Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Teased

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming
Site points to GDC outing for next Call of Duty.

Modern Warfare 3 could be just days away from a reveal if a recent teaser site is to be believed.

A countdown site has appeared with the url www.findmakarov.com, with the familiar Modern Warfare font ticking down with just under five days left to run.

It's backed up by dogtags sent out to the gaming press, with That Video Game Blog receiving a handful of them pointing towards the site and bearing the name Sheperd, a character from Modern Warfare 2.

It's as yet unclear who is on development duties for the next Call of Duty game, although there's five studios working on the franchise to pick from. Infinity Ward is one candidate, with Sledgehammer another outfit linked to producing a new Call of Duty game this year.

GDC kicks off this Monday in San Francisco, and IGN will be bringing you all the news as it breaks throughout the event.

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    could give a ? less about this game, lol @ Infinity Ward if they help them with this game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    could give a ? less about this game, lol @ Infinity Ward if they help them with this game

Help who? Its still Infinity Ward's game.
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Help who? Its still Infinity Ward's game.

Didnt IW leave Activision?

"It's as yet unclear who is on development duties for the next Call of Duty game, although there's five studios working on the franchise to pick from. Infinity Ward is one candidate, with Sledgehammer another outfit linked to producing a new Call of Duty game this year."
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Didnt IW leave Activision?

"It's as yet unclear who is on development duties for the next Call of Duty game, although there's five studios working on the franchise to pick from. Infinity Ward is one candidate, with Sledgehammer another outfit linked to producing a new Call of Duty game this year."

No. Activision owns Infinity Ward. The founders of Infinity Ward were fired from Activision, and a few other key people left with them, but Infinity Ward is still a huge studio and Activision said its business as usual at Infinity Ward despite this. Like the press release says, "Infinity Ward is one candidate". I would say they are the main candidate.
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    No. Activision owns Infinity Ward. The founders of Infinity Ward were fired from Activision, and a few other key people left with them, but Infinity Ward is still a huge studio and Activision said its business as usual at Infinity Ward despite this. Like the press release says, "Infinity Ward is one candidate". I would say they are the main candidate.

That's right. The guys that left IW formed Respawn and think they work with EA now. IW is still Activision.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They Aint Gettin No More Of MY Money...Im Done With The Series....
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Them ? ain't slick lol.....they have a following now, so they're about to come out with a Call Of Duty every year like Madden.....I ain't dropping $60 on that ? , I'm gonna still play Modern Warfare 2 and I don't give a ? lol
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Modern Warfare 2 Engine + MW2 Guns + BO Perks and Nerfed Noob Tube = Goat CoD game

Make it happen.
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Them ? ain't slick lol.....they have a following now, so they're about to come out with a Call Of Duty every year like Madden.....I ain't dropping $60 on that ? , I'm gonna still play Modern Warfare 2 and I don't give a ? lol

they been doing this for 3 and a half years now
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They Aint Gettin No More Of MY Money...Im Done With The Series....

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    they been doing this for 3 and a half years now

I noticed.......
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I still play the first MW ? them...
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I still play the first MW ? them...

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

Dont front ? ....once mw2 is dead you gonna hop on mw3 like everybody else will
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Dont front ? ....once mw2 is dead you gonna hop on mw3 like everybody else will

COD4:MW and WAW ain't dead yet
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think MW3 won't be published by Treyarch. I hope not, cuz Black Ops' graphics were ? compared to MW2
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think MW3 won't be published by Treyarch. I hope not, cuz Black Ops' graphics were ? compared to MW2

Treyarch will get the 2012 game. MW3 will be by Sledgehammer/IW
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Modern Warfare 2 Engine + MW2 Guns + BO Perks and Nerfed Noob Tube = Goat CoD game

Make it happen.

+ BO feautures (split screen, theartre mode, playercards n all that ? , gungame) + mw2 gfx + zombies + mw1 campaign...n then u have the goat cod game.
  • vageneral08
    edited February 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    COD4:MW and WAW ain't dead yet

marjority of them on there are broke anyway
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    marjority of them on there are broke anyway

yo son when you want that rematch? lol
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »

+ BO feautures (split screen, theartre mode, playercards n all that ? , gungame) + mw2 gfx + zombies + mw1 campaign...n then u have the goat cod game.

Nah, ? split-screen. They need to abolish that ? quick. There's nothing worse than playing with split-screeners - ALL them ? was trash. 9.9 times out of ten, they would play like some ? . Plus when they quit, 2 people leave instead of one, ? up the already ? servers.
  • vageneral08
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yo son when you want that rematch? lol

yo sometime tomorrow around the afternoon time if you not busy
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    could give a ? less about this game.

Why you lie?

Or are you going to claim that the next BC is going to be better?
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »

? that "split screen" ? .

I hate them ? .
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    damn no love for split screen? me n my lil bro be owning matches 1st and 2nd place damn near every time....i do hate split screen in gun game tho...one person actually plays the other just runs around humiliating ppl smh