached, it wont go thru because it needs a mod approval.

so if it dont, and it wont, get approved, i just said that i love living in a world where religion keeps us safe because living in a world without people believeing in ? and Jesus might really suck and we would all be in danger!

if my post gets approval, then null and void, but i never get approved because i speak too much truths. smarter than Darwin. real talk. Only because i can explain what he couldnt from people who could.

Yea a world without those kinds of people might lead to all sorts of slavery, oppression and genocide! Oh wait. Those very people do those things
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yea a world without those kinds of people might lead to all sorts of slavery, oppression and genocide! Oh wait. Those very people do those things

i wasnt gonna respond to you but your dumbness is balling outta control!!!

my post was so profound that it need a mod's approval. it wasnt gonna happen, so i had to improvise.

That ? you quoted is obvious. If we lived in a world where religion controlled the masses, then everyone else is safe. The idiots are being controlled by men who calls us sheeps and in return, he is our "pastor" or one who tends sheep. Religion keeps the idiots in control because an idiot will say " well, i will rob and steal, but i wont ? nobody cuz i dont wanna go to hell, plus i go to chuch so jesus will forgive me." that conversation is happening every single day.

like i said before, you trying to be a number 3 rebel rouser. after matt and ktulu. u like to make threads just to disagree with people. in communication classes, you would be known as a "non-listener." what type? well, an "ambushing non-listener; Attack what a person says after listening carefully just to show others they think they know something.

u ? with me you ? . i tried to leave ya ? alone but u keep callin me out huh? this is a big board, and ive been called out by smarter people (people smarter than me)
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Where bouts you live?

i live in boston where do you live?
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Northern Califus(dreads and gold teefus)
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm a Black Atheist because there was a ? load of contradictions staring at me when i first investigated religion. My parents practiced Yoruba but i never believed in that either. I did understand the concept of honoring and building an alter to your ancestors in terms of remembering your lineage (not in a spiritual sense). My moms is a hard core christian now do to the many challenges she faced that made her run in that direction for comfort. She did grow up a Catholic and i was aware that she was always a believer even while practicing Yoruba (do yo my pops), but I didn't grow up around church.

Everybody around me was either a Muslim or Christian or an offshoot of the two. And then there were Jews. Growing up in NYC helped me to experience varying degrees of belief. I noticed that most people just said they believed but were as corrupt as the non believers they laid accusations on. No one was special in my eyes and no one knew wtf they were talking about other then what they were raised to regurgitate. I was made to read genesis in College Philosophy and debated the entire class of many older black people (late night classes) about the strangeness of the allegory.

Too many believed it to be either literal or metaphorical but inspired by ? ). I saw it to be a book written in the hand of man with sprinkles of others history. I also thought that it was strange that people so easily dismissed the beliefs of older religions without truly seeing the hypocrisy in their words. I guess i never did things like others anyway. I don't bite my tongue about it if asked. I don't speak with the ultra religious about it because i've been known to cut a ? to deep.
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited February 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I'm a Black Atheist because there was a ? load of contradictions staring at me when i first investigated religion. My parents practiced Yoruba but i never believed in that either. I did understand the concept of honoring and building an alter to your ancestors in terms of remembering your lineage (not in a spiritual sense). My moms is a hard core christian now do to the many challenges she faced that made her run in that direction for comfort. She did grow up a Catholic and i was aware that she was always a believer even while practicing Yoruba (do yo my pops), but I didn't grow up around church.

Everybody around me was either a Muslim or Christian or an offshoot of the two. And then there were Jews. Growing up in NYC helped me to experience varying degrees of belief. I noticed that most people just said they believed but were as corrupt as the non believers they laid accusations on. No one was special in my eyes and no one knew wtf they were talking about other then what they were raised to regurgitate. I was made to read genesis in College Philosophy and debated the entire class of many older black people (late night classes) about the strangeness of the allegory.

Too many believed it to be either literal or metaphorical but inspired by ? ). I saw it to be a book written in the hand of man with sprinkles of others history. I also thought that it was strange that people so easily dismissed the beliefs of older religions without truly seeing the hypocrisy in their words. I guess i never did things like others anyway. I don't bite my tongue about it if asked. I don't speak with the ultra religious about it because i've been known to cut a ? to deep.

Cool post. nice!!!

yup. christians and muslims. it seems so far fetched to worship in the ways of our afrikan ancestors, but if you seek, ye shall find. A black atheist aint nothing but an anti-white man's religion. thats why it sounds bad. and its disrepectful to dogg fam out by getting down with them nasty dogs and worshipping like them. they enslaved us, and now wants you to get over it. We cant get over it. Look outside! we cant. ? it. lets do us. Oh, but the Afrikans dont like us? well, ? them too! Even they cant erase what we were, but yall act like yall dont even wanna know.

Im too deep for this typing ? . i need to speak infront of a thousand people a night. but who has the time and energy lol
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am a black atheist and i lost faith about 2-3 years ago when i was around 13-14 i believe.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cool post. nice!!!

yup. christians and muslims. it seems so far fetched to worship in the ways of our afrikan ancestors, but if you seek, ye shall find. A black atheist aint nothing but an anti-white man's religion. thats why it sounds bad. and its disrepectful to dogg fam out by getting down with them nasty dogs and worshipping like them. they enslaved us, and now wants you to get over it. We cant get over it. Look outside! we cant. ? it. lets do us. Oh, but the Afrikans dont like us? well, ? them too! Even they cant erase what we were, but yall act like yall dont even wanna know.

Im too deep for this typing ? . i need to speak infront of a thousand people a night. but who has the time and energy lol

how is atheism an anti-white man's religion when white people started it? from what i understand about human history- all of the seminal spiritual teachings were stolen from people of color, mutated into religions and used against them. what have black atheists done for "the struggle"?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Somebody told me to add links after I make a post.

If religious beliefs did not justify policies and actions that cause suffering (ie. homophobia, sexism, indoctrination and psychological coercion, disregard for non-human animals etc.) then I wouldn't see anything wrong with them, regardless of how inaccurate they are. It would be better if people thought critically because critical thinking and the scientific method is how we improve our situation. Religious dogma and the idea that belief should be based on faith instead of empirical evidence interferes with critical thinking. If I'm wrong and the greatest possible balance of happiness over suffering in the world could only be achieved if everyone adopted Islam, then I would be for promoting Islam even if I privately disbelieved.