has anyone had a nde that has changed your life?

Options
thedesolateone
thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
There are numerous reports of bad NDE trips involving tortures by elves, giants, demons, etc. Some parapsychologists take these good and bad NDE trips as evidence of the mythical afterlife places of various religions. They believe that some souls leave their bodies and go to the other world for a time before returning to their bodies.

If so, then what is one to conclude from the fact that most people near death do not experience either the heavenly or the diabolical? Is that fact good evidence that there is no afterlife or that most people end up as non-existing or in some sort of limbo? Such reasoning is on par with supposing that dreams in which one appears to oneself to be outside of one’s bed are to be taken as evidence of the soul or mind actually leaving the body during sleep, as some New Age Gnostics believe.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Near Death experiences are your mind dying and at the same time it's short circuiting and the things you fear most are thrown into a real life dream.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Near Death experiences are your mind dying and at the same time it's short circuiting and the things you fear most are thrown into a real life dream.

i think similarly but i know people who have turned to a ? because of a nde and i just wanna know how they make this connection
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i think similarly but i know people who have turned to a ? because of a nde and i just wanna know how they make this connection

They believe in a ? before hand, they just may not be very religious or in touch with their religion, but they often believe in a ? that will punish them. So they die, the brain starts ? up, it picks up on the after death fear and they start thinking they're going to hell and when the are revived it changes them. Like people you see who have a bad LSD trip and find or lose ? or have a good trip and end up worshiping lizards and elves.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Most of the time when people have these "NDE", they "die" but your organs don't so the brain stays running and there we have the whole "I went to heaven" thing. I've heard stories from non-religious cats, one was a woman died and went to "heaven" but there wasn't a ? or Jesus or people, it was a dog/cat park with beautiful landscaping.

Heaven is what you make it I guess..
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    someone people claimed they died and came back but if you came back how was you really dead?dead is dead?they must mean clinical death but i have yet to witness someone coming back from the dead
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    someone people claimed they died and came back but if you came back how was you really dead?dead is dead?they must mean clinical death but i have yet to witness someone coming back from the dead

Jesus!

And peoples hearts and brains stop for a short period of time, that's death.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

I think they classify clinical death when there is a cessation of all brain wave activity. And NDE seem to happen at times when it isn't known if there is a cessation of brain wave activity. Like they loose consciousness but they're still technically alive.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jesus!

And peoples hearts and brains stop for a short period of time, that's death.

thats what they claim led to their 'faith' so to speak
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think they classify clinical death when there is a cessation of all brain wave activity. And NDE seem to happen at times when it isn't known if there is a cessation of brain wave activity. Like they loose consciousness but they're still technically alive.

So people may never really die.

Because clinically dead is our way of saying "He's dead". For all we know when the brain and heart stops and we're declared deceased our mind may carry on. ? it could be levels, you die, your brain starts a new life, that new thought up life dies, the brain goes into another stage....

Matrix_Wallpaper.gif 0_o