The Matrix vs Fight Club... which film was better?

Options
the best 1
the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
82222313d4a24e457a02145cf30d7ba6127ecab.png

Matrix Trailer

Fight Club Trailer

Which one do you think was overall the better movie?

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Matrix.

Fight Club was overrated IMO
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fight club was wicked, the twist had a ? with the drop jaw.....matrix was also amazing, groundbreaking in fact.....and i would have chosen matrix for the fact that it broke so many boundaries as to what we thought was possible with visuals and FX, plus the story was good. but the last two completely tainted the whole series for me, i lived the first matrix but now when i think of the matrix all i think of is the 2 abortions that came after it :(

plus, although the effects were great, however many years down the line, not only am i used to them but ive also seen better in newer films that have had access to more possibilities so the shock factor is no longer there, thus making it not as rewatchable as fight club, for me.....
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Apples and Oranges IMO
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fight club....but im bias
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Damn, why you do this to me?

I love those movies but I am going with The Matrix because of better plot/story-lines that I feel related to that movie. The Matrix makes you think about the world, etc.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fight Club no doubt about it...
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fight club.
    That ? pointed out the fact that man's most natural and basic instinct is to fight and brought it to the forefront of modern society.
    matrix was good but as a trilogy is highly overrated. 1 was damn good reloaded was ground breakingly awesome but revolution was ? and an utter letdown. IMO Animatrix and the PS2 game trumped them all but unless you're a huge fan of anime or the trilogy you probably never watched it. it just didn't end well and they're gonna try to make us wait 10 more years for an answer. ? that I'd much rather see ? Bill 3. but feel free to drool over the thought of a parts 4,5 and 6 sheeple,
    "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fight Club

I watched The Matrix too long after its release and was told so many good things about it, I was dissapointed. I think it's a good concept though but I prefer Fight Club over it.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Apples and Oranges IMO
  • the best 1
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Apples and Oranges IMO

These movies are different but also have some similarities... read this...

“A man disillusioned by what his life has become encounters an exciting stranger who introduces him to a new way of life”

Does this plot summary describe Fight Club or The Matrix?

More similarities...

In Fight Club, ‘You're young. You have an easy, well-paid desk job. You have a condo, Swedish furniture, artistic coffee tables and a fridge full of condiments. Yet you feel emotionally and spiritually empty. …Then you meet Tyler Durden, a man that shows you that not only can you live without material needs but that self-destruction, the collapse of society and making dynamite from soap might not be such a bad idea either.”

In the Matrix, you are young, You have an unfulfilling desktop as a computer programmer. Yet you are emotionally and spiritually empty. Then you meet Morpheus and Trinity, who show you that not only can you live without material needs, but that nothing is as you know it and you must learn to fight to save the world.

In the Fight Club, Tyler Durden tries to free the unnamed Narrator’s mind. In the Matrix, Morpheus tries to free Neo’s mind. Both the Fight Club’s Narrator and Neo lead lives without meaning. The meaning is then imposed by the introduction of a larger than life, mystical guide, who completely shatters their past life (in Fight Club, Durden literally blows up the Narrators apartment and in the Matrix, once Neo takes the red pill he can never go back).
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited February 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    The Matrix.

Fight Club was overrated IMO

This. Fight Club was a good movie and all but ..... that's it, it was a good movie. I'm not watching that more than once.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm... weird. Fight Club was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. With that being said, The Matrix was one of the best movies I have ever seen.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why are you ? trynna compare a whole trilogy to one movie? It's Fight Club compared to The Matrix. Not Matrix: Reloaded or Revolutions
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Are people serious with this comparison? "The Matrix" is one of the greatest movies of ALL TIME any genre. "Fight Club" was good but it's not even Fincher's best movie (Seven > Fight Club). Again, I'm not saying "Fight Club" isn't a Classic cause it is but "The Matrix" was a game changer and will talked about for generations. "The Matrix" had people actually thinking about their lives and what the world is really about. Regardless of what you feel about the sequels, you cannot hate on the original "Matrix", it was a Masterpiece.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Both overrated
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm... weird. Fight Club was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. With that being said, The Matrix was one of the best movies I have ever seen.

what... the.. f*ck.... I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Fight Club is so good that I actually gotta say, "f*ck your opinion"... I've never heard anyone say that about this movie
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Both creative classics but The Matrix (the original and only one) is simply on a different level. It was a game changer for action movies. I related to it more on a religious, spiritual and philosophical level while Fight Club spoke to the social/psychological level of me- my strong and weaker constructs of myself. Plus the fact that it still works as an action movie is really astonding. The Matrix therefore has more replay value for me. Both in my top 10 but Matrix was/is stil probably my favourite movie of all time tied with GoodFellas and Heat.
  • the best 1
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This one is a lot closer than I thought it would be.....

82592157f88f2cf3f755b2266f3a28cdb9668dd.png
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Matrix

One of the best experiences in a theater I've ever had.
  • robdaze151
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so nobody else left the theater ? as hell they paid money for revolution?
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »

I was in shock after that saw that ? .
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah Matrix Trilogy da goat b
  • robdaze151
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah Matrix Trilogy was pure grade A, Tin can goat ? b

There I fixed it for you
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options