Do you fell conformable giong to the movies by yourself?

the best 1
the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
8204768bc9e107e4dd898766012c8ef80c965a5.jpg

Do you think you would fell unconformable going to the movies by yourself?

If you were at the movies by yourself and saw a group of people who knew you and they came up and asked you... who you were here with... would you be embarrassed to say you were by yourself?

820475699bdbe251f9b90d4b2c16e26d8191bef.png

Are you one of those people that can go to the movies by yourself and not think anything of it or do you need to be with a date or a group of people to fell comfortable?

820507706ba78591fb5be122ecf38813f42bcef.png

If you were on a date with a girl at the movies and you saw a co-worker sitting in the corner of the theater by himself... do you think things like... "Damn... this ? up at the movie by himself" and start laughing like he's some loser who can't find a date?

820510113a6df574e24fd3c4e3d52132fd76aac.png

So the question is... how do you fell about going to the movies alone?

Comments

• kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I love going to the movies by myself. I go with my wife or with friends too, but it depends on the movie. But if it's a movie I've been waiting to see and my wife don't really want to go, and I can't round up the homies to go see it. Or just something to do to ? some time out of my day, then hell yeah I'll go by myself.

Then only time I wouldn't go by myself would be opening night of a new movie or just at night in general. That's usually when it's the best time to take a date or go with a group of friends. I would usually go by myself early weekend afternoons if I'm bored or on a weekday I have the day off.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I gives a ? , if I wanna see a movie, Im seein the movie, it doesnt matter to me whether im solo or with others. I go to the movies more because I want to see a film than for a social gathering.
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I've never been to the movies alone, but I don't see the big deal. You can't (or shouldn't) even talk in the movies anyways, so who cares?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I take a ? by myself................so why not go to the movies by my dam self. Really no difference.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'm a huge movie buff so sometimes I watch stuff that my friends, family or girl doesn't want to see. I don't see the Big deal, If you watch movies at home alone, what's the real difference? I think people get caught up with the "Going Alone" aspect. Certain films are "Date" films and certain films are go alone films for me. Also sometimes I go alone cause I don't want to be bother and just want to blaze and watch a film. I don't care or live my life for what people think, I've seen plenty of films by myself. But most of the time I go with someone, especially if it's a Blockbuster. Also If you spend your time scanning the theater looking to see who's alone and who's not, that's more lame than the guy sitting by himself.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    stoneface wrote: »
    I gives a ? , if I wanna see a movie, Im seein the movie, it doesnt matter to me whether im solo or with others. I go to the movies more because I want to see a film than for a social gathering.
    DAMITT wrote: »
    I take a ? by myself................so why not go to the movies by my dam self. Really no difference.

Co-sign these posts.

That's what's wrong with people today.

SHEEP.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    stoneface wrote: »

Word....I been to the movies alone several times, because I like just goin to a movie at a moments notice without havin to make plans and ? . Just up and go, and I dont have to compromise on what movie I want to see.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    yea i go see movies by myself get away from my girl and daughter who talk through the whole movie don't have to debate on wht i want to see just go see it.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Man, I'm older now so I'm cool with it.
    I went to see Inception with my girlfriend the first time and then I went to go see it again for myself. No big deal.
    I will protect myself by avoid the big multiplexes and maybe afternoon or something. I even find it therapedic sometimes- some me time.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Never done it before but I think I'd be alright. I like watching movies with someone else so I have someone to talk to about with after.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Back in the day, I wouldn't be caught dead going by myself. Once I got into acting, (Been acting since 06) I have no problems catching movies by myself. If I want to see a movie bad enough, I'm not waiting for no one, plus I go during the day during matinees since I play poker at night.

Hell, I just came from watching "Drive Angry 3D" by myself a hour ago.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'm a huge movie buff so sometimes I watch stuff that my friends, family or girl doesn't want to see. I don't see the Big deal, If you watch movies at home alone, what's the real difference? I think people get caught up with the "Going Alone" aspect. Certain films are "Date" films and certain films are go alone films for me. Also sometimes I go alone cause I don't want to be bother and just want to blaze and watch a film. I don't care or live my life for what people think, I've seen plenty of films by myself. But most of the time I go with someone, especially if it's a Blockbuster. Also If you spend your time scanning the theater looking to see who's alone and who's not, that's more lame than the guy sitting by himself.

Same Way I Feel...Luckily For Me My Best Friend Is Too And My Girlfriend Will Watch Anything I Drag Her To
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'll go dolo or with someone that will sit there quietly and watch the movie and not talk the whole time or ask 100 questions