Is the Social Lounge down to play NationStates?

Options

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sounds fun. But im too lazy to sign up.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^^^^ That's how I feel too, I'm gonna get on this with u guys but not tonight
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i am going to need a brief essay explaining why i should devote any time to this
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i am going to need a brief essay explaining why i should devote any time to this

The subject of NationStates is a controversial issue. In depth analysis of NationStates can be an enriching experience. Though NationStates is a favourite topic of discussion amongst monarchs, presidents and dictators, NationStates is not given the credit if deserves for inspiring many of the worlds famous painters. It is an unfortunate consequence of our civilizations history that NationStates is rarely given rational consideration by those politicaly minded individuals living in the past, who just don't like that sort of thing. Though I would rather be in bed I will now examine the primary causes of NationStates.

Social Factors

As Reflected in classical mythology society is complicated. Back when Vealinger reamarked ‘the power struggle will continue while the great tale of humanity remains untold’ [1] he borrowed much from NationStates. While deviating from the norm will always cause unrest amongst ones peers, NationStates cleary plays a significant role amongst the developing middle classes.

Recent thought on NationStates has been a real eye-opener for society from young to old. Clearly it promotes higher individualism and obeyence of instinct. As soon as a child meets NationStates they are changed.

Economic Factors

The dictionary defines economics as 'the social science concerned with the production, distribution, exchange, and consumption of goods and services'. We will primarily be focusing on the Greek-Roman model, a classic economic system of analysis.

Housing
    Prices graph_down_3.gif

NationStates

The statistics make it clear that NationStates is a major market factor. Clearly housing prices sings a very different tune. Assumptions made by traders have caused uncertainty amongst the private sector.

Political Factors

Machiavellian politics is rife. Are our leaders justified in pursuing and maintaining political power? Politicians find it difficult to choose between what has become known in politics as - 'The two ways' - NationStatesism and post-NationStatesism.

We cannot talk of NationStates and politics without remembering the words of one of the great political analysts Vatusia Tuigamala 'Taking a walk across hot coals will inevitably hurt your feet.' [2] This quotation leads me to suspect that he was not unaccustomed to NationStates. It speaks volumes. If NationStates be the food of politics, play on.
    Why did NationStates cross the road? - To get to the other side! Just my little joke, but lets hope that NationStates doesn't inspire similar hilarity in the next elections.

Conclusion

How much responsibility lies with NationStates? We can say that NationStates must not be allowed to get in the way of the bigger question: why are we here? Putting this aside its of great importance. It replenishes the self, it stimulates and is a joy to behold.

As a parting shot here are the words of super-star Courteney Hanks: 'I wouldn't be where I am today without NationStates.' [3]

[1] Vealinger - Turtle Power - 2003 ICJ

[2] Tuigamala - Captain Sir - 1844 Inevitable Publishing

[3] Sham Magazine - Issue 124 - Monkey Books
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

You get 0, 1, or 2 issues a day whatever you set it on and you read the arguements and decide. It then impacts your nation in some way (it takes 1 minute to make a decision). So max like 5 mins a day you will have to devote time to. GO LITERATIM!
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Our region has been setup so we can play against/with each other, nh.

http://www.nationstates.net/region=ic_social_lounge

Password is feelingscaught

lol bet I'm in....
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how do we play against each other???
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can we declare war on each other. In that case prepare to be my territories
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The subject of NationStates...
    well, damn. now i feel obligated
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I did this before and after a month or so they started asking the same questions again. Is that still the case?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The 32nd's national animal is the Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Guap.

The 32nd is ranked 1st in IC Social Lounge and 15,114th in the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.

We don een give a ? .
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Today's World Census Report

The Most Politically Apathetic Citizens in IC Social Lounge

These results were determined by seeing how many citizens of each nation answered a recent World Census survey on the local political situation by ticking the "Don't Give a Damn" box.

pretty funny
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Glowinggrass ftw .
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    "The fact is, the Asiatic Wild Ass population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Peggy Li. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have Asiatic Wild Ass kebabs, Asiatic Wild Ass pies, Asiatic Wild Ass-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."
    lulz...

i heard they were high in sodium tho.....
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    I did this before and after a month or so they started asking the same questions again. Is that still the case?

Players can submit new issues, so I think they have added quite a few.

I don't know, I haven't played this game in years.
  • Jonas.dini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    HA, mandatory ? donations huh?

Seems like a no brainer (yes, yes and yes) but I'm gonna think it over...
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I had part of my forest tore down to mine Uranium.

That's why I'm near the bottom of the list. :(
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm trying to make the most ridiculous decisions on the issues. Y'all can play how you want, I'm out to prove that psychotic Stalinist dictatorship works.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm trying to make the most ridiculous decisions on the issues. Y'all can play how you want, I'm out to prove that psychotic Stalinist dictatorship works.

My Satanic communist nation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your ?
  • glowy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My nation is now a capitalist paradise. Hmm, I'll put a stop to this.
  • Jonas.dini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I gave a concession to the poor people today... but in return I'm taking all their organs
  • Jonas.dini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Damn I accidently gave the rich people a 100% tax rate... ha can't say I meant to do that
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    How the ? did my nation become a non-meat eating nation?

I regulated the killing of animals I ain't end the ? !
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol @ my country being a vegan nation and heart disease still being the number one killer, ? me having an all ? nation.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I made veganism mandatory.

I'll do a news from around the virtual world update in a bit.