If a woman [subliminally] calls a man "toxic," does the man have any shot with her?

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Powder Room
If you don't like to read long posts, then go to a different thread. If you do, then continue...

I need to ask this. Let me give yall the condensed story:

Back in high school, my ex gf and I were on and off. Both of us were in a relationship for the first time, and we honestly had no idea what we were doing. After high school when we had broken up, she still texted me and I grew irritated because I wanted nothing to do with her, so I said some mean words and she stopped contacting me for two years.
Being a senior at college now, saw that she been commenting on our college's page. I commented on one of my peers' post, and she commented on the same one, 'happy' that she saw that I was commenting on there. I added her, and we texted each other feverishly since last weekend.
I feel as though the tables turned because she was the one that was being textually aggressive, wanting to know what I was doing for spring break, wanting to hang out with me et al.
Back to the question. She posted a link to the song Toxic by Britney Spears. She posted several times msgs that were directed at me, though she denied they were directed at me. She tagged me in a photo, saying I was #9 on her top friends of all time (with 9 I suspect being the top one, and with 1 like). If you have listened to Toxic thousands of times and have the lyrics memorized, why would she call me Toxic? Is that a positive or negative sign? I mean, for not talking to me in TWO YEARS, she already wanting to hang out with me and asking what my plans are for spring break... why would she suddenly ask that?
I want to get back with her, but I feel as though I need to earn it first. I want her to get to truly know me, to trust me et al and then hopefully I'm worthy enough..
But she wants to get with me. Why she want to get with me relationship already? I mean, she asking if I had any gfs since high school, and I told her "not since we were together." She replied the same thing.

I know I've gone off on many tangents in this questions, but I would like for you (if you decide to answer this question) to maybe clarify some things. Maybe suggest a course of action to take, or what her intentions are, or what I should do... Thank you very much

Comments

• Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Her calling you toxic doesn't have anything to do with her other actions...she still wants to be with you and is probably using that song as a way to tell you to not be that way with her anymore.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited February 2011
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Her calling you toxic doesn't have anything to do with her other actions...she still wants to be with you and is probably using that song as a way to tell you to not be that way with her anymore.

Thank you for your input Blue. I agree with what you said;however, I was being aggressive like what she is doing now before when we were together, and she was non-commital. Guess she could be cut some slack because we were both 17 year old kids who didn't know what it took to maintain a relationship, so that is why we were on/off. As I said, we talking for the first time in two years, so why would she be so quick to get into a relationship? I don't get it...
  • Blue Virgo
    edited February 2011
    Well, first let me start by clarifying "she still wants to be with you"--I meant that as in be around you, spend time with you, be friendly with you.

Now, who's to say she's trying to get back into a relationship with you this fast?
    Not to say it's not on her mind, but maybe she wants to take it slow and see where it leads--I don't know.

• Young_Chitlin
    edited February 2011
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Well, first let me start by clarifying "she still wants to be with you"--I meant that as in be around you, spend time with you, be friendly with you.

Now, who's to say she's trying to get back into a relationship with you this fast?
    Not to say it's not on her mind, but maybe she wants to take it slow and see where it leads--I don't know.

Okay, that is what she basically said the other day when we talked. Alright I get it now
  • Blue Virgo
    edited February 2011
    lol, if she said that what were you not getting?