Is there any justification for having (biological) children?

2»

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Smh @ King not postin till his hair grew back..
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

LMAO.......I've always been able to grow my hair. It's been a busy couple of months though. Lots of women, weed, and NBA 2k11 has taken up my time.

**Jordan voice** I'm Back
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Lol I would love to raise my own kids man, having a lil version of my wife and me walk the earth, own flesh and blood etc, that completly different than adopting a child. The question whether these is a justification for having children is just crazy simply because of the given cause thats how we reproduce....and dont underestimate that 'spiritual connection'(if you will) you have with your parents/will have with your children.

dont know if it has been said but overpopulation is a myth man, there is more than enough room on this planet for billions more of us.

If you want to adopt children go ahead(might as well cut of your ? lol) but dont look morally down on us cats that still get kids the old fashioned way.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    rofl.gif..........
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Yes it is, as Darx already stated, we live off of wasteful models for life in the west. Vertical greenhouses replacing office buildings of the same height can solve a lot of the food shortages. We could put everyone in the world in comfortable sized condos scattered through out america, and have the rest of the world as wilderness.

Cats are just livin it up right now and dont want to be taken out of their comfort zone, so they hype up hyperdense 3rd - 1st world communities as an excuse to tell everyone to cut back everyones lifestyle, while the dudes cakin at the top continue to exploit land for fun, leisure and resources.

yeah i know but realistically people arent gonna be living in condos and all that, so in our real-life situation and as ? the model may be...couldnt u say we're overpopulated? if nothing changes?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    Proof? I think that's drastically overstated.

And I agree population density isn't as dire as ppl make it.
    42w842xa.jpeg

There you go with a short article. BUt I first heard this from Jon Stosell on 20/20.

And even if you think that it's overstated remember we're just talking about Texas. The entire world's population could fit in the continental United States comfortably with room to spare.
    At least we both agree that there is a finite amount of resources but an ever increasing rate of consumption amongst humans. That consumption part we both agree gets distorted.

But as I say this, if the UN came back with a report (and they may have already) that says Americans/Europeans have to knock their consumption down to pre Vietnam (just throwing out a time period) which would effect: oil, water, food, clothing.....you would be agree to live your life that way?
    I never said I wasnt greedy & part of the problem lol. I'm just saying you cant go saying that the world is overpopulated because it isnt at all. We're all just too greedy.

So the answer to your question is NO i wouldnt WANT to. But as for your "seen & unseen" comment, look at what's happening in the world right now. We are being FORCED to cut down. But look who has to suffer the cuts: The poor and middle class.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    heyslick wrote: »

IMO

If your white stop having children....this NEW world order isn't for you any longer. BTW I really don't understand WHY anyone white american would want children in this ? -up world
    actually europeans and the american descendants of europeans are dying faster than they are reproducing at an exponential rate. "death of the west" by pat buchanan speaks on this extensively.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    heyslick wrote: »

IMO

If your white stop having children....this NEW world order isn't for you any longer. BTW I really don't understand WHY anyone white american would want children in this ? -up world

I don't understand why ANYONE would want kids in this ? up world.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I don't understand why ANYONE would want kids in this ? up world.

Then adults should* start creating a better one.