Incredible Creatures That Defy Evolution

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Has anyone seen this?

thumbnail.aspx?q=668683013532&id=bd2a6da3788a86b00d53d0579fe39379&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.bayimg.com%2fnapklaack.jpg

Basically a "? must have created this..." and a "debunking" of evolution from what I have heard. I haven't seen it yet, I'm gonna watch it soon on netflix, just curious as to if anyone has watched it or if anyone is curious it is on netflix if you have an account...

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thoroughly debunked decade-old Christian video series.

Every single example they use is well-explained by biology.

The bombardier beetle, for example. Their argument boils down to "I don't personally get how this evolved, so it must not have. Instead, magic!"

But the evolution of that creature is already understood by science.

And so it goes for every other thing they mention in these videos.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I haven't seen it yet but I see that giraffe on the front cover. The most basic common sense will tell you that those things couldn't have possibly survived a long evolutionary process. I've been dropping examples like this on the IC forever......exapmles that have been sh*ttin' on darwinian evolution and nobody even acknowledges it.

.......Blind followin' azz sheep SMH.

PEACE
  • The True Flesh
    edited February 2011
    Options

The bombardier beetle, for example. Their argument boils down to "I don't personally get how this evolved, so it must not have. Instead, magic!"

But the evolution of that creature is already understood by science.And so it goes for every other thing they mention in these videos.

Link ???????
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The evolution of the giraffe is well-understood.

Once again, the only argument creationists have is "I don't get it, so it must be magic!"
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • The True Flesh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The evolution of the giraffe is well-understood.

Once again, the only argument creationists have is "I don't get it, so it must be magic!"

Well understood by who ??? certainly not anybody here. anybody can choose to believe the first biased link they Google

as far as these so called "creationist" arguments.......

STRAWMEN !!!

PEACE
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i lol at your cobra commander avatar every time
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

But the evolution of that creature is already understood by science.

And so it goes for every other thing they mention in these videos.

Ahh I see. I'll still check it out. Hopefully it's at least more interesting than "The Case for Christ"...
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • The True Flesh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't claim to have proof of creation. I just point out that there's no proof of evolution either. The beetle stuff isn't really something I cosign because I can't call it, but seriously, if EVERY CREATURE ON EARTH transitioned from being something else, why can't we catalogue EVEN ONE full transition ?

Not being skeptical about that alone makes you a blind following sheep.

PEACE
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Every time we give you examples of "cataloged transitions" you refuse to accept them.
  • The True Flesh
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Every time we give you examples of "cataloged transitions" you refuse to accept them.

You know as well as I do that there are no examples of catalogued full transitions. what you give are individual fossils with physical traits that are characteristic of two different classes of animals which scientists suggest are transitional but without a predecessor or descendant it could only be a suggestion.......the rest is either faith or confidence that eventually more evidence will be discovered which is essentially faith too.

Your IC popularity doesn't make your stance any stronger. SMH @ your validation coming from the co-sign of 1000 morons.

PEACE
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Okay but still evolution seems to make a lot more sense than ? fashioning humans out of dirt.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You know as well as I do that there are no examples of catalogued full transitions. what you give are individual fossils with physical traits that are characteristic of two different classes of animals which scientists suggest are transitional but without a predecessor or descendant it could only be a suggestion.......the rest is either faith or confidence that eventually more evidence will be discovered which is essentially faith too.

Your IC popularity doesn't make your stance any stronger. SMH @ your validation coming from the co-sign of 1000 morons.

PEACE

co-sizzle to the fullest
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

LMAO! Because believers in the truth don't accept LIES. It's not quantum physics. The truth is the truth. Will you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior today?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Okay but still evolution seems to make a lot more sense than ? fashioning humans out of dirt.

What you smoking?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    all you religious zealots should head over to Ktulu's Steve Harvey Takes An L thread in the GnS. Good times over there. You'll feel welcome I'm sure.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    all you religious zealots should head over to Ktulu's Steve Harvey Takes An L thread in the GnS. Good times over there. You'll feel welcome I'm sure.

Why? The last day will show who was right and who was wrong. And after the great white throne judgment all those who played ? for a fool will be FOREVER forgotten about. Yeah, ? got that REAL eternal ether. Get saved or get burned. Yeah dat.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You know as well as I do that there are no examples of catalogued full transitions.

You know as well as I do that there are no examples of a ? giving birth....unless ? was using a turkey baster from heaven. Seriously if we were to rewrite the Bible we could just give it the title, "Book with no cataloged examples."
    what you give are individual fossils with physical traits that are characteristic of two different classes of animals which scientists suggest are transitional but without a predecessor or descendant it could only be a suggestion

and you give us a hand me down book, written by anonymous, preaching the word of the uknown...but thats not questionable....
    the rest is either faith or confidence that eventually more evidence will be discovered which is essentially faith too.

we say its not conclusive but we're consistently working to get it right

you call it faith, put your bible stamp on it and demonize anybody who questions it, yet we're the hypocritical ones?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    You know as well as I do that there are no examples of a ? giving birth....unless ? was using a turkey baster from heaven. Seriously if we were to rewrite the Bible we could just give it the title, "Book with no cataloged examples."

and you give us a hand me down book, written by anonymous, preaching the word of the uknown...but thats not questionable....

we say its not conclusive but we're consistently working to get it right

you call it faith, put your bible stamp on it and demonize anybody who questions it, yet we're the hypocritical ones?

I refuse to believe that whoever raised you, didn't raise you to know the Lord Jesus Christ. You were raised to know the truth. And even if you weren't raised to know the truth, you have heard the truth. So what kind of excuse will you have when you stand before ? ? ? have mercy on the soul that has stared at the truth in the face and rejected it. ? have mercy!
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

PEACE

• KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We've actually witnessed, first-hand, full transitions of one species into another.

Many times over.

And we've talked about it on the IC, but Christians find ways for it to just not count.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We've actually witnessed, first-hand, full transitions of one species into another.

Many times over.

And we've talked about it on the IC, but Christians find ways for it to just not count.

Jesus loves you.