BREAKING NEWS: TNA signs 2 MAJOR stars

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
In a move that rivals WWE's signing of Mexican star, Mistico; TNA has signed...........drum roll please.............
FOXSports.com is reporting that New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott, who got national attention during the NFL playoffs for cutting a pro wrestling style promo after a game, has signed a deal with TNA to appear at tonight’s iMPACT! tapings from Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Scott’s NFL contract will likely prohibit him from engaging any physical activity, but Scott will be working with Hulk Hogan on camera in TNA.

Following Scott’s post-game wrestling promo that got him so much attention, Hulk Hogan told the New York Daily News that Scott could absolutely have a career in pro wrestling once his football days are over.

“I knew when Bart looked down the barrel of the camera he believed in himself and in what he was saying,” Hogan said. “That makes him a real dangerous man. When his career’s over and he wants to make some real money, tell him to give me a call and we’ll break him in the right way.”

Tune in next Thursday night, March 3rd to see Bart Scott on iMPACT!

AND.......
SpikeTV issued the following press release on Thursday:

ANGELINA FROM THE “JERSEY SHORE” TO GET IN THE WRESTLING RING AND ISSUE A SPECIAL CHALLENGE
Angelina To Guest Star In Two Episodes Of Spike TV’s “TNA iMPACT!” In March

New York, NY, February 24, 2011 — Angelina Pivarnivck, a former cast member of MTV’s megahit series “The Jersey Shore,” is taking her talents into the wrestling ring. Angelina will appear on two upcoming “TNA iMPACT” episodes on SPIKE TV, Thursday, March 3 at 9:00pm ET/PT and Thursday, March 10 at 9:00pm ET/PT.

In the episode, Angelina will meet and partner with the wrestling duo “The Shore,” comprised of Cookie and Robbie E, and make her professional wrestling debut in the TNA ring. Angelina and “The Shore” share a mutual hatred of “Jersey Shore” star, J-WOWW, whom she will challenge publicly to meet her in the ring for a full-on brawl.

Last October, J-WOWW made an appearance on TNA where she pounded the trash-talking Cookie (who bares a striking resemblance to Snooki).

This special TNA “iMPACT!” event tapes Thursday, February 24 at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, NC. ‘TNA iMPACT” airs on Spike TV Thursdays at 9:00pm ET/PT.

I wish TNA the best in their future endeavors. I wish they would just get it together, but they just keep taking steps backwards, even if these are just one time appearances.

It's hard to cheer for the underdog when the underdog doesn't want to try. And if you call this trying, then I'm at a loss for words on what trying truly is....

Hey RiddleRap, justify these moves for the money they'll most likely shell out for these "celebrities".

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tna lost.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wow this is just wow so much fail..it's just you would think...i mean ..wow
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tna LAUCE.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^fixed
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They bout to crumble
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nobody takes an L like TNA Wrestling
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I came in the thread thinking they did something right, i should have known better
  • TheBoyRo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and if u thought that was "breaking news".........................

pwinsider.com

spoiler

Sting just made his official return to TNA during the Impact taping in Fayetteville, NC, winning the TNA championship from Jeff Hardy. (to air on 3/3/11)
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I hope Sting gets a run with WWE someday, dammit.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

pwinsider.com

spoiler

Sting just made his official return to TNA during the Impact taping in Fayetteville, NC, winning the TNA championship from Jeff Hardy. (to air on 3/3/11)[/QUOTE]

What are they doing, they throwing their title around worse than the WWE. Sting been gone for months and get a title shot his first night back
  • TheBoyRo
    edited February 2011
    Options

pwinsider.com

spoiler

Sting just made his official return to TNA during the Impact taping in Fayetteville, NC, winning the TNA championship from Jeff Hardy. (to air on 3/3/11)[/QUOTE]

What are they doing, they throwing their title around worse than the WWE. Sting been gone for months and get a title shot his first night back

remember when cena returned from injury at survivor series 2008 and won the WHC from jericho? tna makes this idea seem genius
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tna lost.....
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    starvin wrote: »
    wow this is just wow so much fail..it's just you would think...i mean ..wow
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^fixed
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    They bout to crumble
    Nobody takes an L like TNA Wrestling
    I came in the thread thinking they did something right, i should have known better

• TheBoyRo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a 51 year old world champ...............believable??
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a 51 year old world champ...............believable??

Vince MacMahon put the WWF title on himself at one point and he was even older.

At least Sting is actually a wrestler.

? TNA, tho.
  • TheBoyRo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Vince MacMahon put the WWF title on himself at one point and he was even older.

At least Sting is actually a wrestler.

? TNA, tho.

when vince had the title, wresting was the hottest thing on tv, made some sense
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options

that actually makes less sense than putting the title on an old non-wrestler at a time when wrestling isn't hot, but whatever

WCW put the title on David Arquette
  • TheBoyRo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that actually makes less sense than putting the title on an old non-wrestler at a time when wrestling isn't hot, but whatever

WCW put the title on David Arquette

and wcw aint around anymore, so gooooooooooooooo TNA!!!
  • Mally_G
    edited February 2011
    Options

that had to be a hot angle because an ex-girlfriend called me from another state to ask me did I see that match

i can't explain what TNA is doing, seriously. just as I said, I wish them all the luck in becoming successful, but they just don't have the infrastructure to do it.

i don't even think TNA knows what their own direction is, and this is in regards to the two recent signings. I didn't even know of the Sting match. I'll vent about that after I read more about it and why they put the title on him.
  • TheBoyRo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    smh.............just read these spoilers:

Dixie Carter came out and was interrupted by Immortal. Eric Bischoff got some mic time. He handed the mic over to Ric Flair, who brought out Hulk Hogan. Hogan said he won the court case and now has 100 percent control of the company. Fortune ran out, but security stepped in.

1. Beer Money defeated Gunner and Murphy to retain the TNA Tag Titles. Gunner and Murphy were in control of the match until Robert Roode tagged in James Storm. It was all Beer Money after that and they won clean. Ink Inc. came out afterward and challenged them to a match for the Victory Road pay-per-view. Beer Money was really over.

2. Velvet Sky defeated Sarita. Velvet won clean with a DDT. Robbie E, Cookie, and Angelina came out. Robbie E fell unintentionally while coming to the ring. Angelina said she wanted a piece of JWoww, and she took a shot at Velvet. It appears it will be Beautiful People and Winter vs. Sarita, Angelina, and Cookie in a six-Knockout tag on the second taping.

The Jeff and Karen Jarrett wedding ceremony started. Eric Young and Orlando Jordan are involved the wedding. Kurt Angle attacked Jeff Jarrett immediately. Karen Angle was supposed to go into the cake, but it appeared she messed up her spot. It was a very short segment. They are teasing that the wedding will still take place later in the show. Young was the ring bearer and wore a tuxedo t-shirt, and Orlando was the flower girl.

3. Scott Steiner beat Rob Terry. Steiner won the match with the Steiner Recliner.

4. Matt Morgan defeated Hernandez by disqualification.

The main event of the first taping is Jeff Hardy vs. a mystery opponent for the TNA Title.

They aired a 3-3-11 video. Yes, really.

5. Sting defeated Jeff Hardy to win the TNA Title. Sting wore a new outfit with red sequins and had an old school look. Sting hit the Scorpion Death Drop and scored the clean pin.

read the bold................LAUCE
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *Wonders if I should cut a promo on youtube to get signed by TNA???*

Nah..not worth it
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    misleading thread title..i can take tna serious...
  • Mally_G
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    misleading thread title..i can take tna serious...

done intentionally out of sarcasm
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Robbie E is the GOAT, so im all for a storyline that involves him, or i guess Cookie moreso but still. i think Angelina vs. J-Woww could bring some people to TNA. one of my friends who likes JS plans on watching TNA next week and hes never seen wrestling in his life.

Bart Scott, one time deal, its cool. TNA isnt that bad off financially, they have money to do these types of things. something like this and something like moving into a new arena or going on the road full-time, or going live, are totally different levels of money needed.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TNA is boring as ? ....
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why don't Vince just come through and crush the buildings and completely finish off TNA buying the company. TNA is worse than WCW was at the end of it's run.