The Hangover 2 (2011)

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    The beginning of the trailer showed alot of promise but when it got to the same BS they don't remember anything and have to find the missing partner I lost interest. Probably a good date movie but no way am I just throwing out money to go see this...looks like a sequel that was only made '? of how much $ the 1st film made.

Pretty much. bigger budget.. more cash to throw= why not they come in droves.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    The beginning of the trailer showed alot of promise but when it got to the same BS they don't remember anything and have to find the missing partner I lost interest. Probably a good date movie but no way am I just throwing out money to go see this...looks like a sequel that was only made '? of how much $ the 1st film made.

lol What were you expecting? The first was a mindless comedy. Did you think there would be some kind of deep cinematic progression with the second one? The storyline isn't even all that important. All the silly gags are what made the first one.

Anyway, I do admit that the first one was a lil overrated, but it was still the first comedy that was recommended that I actually found funny. I still remember watching Napoleon Dynamite and wanting to punch everyone that ever told me that movie was hilarious.
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? not this ? again wasnt one overyhyped ? movie enough?

They had to make a part two?

What happened to the not overly exaggerated, normal comedy movies?
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The asian was the funniest thing about the first movie otherwise blah.. i dont like fratboy humor.. and ? humor is just not my thing

90's comedys > for the most part
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If some katz didnt like it cool..it u cant get the comedy that's on you..but i'm laughin at anyone calling it overrated with the success it had..yeah overrate yet good amoung of ppl liked and got the jokes

oh well...comedy is suppose to be mindless..shrug shoulders...

i guess some katz might feel they are too black for white boy comedy....i guess
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    If some katz didnt like it cool..it u cant get the comedy that's on you..but i'm laughin at anyone calling it overrated with the success it had..yeah overrate yet good amoung of ppl liked and got the jokes

overratednes doesnt speak to success.. ? theres a lot of ? that overrated that people flock in droves to.. just because people gravitate to it doesnt meant it is not overrated..
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options

Nah thats not true I thought Happy Gilmore was funny.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Nah thats not true I thought Happy Gilmore was funny.

i thought superbad and 40 year old ? was funny.. didnt really want to see 40 year old ? but it was cool, i liked it a lot more than HANGOVER thought it was another wack white comedy but it was pretty good
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    still say the only part in the last movie that made me laugh was when the chinaman jumped out the trunk butt ass naked
  • rice n gravy
    edited April 2011
    Options

whats white boy comedy? the jokes simply werent that funny haha dude gets tazed by a fat kid haha tiger in the bathroom haha mike tyson singing to some ? song i guess some prefer smarter comedy(yeah theres such a thing) than that ? :)
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i thought superbad and 40 year old ? was funny.. didnt really want to see 40 year old ? but it was cool, i liked it a lot more than HANGOVER thought it was another wack white comedy but it was pretty good

I think I watched Superbad I cant remember, thats the movie with the fat curly hair dude right?

And I never even seen 5 mins of 40 Year Old ? .

That Will Ferrell movie Step Brothers made me laugh, that ? was absurd.

And thats "white boy" humor..

Step Brothers ? on Hangover.
  • ghost!
    edited April 2011
    Options
    overratednes doesnt speak to success.. ? theres a lot of ? that overrated that people flock in droves to.. just because people gravitate to it doesnt meant it is not overrated..

I know that...i'm saying that word gets used waaay too much in these forums..that movie was not overrated.

? was pretty funny. also like i said if you didnt like it..cool.
    whats white boy comedy? the jokes simply werent that funny haha dude gets tazed by a fat kid haha tiger in the bathroom haha mike tyson singing to some ? song i guess some prefer smarter comedy(yeah theres such a thing) than that ? :)

i was responding really to the frat boy comedy line....and again...what you pick out as funny..or unfunny in that movie doesnt mean i or anyone esle felt the same way...and none of that ish u described was what i found funny about the movie.

just out of curiousity..is smarter comedy????

I think I watched Superbad I cant remember, thats the movie with the fat curly hair dude right?

And I never even seen 5 mins of 40 Year Old ? .

That Will Ferrell movie Step Brothers made me laugh, that ? was absurd.

And thats "white boy" humor..

Step Brothers ? on Hangover.

quit holdin on to that line...it was just a tongue and cheek comment..it really wasnt meant to be anything...and that's your opinion if you felt step brothers was better..i never once said hangover was the goat comedy

i just feel it wasn't over rated..so relax
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm from the school that, if your girl laughs at it, has it on DVD and talks about it being the GOAT, then its no good.

Too many females liked Hangover.

Like way too many.
  • ghost!
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm from the school that, if your girl laughs at it, has it on DVD and talks about it being the GOAT, then its no good.

Too many females liked Hangover.

Like way too many.

smh.....what school is that??...that's not how we judge comedy over here mayne..if it makes u laugh..it's funny

...shrug shoulders.
  • rice n gravy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know that...i'm saying that word gets used waaay too much in these forums..that movie was not overrated.

? was pretty funny. also like i said if you didnt like it..cool.

i was responding really to the frat boy comedy line....and again...what you pick out as funny..or unfunny in that movie doesnt mean i or anyone esle felt the same way...and none of that ish u described was what i found funny about the movie.

just out of curiousity..is smarter comedy????

plzs tell me what you found funny the whole waking up not knowing what happen aspect of the movie? cuz i really wanna know why so many ppl thought this movie was gods gift to us

by smarter comedy i mean movies that wouldnt use stuff like a ? joke(example) to get a laugh

i also admit if I didnt have 10-15 people in my ear telling my how ? funny this movie was before even viewing I might have liked it more but o well.....
  • blank..
    edited April 2011
    Options
    smh.....what school is that??...that's not how we judge comedy over here mayne..if it makes u laugh..it's funny

...shrug shoulders.

Girls got the personality and humor of a boars ? .

They arent good indicators of a good comedy movie..

Hence why I said its overrated.

I personally didnt find it funny.

But the fact that alarming rates of females quote lines from this movie all the time, makes my opinion almost fact.

Its an overhyped, luck of the draw movie.
  • ghost!
    edited April 2011
    Options
    plzs tell me what you found funny the whole waking up not knowing what happen aspect of the movie? cuz i really wanna know why so many ppl thought this movie was gods gift to us

by smarter comedy i mean movies that wouldnt use stuff like a ? joke(example) to get a laugh

i also admit if I didnt have 10-15 people in my ear telling my how ? funny this movie was before even viewing I might have liked it more but o well.....

1. i never used another person opinion to judge anything that entertains me
    2. comedy is suppose to be mindless..i have never heard of smart comedy onless i'm watching a George Carlin or Dennis Miller stand up
    3. you are the one using the term "smart comedy" so i ask you for your clarification on the term not to sit here and prove to you why it was funny
    4. so u dont laugh at anything Dave Chappelle does..he uses alot of ? jokes in his comedy skits??/

as i said..if u didnt like it cool...i jsut thought it wasnt overrate..i have never heard anyone describe that movie as being overrate except when i log on here.
  • ghost!
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Girls got the personality and humor of a boars ? .

They arent good indicators of a good comedy movie..

Hence why I said its overrated.

I personally didnt find it funny.

But the fact that alarming rates of females quote lines from this movie all the time, makes my opinion almost fact.

Its an overhyped, luck of the draw movie.

ahh yeah *shrug shoulders* we live in different cities

none of that goes on here......ur entitle to ur opinion.
  • rice n gravy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1. i never used another person opinion to judge anything that entertains me
    2. comedy is suppose to be mindless..i have never heard of smart comedy onless i'm watching a George Carlin or Dennis Miller stand up
    3. you are the one using the term "smart comedy" so i ask you for your clarification on the term not to sit here and prove to you why it was funny
    4. so u dont laugh at anything Dave Chappelle does..he uses alot of ? jokes in his comedy skits??/

as i said..if u didnt like it cool...i jsut thought it wasnt overrate..i have never heard anyone describe that movie as being overrate except when i log on here.
    so u never been recommended a movie/song by someone watch or w/e and are dissapointed ?

and i said smarter comedy which i ONLY meant are movies whose *jokes* arent what was in the hangover,,,,,, random tiger in bathroom baby in closet mike tyson etc...

great movie to get high and watch cuz of the randomness of it all but i thought it was stupid but you dont(and many other) which is cool also
  • ghost!
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so u never been recommended a movie/song by someone watch or w/e and are dissapointed ?

and i said smarter comedy which i ONLY meant are movies whose *jokes* arent what was in the hangover,,,,,, random tiger in bathroom baby in closet mike tyson etc...

great movie to get high and watch cuz of the randomness of it all but i thought it was stupid but you dont(and many other) which is cool also

"judged" was the keyword..i have been recommended movie/songs...but i never forum my opinion off of what other person said about said song or movie....watch or listen yes, but judge it...no.

and i was just asking what you meant by "smarter comedy" cuz tyson being in the movie wasnt funny..but tyson looking that them like "u crazy wht boys" was funny..the baby in the movie wasnt funny..but the character alan making the baby do ish, or the baby getting hit with the car dooor and them acting like the white baby was name Carlos was funny.....like i said..what u found that wasnt unfunny in the movie...i didnt laugh at...but certain things that were said in the movie made me laugh

that's all.
  • rice n gravy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "judged" was the keyword..i have been recommended movie/songs...but i never forum my opinion off of what other person said about said song or movie....watch or listen yes, but judge it...no.

and i was just asking what you meant by "smarter comedy" cuz tyson being in the movie wasnt funny..but tyson looking that them like "u crazy wht boys" was funny..the baby in the movie wasnt funny..but the character alan making the baby do ish, or the baby getting hit with the car dooor and them acting like the white baby was name Carlos was funny.....like i said..what u found that wasnt unfunny in the movie...i didnt laugh at...but certain things that were said in the movie made me laugh

that's all.

considering i only watched it cuz other people said I should u damn right i formed it around those opinions
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I may have given this a shot, if they didn't complain so much about Mel Gibson being in the movie. The fact that all of the actors got in the way to do that was a bit messed up.

The first one wasn't worth the hype, but it passed the time.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this will be funny.... the first one was hilarious however i dont consider it a classic comedy because it does not have the replay value of a classic comedy
  • brocktonpatriot
    brocktonpatriot Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So long gayboys