Leonardo Dicaprio has a strong case to be the best actor of his generation...

Options
124»

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Why people keep sayin Leo gets good roles....cmon bruh....every movie he's been in was just a role given to him? You dont make 5-8 great movies by just getting roles handed to you, it gotta be somethin the director likes about you

This is true, I was gonna say I dont know why folks on here are acting like Leo just goes around and nabs all the good roles. The majority of those were probably given to or maybe even written for him, for all we now. Film makers recognize his talent.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why people keep sayin Leo gets good roles....cmon bruh....every movie he's been in was just a role given to him? You dont make 5-8 great movies by just getting roles handed to you, it gotta be somethin the director likes about you

Money, when the ? is a box office draw better believe they think about making money on their films too. How the ? do you explain non acting mfs like Keanu Reeves, Nicholas Cage, etc. Dicaprio hasn't shown me ? as an actor once, showed no ? range and has been playing the same characters throughout his career.Whenever i watch a movie with dude, i feel like i am watching him and not a character.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Depp ? ALL OVER DiCaprio. Its not even close.

For example can Leo act a very good comedic role?

Rango-short-photo-28-6-10-kc.jpg

The Independent
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    primal fear-norton went up with richard gere, and stole the show easily.. no one even ahd a chance..
    death to smoochy-slept on classi..... but again norton stole the show....

american history x-norton played a ? racist, and a rehabilitated feelon in the same movie, and both were scary convincing...

i don't even think american history x was that great of a script... norton just sold it...

fight club-c'mon son....him and brad pitt murdered that ? ..the ? where he beat his own ass in the bosses office, then whislted out with his shopping cart and broken mouth....c'mon son...

the score-another slept on movie, with brando and deniro no less....

yo...norton gets it in....
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Inception was boring and dull had no substance to it, just a bunch of junk and gibberesh covering up a dull movie. Blood Diamond was a good role that Leo added nothing too, IHe just picks avg boring roles to me where he doesnt have to do much to enhance the role.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I don't think Leo's a great actor either I just wanted to know what makes Depp so great. Cause from what I've seen the last best roles he's done has been in those ? Pirates movies and Alice and Wonderland. What am I'm missing? And I'm talking about recent performances. I'll give you Public Enemies if you want but that was just OKAY.

Oh ok I agree I think hes overrated too... None of these actors compare to a Denzel, Morgan Freeman, or a Brad Pitt. Christian Bale might tho
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Inception was boring and dull had no substance to it, just a bunch of junk and gibberesh covering up a dull movie.

Co-sign.

The technical aspects (photography and CGI) of the film like Avatar was terrific, but the story behind the film was a mess and was ? .
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    primal fear-norton went up with richard gere, and stole the show easily.. no one even ahd a chance..
    death to smoochy-slept on classi..... but again norton stole the show....

american history x-norton played a ? racist, and a rehabilitated feelon in the same movie, and both were scary convincing...

i don't even think american history x was that great of a script... norton just sold it...

fight club-c'mon son....him and brad pitt murdered that ? ..the ? where he beat his own ass in the bosses office, then whislted out with his shopping cart and broken mouth....c'mon son...

the score-another slept on movie, with brando and deniro no less....

yo...norton gets it in....

You know what....you right. I admit, i forgot about those films....especially American History X. Norton does get it in....i guess my point is, Bale & Norton have huge climatic films but also have a few duds. Almost every Leo film since 97 has been a good to great film...its semantics though
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Norton's had some ? roles, than new one where he p;ay a ? ? smh.........

I wanna see if dicaprio can pull off a villain
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You know what....you right. I admit, i forgot about those films....especially American History X. Norton does get it in....i guess my point is, Bale & Norton have huge climatic films but also have a few duds. Almost every Leo film since 97 has been a good to great film...its semantics though

But a film don't make an actor.

DiCaprio hasn't really branched out and taken riskier roles... he always in them movies with a high chance of winning awards and ? .

And I noticed something as well. In virtually every one of his films, dude is always crying over some ? . Why?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ayo.. yall ? throwing Ryan Phillippe in the discussion??
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I heard that Leonardo Di Caprio got cast to play the main character in the Movie Adaption to Aldous Huxley's book, "brave new world."

Thats my fave book, so if he plays the role well then he's definitely going down as the goat for his gen.

I feel the same way....except for the Great Gatsby. If he can nail the role for "Jay Gatsby" then he goes down as goat for his generation IMHO.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hes got that Jack Nicholson force behind him. The way he just owns his screen time.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I hate Leo until Blood Diamond, and then I became a fan.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Norton's had some ? roles, than new one where he p;ay a ? ? smh.........

I wanna see if dicaprio can pull off a villain

He kind of dabbled as a villan in Man In the Iron Mask. (love that movie)
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    DiCaprio is an excellent actor but like Denzel, they are one dimensional actors- great dramatic actors. All his last roles were serious broody characters or biopics. But they both pull it off well.

To enter into the DeNiro, Nicholson tiers tho, you've got to have more range. Let Denzel and DiCaprio try a comedy, something outside their box and pull it off then they get into that top top tier of actors.
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    DiCaprio is an excellent actor but like Denzel, they are one dimensional actors- great dramatic actors. All his last roles were serious broody characters or biopics. But they both pull it off well.

To enter into the DeNiro, Nicholson tiers tho, you've got to have more range. Let Denzel and DiCaprio try a comedy, something outside their box and pull it off then they get into that top top tier of actors.

Co-sign .
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree Nortons movies of late are wack but that don't mean he is wack. At one point he was on his way to legend status.
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i've never watched a dicaprio movie. kanye shrug.
  • rip.dilla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Aztec_Kang wrote: »
    i've never watched a dicaprio movie. kanye shrug.

Hahahaha...